Notices
Discussion / Rumors The rumored Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution XI. .What have you heard? What do you think?

"Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2012 | 05:34 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by Nick M.
From 2006-2011 all of the winning cars from Le Mans have been diesel. I have a lot of faith that Mitsubishi will be able to pull off something great with the XI.
This is what makes me most excited for the new XI. If they do diesel, they have a TON of potential, and damn it's a lot easier to get than e85
Old Jan 6, 2012 | 09:14 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

I wonder if we get any clues at the Detroit auto show next week I'm gonna check it out next Wednesday.
Old Jan 9, 2012 | 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

^^ let us know
Old Jan 9, 2012 | 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Diesel/hybrid will bring the Evo into a whole new category. Essentially, by weeding out the typical "boy racer" owner. (think 8/9's) Hell, if its true that it will have 350hp/tq and more than likely get very good gas mileage, I'm actually excited. I'm getting older and am no longer enjoying driving my 8 everyday. If they can keep it sporty looking/performing as well as add some luxury, consider me sold.
Old Jan 9, 2012 | 07:18 AM

I don't understand all of this diesel hatred, look at anyone who has a tuned diesel pickup truck there pretty nasty and can run 10s or faster. Also look at Le mans race cars there extremely fast, and fuel efficient for a race car. I would happily drive a diesel hybrid better gas mileage tons of torque, quiet and fast. Whats wrong with that? It seems people are stuck in their old ways of thinking and cannot grasp a new concept or advancement in technology that will be better, no wonder we have not embraced diesels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSmgUER8-TA
Old Jan 9, 2012 | 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Gsst98
It seems people are stuck in their old ways of thinking and cannot grasp a new concept or advancement in technology that will be better, no wonder we have not embraced diesels.
Bingo, people just think of the "old" diesel. Dirty, smelly, bad emissions, loud, a pain when its cold...the list goes on.

The fact that almost none of those hold true any more, coupled with the exceedingly long list of advantages over gasoline...I'll take diesel and holefully the general public will come around in time.
Old Jan 11, 2012 | 05:02 PM

I am excited, i think the whole idea of the car is Evolution, and they seem to be doing it. They are the first to try the diesel/hybrid route and i respect them for that. If anyone here drove the 335d they know a diesel can be fast, now imagine AWD to put down the TQ.

I just hope they can pull it off and still make it affordable.
Old Jan 12, 2012 | 10:01 PM

I understand them going a different route, evolving and all that, but electric? Really? Maybe it will just take some time to get used to, but I defiantly wanna see what them come up with.
Old Jan 12, 2012 | 10:58 PM
Evolving Member

im not gonna say anything bad about Mitsubishi because i love my evo, im just gonna wait and see what they come out with and then ill be the judge but knowing them i know they are going to do something surprising.
Old Jan 15, 2012 | 06:57 AM

the new evo XI should be interesting to see, I am sure they will sell regardless based on the previous Evos reputation...
Old Jan 15, 2012 | 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

wow Mitsubishi wasnt even at the Detroit Auto Show, was hoping to see some evos. #fail
Old Jan 15, 2012 | 11:07 AM
Account Disabled

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by N3VO
wow Mitsubishi wasnt even at the Detroit Auto Show, was hoping to see some evos. #fail
They haven't been at tje orlando show 3 yrs in a row now, diesel electric hybrid fail
Old Jan 15, 2012 | 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

I'm not going to bad mouth until I see what they can do. In some respects yes, they should have listened to the consumers. Also, grasp what Japan is doing. MMC is a Japanese company. Citizens of Japan junk their car why they have 70k km(45k mi) and are pushed the gov to have newer cars. Most cars you see on the road in Japan are 2008+, if not 90% of them. The only people with older car are of course the classics like older C10 skylines and tuners with stuff like Mark II and such. I don't think many people know what this combination is capable of. At the Tokyo auto salon this year 2012 figure 8 track they had a fully electric nissan leaf. That thing had zero traction at all and spun in circles most of the time but man did it rip up that track for being electric. Think if that thing had weight as a diesel would. These things MAY and I say that with a strong if, have potential, but we just have to wait and see.
Never know, maybe one of these days in 2015 your ix will get roasted by a diesel/electric xi.
Old Jan 15, 2012 | 01:07 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by N3VO
Yeah, I was dissappointed also.
Old Jan 15, 2012 | 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

For as big a company as Mitsubishi is, they sure don't seem to do a lot of PR work to sell their vehicles compared to let's say Honda, Toyota, Hyundai and Kia. They almost act as if their cars are an afterthought. Funny thing is that in the 90's and first part of the new millenium, their cars were very much promoted and advertised and they had concepts at auto shows as well as a real performance slant.

The next Evo will definitely be marketed towards environmentally obsessed people. I guess this is one of those "wait and see" situations. I won't pass judgement on it until it comes out and is tested by the automotive media. A lot too will depend on the price and styling. It is just too bad that Mitsubishi does not want to keep the iconic Evo brand alive more in keeping with its predecessors. A smaller, lighter platform with liberal aluminum usage and a direct injection 4B11T would see improved performance and fuel economy while not breaking the bank in development.

Quick Reply: "Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.