Notices
Discussion / Rumors The rumored Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution XI. .What have you heard? What do you think?

"Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2012 | 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gtr
Yeah, I was dissappointed also.
they mentioned before they'd pull out of a few car shows just to cut down costs... as long as that keeps them alive then I don't give a crap whether they stop going to all the shows for a few years... they already showed everything they were going to show us back in the Dec at Tokyo Auto Salon

They have their hands full working on next year's Outlander and Outlander Hybrid models, plus their new Mirage and full rollout of the i...

I heard recently they're going to probably continue releasing 2013 Lancer models (including Evo X) cause they see no new Lancer/Evo until 2014/15

The current lancer is on its 5th year... its time for change.

Oh and I saw all 2012 Lancers this weekend and the interior has soft touch everywhere... this means, and I pray it is so, that whatever new Lancers/Evos we get within the next few years might have upgraded/comfier interior
Old Jan 16, 2012 | 07:36 AM
EvoM Community Team

^--- I'm ok with the interior upgrade as long as it doesn't come with a hefty weight penalty. I'd take the current interior all day for lightness over comfort. But that's just me most likely

Also, the last generation lancer pretty much went on 5 years as well. They were unchanged (minus a bumper update) from 02-06.
Old Jan 16, 2012 | 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jazket
they mentioned before they'd pull out of a few car shows just to cut down costs... as long as that keeps them alive then I don't give a crap whether they stop going to all the shows for a few years... they already showed everything they were going to show us back in the Dec at Tokyo Auto Salon

They have their hands full working on next year's Outlander and Outlander Hybrid models, plus their new Mirage and full rollout of the i...

I heard recently they're going to probably continue releasing 2013 Lancer models (including Evo X) cause they see no new Lancer/Evo until 2014/15

The current lancer is on its 5th year... its time for change.

Oh and I saw all 2012 Lancers this weekend and the interior has soft touch everywhere... this means, and I pray it is so, that whatever new Lancers/Evos we get within the next few years might have upgraded/comfier interior
This might make sense. I read where Mitsubishi wants to kill off most of the current lineup sold in the US. This would mean a new Outlander crossover, new Outlander Sport and a new Lancer. One would assume platform sharing, much like Inifiniti. Infiniti is dragging out coming out with a new G series, the current one debuting in 2007. So, I can see Mitsubishi selling its current portfolio for another year and then come out with a totally revised lineup of cars focused on hybrid technology. http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/01...of-its-us.html
Old Jan 16, 2012 | 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

I am so glad I have my Evo 9 because that seems to be the last thing Mitsubishi wanted to give us before everything went downhill......
Old Jan 16, 2012 | 12:49 PM
EvoM Community Team

^--- yah because the X hasn't proven itself time and time again
Old Jan 16, 2012 | 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

^^^ Ditto
Old Jan 16, 2012 | 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Anarchy99
I am so glad I have my Evo 9 because that seems to be the last thing Mitsubishi wanted to give us before everything went downhill......
Just wow. Funny, but Honda guys said the same thing when the B series engines were phased out for the K series. B series guys, being the loyal lot that they are, see the K series as some kind of orphan when it comes to Hondas. Same thing goes for the Evo. While the 4G63 engine was awesome, it was long in the tooth, much like the Honda B series. To meet emissions' standards and facilitate easier engine production, the 4B11T was made. The main advantage of the 4G63 was its closed deck block. However, it was cast iron while the 4B11T is aluminum. Sleeving a 4B11T essentially makes it a closed deck engine. And, the Evo X has done quite well for itself in road racing and rallying. Why must you perpetuate this myth?
Old Jan 16, 2012 | 05:04 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

I wished I bought an Evo 9 MR since I prefer the six speed stick. I also love the 4G63 motor but hated the low end torque. I think they will all be great cars. The Evo 6.5, Evo 9, and soon the last Evo X. So people say the 2011+ has a boost in hp? The last of every evo platform seems to be quickest.
Old Jan 16, 2012 | 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

so glad i bought a ix. we shall see whats next im not gonna say anything negative yet.
Old Jan 16, 2012 | 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by migs647
^--- yah because the X hasn't proven itself time and time again
yeap same old story
Old Jan 16, 2012 | 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SamsonEvoX
Just wow. Funny, but Honda guys said the same thing when the B series engines were phased out for the K series. B series guys, being the loyal lot that they are, see the K series as some kind of orphan when it comes to Hondas. Same thing goes for the Evo. While the 4G63 engine was awesome, it was long in the tooth, much like the Honda B series. To meet emissions' standards and facilitate easier engine production, the 4B11T was made. The main advantage of the 4G63 was its closed deck block. However, it was cast iron while the 4B11T is aluminum. Sleeving a 4B11T essentially makes it a closed deck engine. And, the Evo X has done quite well for itself in road racing and rallying. Why must you perpetuate this myth?
LOL You do know that iron is better when it comes to turbocharged applications because it can withstand more heat right? It has a hire specific heat value than aluminum and thus why you see extreme tuners running the block up to 1800whp with insane boost levels.

Either way the Evo X is a pretty nifty car.
Old Jan 21, 2012 | 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boostfiend
LOL You do know that iron is better when it comes to turbocharged applications because it can withstand more heat right? It has a hire specific heat value than aluminum and thus why you see extreme tuners running the block up to 1800whp with insane boost levels.

Just so you know, aluminum has a higher specific heat than iron.
Old Jan 21, 2012 | 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boostfiend

I attribute that extreme power to the closed deck design, not cast iron. If that were the case, then why does Nelson Racing Engines get over 2,000 hp out of an all aluminum 454 LSX? Aluminum blocks are the norm today and can make equal or better power than cast iron blocks. Maybe you are too young to remember when Chevrolet introduced the ZL-1 427 that was used in Can Am racing. Lighter with more power. LOL indeed.

Read this to become a believer: http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/p..._454lsx_tt.pdf

Last edited by SamsonEvoX; Jan 21, 2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2012 | 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

lol.. after 4 years still people wondering around completely blind... lol

forums are priceless.. !
Old Jan 22, 2012 | 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

I have been smoking crack of course

Last edited by Anarchy99; Jan 22, 2012 at 02:49 PM.

Quick Reply: "Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.