Notices

Purchasing a car with Cobb AP

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2016, 04:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Purchasing a car with Cobb AP

I'm considering purchasing an Evo X that was tuned via Cobb AP (not on OTS maps). I've never used AP, but I know it datalogs, my questions are: when I go see the car again, how do I pull up the logs? and what should I be looking out for with the logs?

I'm assuming I'll be able to read everything on the actual AP as opposed to downloading it to a computer, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 05:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
First you need to take the car for a cruise and make some logs. It doesnt log until you tell the AP to log. Unless the owner has already done some logs. Personally I would want to drive the car and take some logs myself. A good 5-10 min normal driving log and a couple 2nd to 3rd WOT logs (If owner lets you).

You have to download the maps to a computer. You can set different monitors on the AP itself but you cannot view them on the AP.

If you can get a hold of the logs I would just send them to Cobb as they have excellent customer service and will get back to you right away letting you know if there is anything wrong.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great, thanks, I was hoping that I could of viewed the logs on the AP.