Notices
Discussion / Rumors The rumored Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution XI. .What have you heard? What do you think?

"Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2011 | 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

From: Detroit metro area Michigan/Washington DC metro area
i just wish Mitsu would take a page out of nissans book, they seem to be the only "adventurous" and i use the term loosely, car company. providing niche cars like the GTR and still producing hippie friendly green cars like the Leaf.
Old Oct 24, 2011 | 10:31 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by samsonevox
david, we have to be honest. Those of us who love evos are a niche within a relatively small company [at least in comparison to toyota, honda, gm, ford and volkswagen]. Mitsubishi seems to be following the lead at honda, which has pretty much eliminated the higher performing cars. The s2000 is gone and the new civic si is not an improvment over the previous one. [i know, i had one].

Mitsubishi has caught the "green" virus, one of blue skies, bluebirds singing, daisys in the field, perfumed flowers, little girls in sun dresses and rainbows everywhere. They are going to protect us from ourselves. Theirs is a world built on utopian promises. People who love performance are like the dinosaurs to them. We are an endangered species it would seem.

So all of us with current evos need to keep them running as long as we can. You hear people say, "smoke them while you can". Well, we need to "drive them while we can".
very well said !!!
Old Oct 24, 2011 | 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

I agree with so many statements on this thread. I think it's ****ed up that mitsubishi doesn't care or listen to the customer. And it reflects on customer service and warranty issues.
Old Oct 24, 2011 | 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

I find it funny how it's mostly the guys with IXs who are complaining. And in terms of "evolution," the EVO line evolved the least from VIII to IX, imo. 1/2 MIVEC, change the front facia, replace carbon fiber spoiler with plastic, call it a day.

Going from what was, a couple of months ago, a dead product line to proposing a complete redesign (albiet three years away) is a huge leap. The idea of having better acceleration, better torque, and better fuel efficiency is mighty tempting.
Old Oct 24, 2011 | 08:02 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by Ladogaboy
I find it funny how it's mostly the guys with IXs who are complaining. And in terms of "evolution," the EVO line evolved the least from VIII to IX, imo. 1/2 MIVEC, change the front facia, replace carbon fiber spoiler with plastic, call it a day.

Going from what was, a couple of months ago, a dead product line to proposing a complete redesign (albiet three years away) is a huge leap. The idea of having better acceleration, better torque, and better fuel efficiency is mighty tempting.
+1000. Some people get stuck behind the times. If everyone didn't have an open mind, we'd be driving those horseless carriages still ;p
Old Oct 24, 2011 | 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

i dont think that is as much the point as mitsubishi is pushing a general consumer product on a niche consumer product.. analogous to the government giving us what they want instead of waht the people want..

i don't care, i have my ix already lol. there's a reason this late 90s early 00s era of jdm sports cars are so successful and "legendary".. it's not their hybrid drivetrains lol
Old Oct 24, 2011 | 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kyoo
i dont think that is as much the point as mitsubishi is pushing a general consumer product on a niche consumer product.. analogous to the government giving us what they want instead of waht the people want..

i don't care, i have my ix already lol. there's a reason this late 90s early 00s era of jdm sports cars are so successful and "legendary".. it's not their hybrid drivetrains lol
The car hasn't even been released yet and there are so many pre-judgments popping up.

I will track every negative comment on this thread and check on that person's vehicle status 3 years from now. Even some Evo X haters eventually made the purchase.

Hating on something you haven't even seen or driven is almost synonymous with retardation.
Old Oct 24, 2011 | 09:10 PM

If someone ever did a turbo diesel AWD sports car, I would be the first on the list to get it. I wished America was big on Diesel like they are here in Europe.

Last edited by tougeFZ; Oct 24, 2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2011 | 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tougeFZ
If someone ever did a turbo diesel AWD sports car, I would be the first on the list to get it. I wished America was big on Diesel like they are here in Europe. My boss drives a turbo 4wd 5 speed diesel ford ranger and it is bad *** truck.
Shhh, you'll **** off the good ole' boys in America.
Old Oct 24, 2011 | 10:04 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fittest

I will track every negative comment on this thread and check on that person's vehicle status 3 years from now. Even some Evo X haters eventually made the purchase.
Go back 3 years and see what I said about the X upon its release, its position in the marketplace, and how well it will do with its target audience. Now compare it to what actually happened.

Originally Posted by kyoo
i dont think that is as much the point as mitsubishi is pushing a general consumer product on a niche consumer product...
Agreed.

I can kinda see Mitsu's thinking. They want to be an alternative company; they're introducing the electric car with supposedly plans for others of similar ilk. They may be thinking a hybrid Evo XI with somewhat impressive performance can serve as every other Evo - their corporate halo. So far, so good. The question is, who will buy the thing? The environmentalists won't buy it, because it doesn't go far enough. The performance crowd won't buy it, because it's a hybrid. The ricers won't buy it, because it'll have even less street cred than the X. Lose-lose. Then, there are the alternatives.

Last edited by FJF; Oct 24, 2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2011 | 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

yep, mitsu is not going to give the evo an 8cyl or 12cylinder engine like the leman's cars. If they put a v-6 turbodiesel 400hp then that would be a very good replacement for the current model
Old Oct 24, 2011 | 10:58 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Lol, this reminds me of Top Gear's Hammerhead-i Eagle Thrust.. an electric car, powered by a diesel generator.

Dunno.. It'd be kinda interesting if this turns out to be a torque-monster. And even more interesting if they can add in user control of the drivetrain.. with electric motors at all four wheels, have it so the user could switch from all-wheel drive to rear-wheel drive, and a setting for the computer to sort it out as needed.

Whatever they come up with, it really needs to out-perform all previous generations in power, handling, 0-60, 1/4-mile, top speed, etc.. and the average, or hopefully above-average fuel economy would just be a long overdue bonus.

And if it's gonna be priced any higher than the current X line-up, which it probably will be.. it would be damn nice of them to lux it up accordingly. I'm not asking for a bespoke Bentley.. just a little less econobox =)

Just my 2-cents, of course.
Old Oct 25, 2011 | 12:24 AM

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11110243...alone-models--
this is why they will make a great car- a niche car , as i said before this new wrx/sti will be powered by a 1.6 turbo gasoline engine developed vith coswort and ford-300hp- but will have some 200 -250 kg less than actual model... so mitsi will folow this line that is whi they rethink the whole concept instead of refining present one which is heavy and a compromise because of chrysler hyunday comon developement
Old Oct 25, 2011 | 01:00 AM

yes mpg is great but mitsubishi have 4,5,6,7,8 ? other models to tamper with mpg ,electric motors, hybrids ,why mess with the best . have been saying that for while now ,and strongly belive that that mitsubishi got PAYED to tame the BEAST.
Old Oct 25, 2011 | 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by migs647
+1000. Some people get stuck behind the times. If everyone didn't have an open mind, we'd be driving those horseless carriages still ;p
yeah damn those guys still running that outdated "rwd" thing and pushrod v8s that are "naturally aspirated".... get with the times and damn anyone who wants that sort of thing

Quick Reply: "Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.