Notices

Newbie on stage 2 need help

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2015, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie on stage 2 need help

First, thanks for reading!

I just bought my 2011 GSR 11 days ago. The car was not come stock from a small dealership. Base on what I observe, the car had a catless DP, Invidia N1 cat back, injen intake and UICP.
The car was tuned by somebody but not knowing how good or how bad is it.

The car was come from CA to here Utah. So today I decided to flash it to stage 2 as I believe it may be better than what I got as I always do not feel good to have something unknown on my EVO.
I did change the MAF table to fit my injen intake according to the COBB tutorial.

I do not have a wideband nor any other gauge. I just used the AP gauge to test my car and I got 10 at idle and max 11.6 with the AEM AFR.
The rest of the datalog is uploaded below to whom who are willing to help further more.

The question is how do I determine the car is working fine after the flash without taking to a tuner? I drive it for a spin on freeway and local and the car seems working fine at all.
But I notice a "knock" once when I release the gas on 5th gear running 55MPH and the stock bov keep having "zzzzzzeeeeee" sound on 5th gear after 2500 RPM,
which is different from before nor on 1st to 4th gear. I am not really dare to push it too hard before knowing it is ok to do it...

I am having the worry because I do not exactly know what had been done to the car. Lesson learned that a newbie with insufficient fund should not get a modded car.
And now I just want to focus on preventing problem happen. Any input will be really appreciated! Thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2015, 07:58 PM

Datalog is posted here... Sorry I mess sth up with the top post.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
datalog2.pdf (1.78 MB, 0 views)
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:10 AM

Next time post the log in excel format. That will make things easier for all of us. This log looks fine. I see zero knock and your fuel trims are less than 1%, which indicates your MAF is properly calibrated. So you are aware, if your car does not have a wideband installed, then you are only reading the narrowband signal from the stock o2 sensor. The offset and range are different than the AEM settings, so the reading will be incorrect when viewing on the Accessport.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by cravnpup
Next time post the log in excel format. That will make things easier for all of us. This log looks fine. I see zero knock and your fuel trims are less than 1%, which indicates your MAF is properly calibrated. So you are aware, if your car does not have a wideband installed, then you are only reading the narrowband signal from the stock o2 sensor. The offset and range are different than the AEM settings, so the reading will be incorrect when viewing on the Accessport.
I really appreciate your help. The log was an excel but when I tried to upload it, I got a pop up saying format not support. I change the format to XML, which supported by this forum but the file is way to big, exceeding the limit 1.91 MB set by the forum. I am really sorry about the inconvenience.

So if I am not getting wrong, base on what you said my car is probably not having much issue to drive around right? All I need is not hurting the engine in anyway. I love this car a lot and planning to drive it for at least few years.

Thanks a lot!
Old Jan 5, 2015, 03:42 PM

Yes, the car looks good based on that log. I'd suggest a 4th gear WOT log next. Start the log, floor it at 3500rpm, rev out to 7000, then stop the log and it will be small enough to post here.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by cravnpup
Yes, the car looks good based on that log. I'd suggest a 4th gear WOT log next. Start the log, floor it at 3500rpm, rev out to 7000, then stop the log and it will be small enough to post here.
Will do it tomorrow and update. Thanks
Old Jan 6, 2015, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
yup take that bad boy to redline!! then post the log!
Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:15 AM

that car is still fairly OEM with a cobb tune. this is a very safe tune as i have been stage 2 for a few months now. Just please for the love of jesus remember to change oil and dont beat the baby up. She's got lots of years left