Notices

Got check engine light, should I go to stage 2?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2015, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got check engine light, should I go to stage 2?

I just put on my ETS Intake with a stage 1 Cobb OTS map modified for the ETS intake on 93 octane. I was at low RPMs and accelerated about 80% and my check engine light flashed quickly for about 1 second then went away when I let out of the throttle. Should I go to stage 2? I have the following mods: ETS Intake, ETS UICP, ETS V2 catback, HKS SSQV BOV. I do not have a test pipe or DP. If i install my Cobb EBCS should I go ahead and go to stage 3 or wait for a test pipe?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Certainly do not change to a stage 2 map. The check engine light flashing is normally due to a target amount of knock being exceeded , this could be caused by a number of different things, but given that you had just installed a new intake, it was most likely caused by 1 or 2 things that can easily be dealt with.

1) calibrate your tune for your new intake: https://cobbtuning.zendesk.com/hc/en...on-Spreadsheet

2) a bad tank of fuel; simply drive easy on that tank, or add octane booster to help.

Until you move to a TBE system then you really can't use a stage 2 map, once you that done, you can look to install the 3 port and upgrade to the stage 3 map