Notices

SST Gear Rev Match. help please

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2014 | 06:40 PM

Thumbs up SST Gear Rev Match. help please

My car is a 08 EDM MR, since Cobb doesn't provide any upgrade maps for EDM cars, I started with the V403 stage 0 base map, I copied most of my tuning maps from EcuFlash I did before and worked fine, pushing 285whp on local dyno, currently I'm working on the shifting issues, after fitting a set of Dodson basic upgrade clutch pack, the shifting quality still doesn't feel "solid"
the upshift from 2 to 3 and from 4 to 5 feels a bit delayed, when shifting under part throttle with just a little positive pressure the rev will hang a little bit then shifts in. but when WOT it just shifts fine.
I was told the Gear Rev Match tables may help and had tried to tweak them, but it feels like a blind dating, I've no idea what kind of theory I should follow and dying with the set, flash and try process, anyone please give me some advice on this topic? any input is appreciated

Robert
Old Dec 6, 2014 | 12:17 PM

I have a JDM 08 X and much like you had only the stage 0 map it use. After discussing this with the Cobb support team, they simply suggested I down load the race tuner software for the JDM (so I could write out a JDM Tune) and also download a USDM version (so I could read the OTS US maps for every stage) from there you port the corrected settings across and be mindful of fueling quality and knock and tune your Evo using that as a base. Currently I am running a stage 1 tune modified getting 0 knock, and will be retuning early next year and will most likely take it to a shop to fine tune using their wideband as I think getting zero knock most likely means I can get a bit from the tune I have deployed.
Old Dec 7, 2014 | 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by D4MNIT
I have a JDM 08 X and much like you had only the stage 0 map it use. After discussing this with the Cobb support team, they simply suggested I down load the race tuner software for the JDM (so I could write out a JDM Tune) and also download a USDM version (so I could read the OTS US maps for every stage) from there you port the corrected settings across and be mindful of fueling quality and knock and tune your Evo using that as a base. Currently I am running a stage 1 tune modified getting 0 knock, and will be retuning early next year and will most likely take it to a shop to fine tune using their wideband as I think getting zero knock most likely means I can get a bit from the tune I have deployed.
Wow, thank you for the advise, I never thought I can download another version of ATR, since I registered mine Cobb AP ID as an EDM, I will try contact their support team for it, thanks mate

and good luck on your tune next year