Notices
Discussion / Rumors The rumored Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution XI. .What have you heard? What do you think?

"Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2012 | 03:45 PM

im with the guys that say the newer evos r a different car. i have a 9 and i love everything about it. when i looked at the new evos i was kind of disappointed. there slower heavier look just like the cheaper version of the car. if u look at other car makers (i don't like American car companies but i will say this) like ford there mustang has gotten better and better with every model. same with the corvette the newer the car the more power it has the faster it is the looks r better and if u look at the evo its kinda going backwards but that my two sense. and i will always have my evo 9.
Old Feb 23, 2012 | 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nwa7265
im with the guys that say the newer evos r a different car. i have a 9 and i love everything about it. when i looked at the new evos i was kind of disappointed. there slower heavier look just like the cheaper version of the car. if u look at other car makers (i don't like American car companies but i will say this) like ford there mustang has gotten better and better with every model. same with the corvette the newer the car the more power it has the faster it is the looks r better and if u look at the evo its kinda going backwards but that my two sense. and i will always have my evo 9.
I am not sure how much reading you have done including open minded people in this forum but this thread is about the next gen and hybrid tech can be a neat thing. look at f1. For the comparison between the older and the current models I am not sure where the new model is slower keeps coming from. Even the magazines show different unless you think street racing or drag racing counts for much. if i want straight line speed i am not going to buy a awd car.
Old Feb 23, 2012 | 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

so does this mean we still get one more year of buying the Evo 10?
Old Feb 24, 2012 | 03:54 AM

nice... i thought the evo line was dead glad to see it back.
Old Feb 24, 2012 | 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dangina
so does this mean we still get one more year of buying the Evo 10?
I heard this is the case... supposedly Mitsu's going to release a 2013 model year of the X and then wrap it up 'till 2014...

The new gen Outlander is coming out in about 5 months (starting with Russia... then Japan, then US)... so I'm willing to guess Mitsu has the drivetrain of the XI about done

*Hopes and Prays*
Old Feb 24, 2012 | 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nwa7265
Change happens bro. You need to move on some day. I think your opinion is your opinion, but to think the X is slower is pretty funny. It may be a tick slower in the quarter but will crush a 9 on the track. It stops faster and has better control through corners. It holds better on a skid pad also. If you like drag racing the IX is probably better at this point, but if you use the car for what it was designed for, track racing, there is no comparison. AYC Just makes the X far superior when it comes to handling.

And to think it looks cheaper than one of the cheapest looking $30k plus cars ever built is pretty funny also. The 8 and 9 are great in their own right, but don't defend your ownership like this. The 9 looks ancient compared to modern cars. It is a giant brick.

The X is a luxury barge compared to the IX. If you like it raw, the IX is for you. The X is more refined.
Old Feb 24, 2012 | 06:23 AM

Looks great!! I wana see the RA concept come back though
Old Feb 24, 2012 | 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

I forsee track cars tossing the hybrid parts for weight savings and really turning up the diesel, diesels make power so low in the rpms that the electric motor will only slow it down. From a mod stand point, however I can't belive that no one else has done the diesel hybrid yet, the first time I heard a bout a hybrid I just figured it would be a diesel becuase it makes the most sense, but no one has built one yet.
Old Feb 24, 2012 | 07:26 AM

Going to be a completely different style of modding the new EVO's, for sure! Still an interesting concept!
Old Feb 24, 2012 | 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by finalflash_17
Looks great!! I wana see the RA concept come back though
This.

They should have tried their luck at this new stuff with the Concept RA instead of the Evo; I really thought the RA was a done deal I was soooo ready to put in a deposit!

Old Feb 24, 2012 | 10:44 AM
EvoM Community Team

What would you guys think if they replaced the Eclipse with a 2 door Ralliart???
Old Feb 24, 2012 | 01:11 PM

I just picked up a 2012 mr and love this car , should be interesting to see the next gen, but coming from a company that does powertrain assembly id wait till they have the bugs out, just my opinion , when we build engine lines and axle lines there are at least 4 product changes before putting it into production vehicles and even then there are problems. just completed the chevy volt battery line and boy what a nightmare.
Old Feb 24, 2012 | 09:27 PM

Looking forward to see what it looks like..
Old Feb 25, 2012 | 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by migs647
What would you guys think if they replaced the Eclipse with a 2 door Ralliart???
I'd buy one over the Z I'm saving for. I like that idea over the new i coming out
Old Feb 26, 2012 | 01:40 PM

Diesel can be fun but seriously, why not offer a gasoline version as well??

Also why shelve the RA idea?

Quick Reply: "Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.