Notices
Discussion / Rumors The rumored Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution XI. .What have you heard? What do you think?

"Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2012 | 10:38 AM

I've seen the numbers for both 9 and 10s. Even with AYC, the X is slower around a track than a 9.

But, that is not really what this thread is about.

I'll wait and see. I won't take an emaciated EVO hybrid if that is what is going to happen. Too many other cars in the corral to choose from. Nor will I take a lumbering fatty similar to the X.

Hybrids typically price higher with a significantly long time to recoup the extra price.

Again. We will see. BTW, all the people talking about how great diesel is. Diesel here is still 3.93 a gallon. That is 50 cents higher than 93 octane and almost a full dollar above E85.
Old Jun 24, 2012 | 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tandrus
I've seen the numbers for both 9 and 10s. Even with AYC, the X is slower around a track than a 9.But, that is not really what this thread is about.

I'll wait and see. I won't take an emaciated EVO hybrid if that is what is going to happen. Too many other cars in the corral to choose from. Nor will I take a lumbering fatty similar to the X.

Hybrids typically price higher with a significantly long time to recoup the extra price.

Again. We will see. BTW, all the people talking about how great diesel is. Diesel here is still 3.93 a gallon. That is 50 cents higher than 93 octane and almost a full dollar above E85.
stop talking BS and focus on the thread.
Old Jun 24, 2012 | 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
stop talking BS and focus on the thread.
Well said Rob. Why does Tandrus have to continue this harangue against the X? It is total BS and smacks of arrogance.
Old Jun 25, 2012 | 02:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jonthaynes
good

what were these pointing to?
Old Jun 25, 2012 | 10:04 AM

Sam and Rob.
Read the post. Read the whole post. Read the post and don't just focus on what you don't like.

The first part was in reference to an earlier post. The numbers, which you mention as BS, was from when a well known magazine (Motor Trend, I believe) compared the X to the IX.

The second paragraph, the part you quoted, but failed to read or highlight, was redirecting to what the thread is about. (Ie, but that is not really what this thread is about).

The last part was my opinion, key word, opinion, concerning the hybrid and what MY plans are.

I'm sorry if I got anyones panties in a wad.

Fact: hybrids are more expensive than their gas only contrparts.
Fact: hybrids are heavier
Fact: Diesel is more expensive in most places in US. And it definitely is here.
Fact: Referencing the camry, hybrid gets 4 mpg more than non-hybrid in highway miles. So, you pay ~4k more for 4mpg. Not exactly a good trade off for me.

Like I said, I am waiting to see. But,there are other cars in the corral that I am looking at if Mitsubishi releases a 4k lb lumbering beast with subpar numbers.
Old Jun 27, 2012 | 04:25 AM

Diesel - Hybrid WTF... If Mitsu does that and thinks that's the way to go then I'm all out, I'm not interested in Devolution so the X will be my last Evo.
Old Jun 27, 2012 | 04:49 AM

awefully wrong with this move. They had a great concept with the 4g63t in the 8 and 9 why now combined the two and keep the same motor, I love my power stroke but not in a Evo
Old Jun 27, 2012 | 04:53 AM
Evolved Member

Sam and Rob.
Read the post. Read the whole post. Read the post and don't just focus on what you don't like.

The first part was in reference to an earlier post. The numbers, which you mention as BS, was from when a well known magazine (Motor Trend, I believe) compared the X to the IX.

The second paragraph, the part you quoted, but failed to read or highlight, was redirecting to what the thread is about. (Ie, but that is not really what this thread is about).

The last part was my opinion, key word, opinion, concerning the hybrid and what MY plans are.

Fact: Referencing the camry, hybrid gets 4 mpg more than non-hybrid in highway miles. So, you pay ~4k more for 4mpg. Not exactly a good trade off for me.

Like I said, I am waiting to see. But,there are other cars in the corral that I am looking at if Mitsubishi releases a 4k lb lumbering beast with subpar numbers.
take it to the 8/9 vs 10 thread before it gets moved there anyway and you'll see hundreds of pages of arguments.. read the last 50-100 or so
Old Jun 27, 2012 | 04:54 AM
Evolved Member

;just for the haters as interesting fact. The new M5 series BMW has a new M5 diesel too.

numbers :

Each model comes equipped with an eight-speed automatic gearbox and standard xDrive AWD, allowing the M550d sedan to hit 60 mph in 4.6 seconds – just four tenths of a second off the all-new M5's 0-60 run. You read that right. The M550d Touring hits 60 in 4.9 seconds, with the X5 M50d and X6 M50d passing the mark in 5.4 and 5.3 seconds, respectively. All models are limited to 155 mph and fuel consumption ranges between 6.4 liters/100km and 7.7 liters/100km.
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/25/b...-m50d-x6-m50d/

so in short, soon you can get spanked with your precious evo, on high a way, from a mommy driven DIESEL, which uses half of the gas with a better straightline performance and a much heavier body then an evo....

so do not sleep on the diesel engines. Dont be closed minded, specially when you have an evo . LOL

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jun 27, 2012 at 04:58 AM.
Old Jun 27, 2012 | 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

Instead of arguing, why dont we just wait and see what they come up with? So far, its all stipulations of what the car might have.

Hell, Im excited to see what the hell Mitsubishi comes up with this time. Quite honeslty, when the X came out I wasnt thrilled about it, but it grew on me to the point that I like them now.

So there are two options, either you get a new EVO or you dont. Simple
Old Jun 27, 2012 | 08:03 AM

I agree. If we don't like the new EVO. We wont get one.

I love my EVO 8. I did not like the stock X, in looks or performance, so did not get it. I am hoping mitsubishi will make something i really like this time, but it seems they may be going about it the wrong way.

I'm curious how the new STI is going to turn out. 2.5 l firestone inject BRZ engine with possibly electric hybrid turbocharger. Might be worthy of a look.

The new shelby GT500 is quite impressive. Too bad it isnt awd, but you cant have every thing.

Boss 302 looks nice, minus the silly stripes. Lol.

In short. I love the evo and what it stands for, but i am not so short sighted that I base all decisions on a name. Hybrid technology might be the wave of the future, but its not where I would like it.
Old Jun 27, 2012 | 08:07 AM

Oh. And zero to 60 isn't the whole story. Qtr mile. Stopping distance. Skid pad. Slalom. Road track numbers.

I agree. M5 is nice. But, for a similar price, I'll take a GTR.
Old Jun 27, 2012 | 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

I've seen the numbers for both 9 and 10s. Even with AYC, the X is slower around a track than a 9.

But, that is not really what this thread is about.

Sam and Rob.

Dude, your comment, which is highlighted, shows your true colors and says it all. You can backpedal all you want, but you did call the X lumbering and fatty. Those were your words, not some magazines.
Old Jun 27, 2012 | 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Oh. And zero to 60 isn't the whole story. Qtr mile. Stopping distance. Skid pad. Slalom. Road track numbers.

I agree. M5 is nice. But, for a similar price, I'll take a GTR.
we are talking about engine in this moment and yes it is a whole story right now, specially if it needs to drag an almost 2 ton car .

Also we neither talking about price by the way. This numbers are with diesel engine in a 4 door sedan on the road today. Close to 28-30 mpg ... FYI

So to say the diesel doesnt have a performance , is not true anymore. SO how do you know what the Evo will bring to the table?

Lets wait , and see what happens.
Old Jun 27, 2012 | 08:34 PM

This is going to be an interesting wait. The silly back and forth with the evo 8/9 vs X is pretty entertaining though. Can't help but laugh at some of the pettiness...

Quick Reply: "Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.