Notices
Discussion / Rumors The rumored Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution XI. .What have you heard? What do you think?

"Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2012 | 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jazket
That's the issue man but that usually gets solved with increased manufacturing and mass production

Back when the Playstation 3 first came out it was $600 a unit, and Sony was losing money in the sale. For months they lost money... then at one point they started to break even on the investment.

Now the PS3s sell brand new for $250 and Sony is making a profit on them. It was all a matter of increasing sales, which then increases production and lowers assembly and materials costs. Same will happen with the EV in a few years... people say that by 2020, but I believe it will be much sooner.

All we have to do is wait for the Electric Vehicles to take off.. It will take some time though
You aint kidding about the $600 PS3's. I still have mine from the original release back in 2007. And yes I paid $600 for it. But I have logged in countless hours on that thing between gaming and watching Bluerays. Even to this day I think it has an excellent blueray player.

The reason the original was so expensive was because of the quality and options. The original PS3 was very large but it was also durable. It has the built in fans which the new smaller ones do not. I believe they have an over heating problem according to people I know who have one. And the original is also fully backwards compatible. As I said, I have had mine for about 5 years. But I'm on my 3rd 360. My cousin is on his second newer PS3.

I agree that the price goes down with increased manufacturing and mass production. But alot of times when something is cheaper, there is a reason it is cheaper.
Old Apr 5, 2012 | 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kendogg
You aint kidding about the $600 PS3's. I still have mine from the original release back in 2007. And yes I paid $600 for it. But I have logged in countless hours on that thing between gaming and watching Bluerays. Even to this day I think it has an excellent blueray player.

The reason the original was so expensive was because of the quality and options. The original PS3 was very large but it was also durable. It has the built in fans which the new smaller ones do not. I believe they have an over heating problem according to people I know who have one. And the original is also fully backwards compatible. As I said, I have had mine for about 5 years. But I'm on my 3rd 360. My cousin is on his second newer PS3.

I agree that the price goes down with increased manufacturing and mass production. But alot of times when something is cheaper, there is a reason it is cheaper.
Yeap, I still have my 1st gen 60GB PS3 to the date, and yes also paid $600 for it lol... only had to replace the blu-ray lense once ($58 bucks from eBay) cause too much MW2 multiplayer burned it
Old Apr 8, 2012 | 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry I am not going to read through all of the pages. But can I ask wtf mitsu? BMW and even Now have 2.0 turbo four cylinders now that get good power and fuel economy. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my TDI Jetta. But I don't want a hybrid diesel performance anything. I like the idea of diesel just not at all hybrid. Is it seriously just the direct injection that nets BMW and Kia that good of mileage? Mitsubishi could do the same damn thing and bump the compression. I mean yes we are AWD and as of now BMW has not released the specs on the new 328xi with the four cylinder turbo and the Killed in Action is FWD.But I still think there is something else they could do besides this.
Old Apr 8, 2012 | 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

Maybe they should just give me a huge generator and make it super huge and put a 1500 up traction motor in it like I do on my rig and call it a day. I mean that pulls 750,000 pounds so just do it that way. Lol sorry that's my idea of a diesel hybrid that will make it fun to drive.
Old Apr 9, 2012 | 11:59 AM

Well, As long as Mitsubishi can come up with relatively the same performance and the last 3 evos and it continues to challenge cars that are more than twice its own price tag then ill still be happy, and if they are going hybrid, just make sure it doesnt look like a god damn prius lol.
Old Apr 15, 2012 | 05:09 AM

Not sure how i feel about the diesel/ hybrid. Combo... there should be 2 different kinds. Gas and diesel but drop the hybrid. Diesel gets better mpg then gas anyways
Old Apr 15, 2012 | 08:57 AM

I just wanted to mention the Mitsubishi reps at the NY Auto show were complete tool bags. I asked them about the next generation EVO and they said, " There is no next gen. This is it. Don't believe what you hear on the internet".

Then I proceeded to ask if they knew the President of Mitsubishi in Japan said there would be a next generation, and then they started to back track and say it's not an EVO...blah blah.

I was BY FAR, the most disappointed by Mitsubishi at this autoshow.

Out of the 15 or so cars they had there, two were EVOs and they weren't even MRs, no nav...etc.

What a disgrace. If they keep this crap up, I'm just going to get an M3 instead...
Old Apr 15, 2012 | 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

ZCHF, I know what you mean. Mitsubishi sales are really down. I mean REALLY down. We have 3 dealers where I live and two are going to stop selling Mitsubishis at their stores, which will leave us with one dealer in the entire state of Minnesota.

I really hate that corporate speak by people who either are being disingenuous, or are complete idiots and are clueless about what is going on. The Prez says one thing and the reps say another. The right hand does not know what the left is doing. Either they do not care or they are trying to put a spin on things to confuse us. In any case, Mitsubishi is not doing anything to want us to buy another Evo or 3 star product.
Old Apr 15, 2012 | 01:06 PM

Why wouldn't you want a better/economical high-performance car that churns out the same power as the current car? Yes the power delivery may be different but if they car performs on an qual playing field who cares if it's a hybrid or diesel. It's going to serve you better economically and give you the same amount of fun as it's traditional counterpart.

Quite confusing.
Old Apr 15, 2012 | 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by SamsonEvoX
ZCHF, I know what you mean. Mitsubishi sales are really down. I mean REALLY down. We have 3 dealers where I live and two are going to stop selling Mitsubishis at their stores, which will leave us with one dealer in the entire state of Minnesota.

I really hate that corporate speak by people who either are being disingenuous, or are complete idiots and are clueless about what is going on. The Prez says one thing and the reps say another. The right hand does not know what the left is doing. Either they do not care or they are trying to put a spin on things to confuse us. In any case, Mitsubishi is not doing anything to want us to buy another Evo or 3 star product.
Agreed. I mean, this auto show was supposed to be a pretty big deal and Mitsubishi literally had the worst display there. I mean Hyundai and Kia's displays were a million times better than theirs for petes sake.

I talked to numerous other reps (BMW, Subaru, Scion) about other equally hush hush topics (the M3's next generation engine, the potential for a turbo BRZ or FRS) and none were as moronic and misinformed as Mitsu.

I mean, was it really off limits to ask a question about their flagship car?
Old Apr 16, 2012 | 08:16 AM
EvoM Community Team

I'm still of the opinion that doesn't know 100% what they are going to do about the next gen evo. Months ago they were going to scrap it all together. They are probably scrambling to figure out what to do.

Yah, the NY auto show is decent size, but it isn't THE auto show of the world. IMO, is in a restructuring stage at this point. They don't need to waste money showing the same cars at car shows (much like how Apple stopped going to expos), unless it's somewhere to truly launch a new platform. Look for Tokyo motor show, 2013 for the next gen evo to be launched. Until then, it serves no purpose for , or any other manufacturer, to let their competitors know what they're coming out with.
Old Apr 16, 2012 | 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by migs647
I'm still of the opinion that doesn't know 100% what they are going to do about the next gen evo. Months ago they were going to scrap it all together. They are probably scrambling to figure out what to do.

Yah, the NY auto show is decent size, but it isn't THE auto show of the world. IMO, is in a restructuring stage at this point. They don't need to waste money showing the same cars at car shows (much like how Apple stopped going to expos), unless it's somewhere to truly launch a new platform. Look for Tokyo motor show, 2013 for the next gen evo to be launched. Until then, it serves no purpose for , or any other manufacturer, to let their competitors know what they're coming out with.
The same thing happened at D.C. car show only... there was no Mitsu booth. They also haven't had booths at other big city car shows. Mitsu's really not helping itself, in terms of brand awareness and marketing.

Really too bad. Lot of potential that was zapped in a matter of a decade.
Old Apr 19, 2012 | 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

I dont blame for what their doing. IMO it's very smart. Yes it sucks for us and I wish we could have more models like the IX but truth is there is a bigger market for families and people striving for more economical cars. Therefore by doing this to the evo they will probably increase their sales. Also I'm pretty sure the government has probably given them some under table payment to start fading more into the green market. (sort of like clash for clunkers but for big companies, just a theory)

Im not sure if someone has already addressed that but I didn't feel like reading every page . Just speaking my mind haha.
Old Apr 19, 2012 | 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Not sure about the diesel part. Gas/electric hybrid would be sweet though.. all that electric low end torque to make up for any turbo lag lol
Old Apr 22, 2012 | 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

I think it would be great for Mitsubishi to do a limited production run of 600 VIII's and 600 IX's with the good ol 4g63. It sucks to read about the evo going green. Its not an evo anymore then imo. Its just your average run of the road car!!!!

Quick Reply: "Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.