Notices
Discussion / Rumors The rumored Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution XI. .What have you heard? What do you think?

"Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2012 | 04:15 PM

please keep the evo alive
https://www.change.org/petitions/mit...-an-awd-4-door
Old May 15, 2012 | 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rip03tarmac
Signed.
Old May 15, 2012 | 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

Why is this a petition for the EVO XII? What about the XI?
Old May 15, 2012 | 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bremboy
Why is this a petition for the EVO XII? What about the XI?
The grammar in general left something to be desired but I figured what the heck, anything that shows our desire for the car gets my vote.

People already think we're some niche market with all 12 people still hanging on. We're under-represented in the mainstream. So I signed it. Maybe he can update it later.
Old May 15, 2012 | 05:57 PM

thanks for the sign acidtonic im not being sacrcastic feel free to help me edit as required
Old May 15, 2012 | 06:22 PM

btw I updated it with proper roman numeral for the 11i was thinking the year 2012 when i wrote x11
Old May 15, 2012 | 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

signed
Old May 21, 2012 | 10:27 PM
Evolving Member

I signed it, but yes, please fix the grammar. No one will take this seriously otherwise.
Old May 23, 2012 | 09:46 PM

working on the grammar let me know if its still jacked up
Old May 24, 2012 | 11:30 AM

Signed!
Old May 24, 2012 | 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Signed.!
Old May 24, 2012 | 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

eh, i signed it. definitely dont want anymore hybrid gayness
Old May 25, 2012 | 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

If I thought that this petition would have a snowball's chance in hell of affecting the corporate powers to be, I would. I do applaud the sincere effort to try and sway Mitsubishi away from a diesel hybrid to something more conventional.

However, I feel it almost comical to think that an online petition will change anything as the design has probably already been in place for several years. A lot will depend on the next Lancer platform. From what I have read, the next platform will be larger and heavier, not a good thing. The Evo is supposed to go upscale somewhat with more luxury, so performance may be mitigated by the added girth and avoirdupois.

If I were in a position to speak directly to the president of Mitsubishi and the engineers responsible for the Lancer/Evo, I would ask them to downsize the car to the dimensions of the Evo XIII/IX. I would keep weight at 3,200 pounds or less if possible. I would also continue using the 4B11T with upgrades such as direct injection so that power could be around 350 hp/300 ft. lbs. torque. I would try and target fuel economy for 20 city/30 highway. Heck, they could even couple this with electric motors for even better performance and fuel economy. Given the fact that Mitsubishi is a leader in composites, they could use them on the doors and fenders to reduce weight.

Mitsubishi needs a halo car and the Evo has been that. Mitsubishi should make use of the Evo brand like Subaru does with STi, Mercedes with AMG, BMW with M Power, Ford with SVT, Lexus with F Sport and Dodge with SRT. How about an Outlander Sport with at least a Ralliart drivetrain? Establish a separate line of performance oriented vehicles. The one thing about the Evo is that is has garnered respect from JDM enthusiasts, American muscle guys and even the German performance types. But alas, I dream...
Old May 25, 2012 | 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by SamsonEvoX
If I thought that this petition would have a snowball's chance in hell of affecting the corporate powers to be, I would. I do applaud the sincere effort to try and sway Mitsubishi away from a diesel hybrid to something more conventional.
I agree it is probably too late to effect the outcome of the Evo XI however there is power in number$ this combined with my assumption that the XI won't do well in the US market might make the outcome of the Evo XII worthy of holding the Evolution title. I also believe as you do there should be a Ralliart version equal to or greater than the AMG. If you don't agree with the petition that's 1 thing but please sign it out of hope for the future not just ours but my sons' generation

Last edited by rip03tarmac; May 25, 2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old May 25, 2012 | 09:24 PM

Please help me keep the evolution of the evo true to its form. A 4door awd with great power to weight and as we push toward being eco friendly we can still retain the power ... from and engine we can tune not a motor whooshing to the beat of its untunable drum.

https://www.change.org/petitions/mit...-an-awd-4-door

and this is the proposal ( If you like help me edit )

Build the Lancer Evolution XI as an awd 4 door...gasoline, diesel, or hydrogen powered turbo charged 4 cylinder with a curb weight not exceeding 3,500 lbs. producing hp and tq of no less than 280 at the crank with an average fuel consumption of no less than 25 mpg average.
It is important to me and many other auto enthusiasts to really enjoy our driving experiance. As a previous Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution owner I just feel let down when I see how bleek the future of Mitsubishi looks for car people. Mits. look around you!...The Mustang in 3.7l v6 trim comes with 300 hp and makes 31 mpg hwy with a curb weight of 3,523 lbs. Even the in JDM market your rival Subaru Impreza Wrx Sti is making an effort to the future of the rally car. Subaru has a few direct injection engines they are considering for the new Sti as well as they claim it will be lighter than the current design. I am petitioning, please do not go silently into the night.

Quick Reply: "Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.