Notices
Discussion / Rumors The rumored Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution XI. .What have you heard? What do you think?

"Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2013 | 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by korizmo
Was at my mitsubishi dealer yesterday. No mitsubishis on the lot....uhhh ohhhh
That's because thy sold them all! Right?
Old May 5, 2013 | 06:25 AM

Really EVO XI

Really an EVO XI this coming 2014 I can't wait to see how it be improved. ,but having a diesel hybrid engine not yet sure how it will be better ,but I'll have to wait and see since who knows what kind of engineering they will do with it. ,but I thought that the "X" was the last EVO are mitsu heads changing their minds again? .
Old May 5, 2013 | 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Is this a thread for new compact mitsus?

I sure hope they aren't planning to make a 160hp hatchback and trying to call it an evo, or even a diesel.
Old May 9, 2013 | 07:03 PM

spoke to a friend who recently did some work for Mitsu. things aren't looking good for the XI... this article puts it well http://www.gtchannel.com/blog/2015-m...evolution-back
Old May 10, 2013 | 09:53 PM

So, are we getting another Evo or what? At this point I'm confused as to what, or if we are receiving anything for this year, period.
Old May 12, 2013 | 08:56 AM

I just purchased a 2013 Evo GSR, and I know a few things. Me, my wife, my friend Marvin, and my mom have purchased six new Mitsubishis in the last 2 years. So I know them ( the guys at the Mitsu dealership). I own 7 Mitsubishis now. I would like to think I am a big fan of the company. Anyway, they told me a few things.

The new Outlander comes out as a 2014 model, I think. They have feminized it a bit. It is not very aggressive, to me it looks more passive. However, it might sell pretty well. When they showed it to me, I was pretty sure they're after the lady market.

The Pajero returns to our shores in possibly 2015. I had said that I heard it was going to be a diesel, and the dealer told me it will not be a diesel now. Hopefully, it will look pretty tough. Might still be called a Montero Ltd, I would not mind Shogun though.

I feel that we need to get a new president of Mitsubishi. When Mitsu was selling cars like crazy, they had 3000 GTs, AWD Eclipses, etc. We need to get Mitsu back as a performance line. That's my opinion.

Bring back the Starion as an FR-S fighter. Do something ! and of course, keep the Evo. Make it look even more like it wants to devour the hybrid sitting next to it.
Please don't feminize the line.

Make the next Evo even more vicious, like a starved honey badger that's been meth'ed up and poked with a sharp stick.
Old May 12, 2013 | 09:25 AM

I definitely agree that we need Mitsubishi to return to a performance line. Today, when someone hears of Mitsubishi they automatically refer to it as an "econo-box". This really pisses me off as we HAD such great cars like the Evo, GSX eclipses along with 3000gt's.
Old May 12, 2013 | 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Yup totally agree they need to listen to their consumers, a frs rival with the 4b11 out of the evo rwd would sell like hotcakes id buy one no question about that. Mitsu needs a new pres bad
Old May 12, 2013 | 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

the auto industry goes through trends, it seems as if the trend for powerful cars always hits just at the economy falls through a big hole.
Then there is the green trend which always wains as the government demands become old news.
Then there are the auto companies that don't last from trend to trend end. Or the ones who place their lot in a trend that doesn't last.

I know little about Mitsubishi and the part the auto segment plays in it or how much Japan is willing to make it an issue. But if there were ever a candidate for going Rambler or American Motors, or the many others< Mitsu is headed that way.

Its just an observation, not a belief value.
Old May 14, 2013 | 06:32 AM

cant wait
Old May 18, 2013 | 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nothere
Then there is the green trend which always wains as the government demands become old news.
The "green trend" only wanes when Republicans are in office. The CAFE standards also were not always a "green" issue. Initially, it had more to do with OPEC having a stranglehold on our lifeline, and that really hasn't changed. Now, however, CAFE standards are being pushed for environmental reasons as well, and I'm not sure that the U.S. car market is strong enough for any manufacturer to devote R&D an entire lineup of vehicles that they would only be able to sell in the United States.
Old May 19, 2013 | 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

I'll grant you your narrative, with the proviso it was not a green trend but a government induced trend (as they all are) to assuage the public with a do something/anything approach.

I don't want to argue the pros and cons of congressional actions, only say, the market is as actionable as nature. ie its not so much survival of the fittest but survival of the best fit for the environment. Its hard decoding what the environment is really like when regulations obscure the dangers.

In the end though your point is accurate.
Old May 20, 2013 | 08:05 PM

Or ... in order to keep to their Rally spirit, should create Colt Evo, just like WRC cars are Fiesta and DS3 now
Old May 24, 2013 | 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Chang_Wufei_05
spoke to a friend who recently did some work for Mitsu. things aren't looking good for the XI... this article puts it well http://www.gtchannel.com/blog/2015-m...evolution-back
seriously? that doesnt look good at all =/ looks like ill continue having fun with me 8
Old May 24, 2013 | 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Starion Pilot
I just purchased a 2013 Evo GSR, and I know a few things. Me, my wife, my friend Marvin, and my mom have purchased six new Mitsubishis in the last 2 years. So I know them ( the guys at the Mitsu dealership). I own 7 Mitsubishis now. I would like to think I am a big fan of the company. Anyway, they told me a few things.

The new Outlander comes out as a 2014 model, I think. They have feminized it a bit. It is not very aggressive, to me it looks more passive. However, it might sell pretty well. When they showed it to me, I was pretty sure they're after the lady market.

The Pajero returns to our shores in possibly 2015. I had said that I heard it was going to be a diesel, and the dealer told me it will not be a diesel now. Hopefully, it will look pretty tough. Might still be called a Montero Ltd, I would not mind Shogun though.

I feel that we need to get a new president of Mitsubishi. When Mitsu was selling cars like crazy, they had 3000 GTs, AWD Eclipses, etc. We need to get Mitsu back as a performance line. That's my opinion.

Bring back the Starion as an FR-S fighter. Do something ! and of course, keep the Evo. Make it look even more like it wants to devour the hybrid sitting next to it.
Please don't feminize the line.

Make the next Evo even more vicious, like a starved honey badger that's been meth'ed up and poked with a sharp stick.
YES! finally someone who agrees with me about bringing back the starion! they were lightweight turbocharged 4 cylinders that packed a punch!

Quick Reply: "Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.