Notices
Discussion / Rumors The rumored Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution XI. .What have you heard? What do you think?

"Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2014 | 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

Do you guys think Mitsu's next performance car (which allegedly is well into development phase) will still carry the evolution name?
Old Mar 31, 2014 | 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Prime12
Do you guys think Mitsu's next performance car (which allegedly is well into development phase) will still carry the evolution name?
The next model will definitely be an evolution to the lancer line....

So I think it deserves the name
Old Mar 31, 2014 | 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR. EVO MR
So those 40 special EVO's they just made for the UK mean the end of the EVO's?

I thought it was a good sign of better things to come????
I just figured it was to close out the X. Not necessarily the end of the Evo.
Old Mar 31, 2014 | 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dave..id
The next model will definitely be an evolution to the lancer line....

So I think it deserves the name
Well, the next lancer is supposed to be made with Renault, while the "Evo" will be just a Mitsu baby. Not really clear if they would still use the Mitsu/Renault platform for the next Evo. So nothing is really 100%.
Old Mar 31, 2014 | 09:39 AM

The EVO X should of been called EVOLVED
Old Mar 31, 2014 | 10:03 AM

This makes me sad... For as long as I've been a Subaru fan I've always wanted to make the jump into an EVO (even though cost is too high for me financially) and for them to drop the only competition Subaru really had saddens me.
Old Mar 31, 2014 | 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by ugakirk
Well, the next lancer is supposed to be made with Renault, while the "Evo" will be just a Mitsu baby. Not really clear if they would still use the Mitsu/Renault platform for the next Evo. So nothing is really 100%.
evolution is still evolution..... they take a little lancer and change the motor, drivetrain, wheels, brakes, suspension, body and make the current and previous evo's....... having a different chassis in the next gen just means it even more evolved than its little brethren

regarding the renault chassis... its still a very good chassis. They make some very nimble and well balanced performance cars
Old Mar 31, 2014 | 10:32 AM

Certainly is a sad day =/ I will add an evo to my collection, I just haven't decided either a used IX or a new X.

I think the new Renault/Mitsu should not use the Lancer name all together. Bring it back at a later date when they are able to also bring the Evolution name back...
Old Mar 31, 2014 | 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by sblvro
Timing is everything! Just when everybody is converting to 4 cylinder turbo? Mitsubishi drops the bucket and cancels the Evo? Porsche is converting to 4 cylinder turbo, the évoque and other cars all are downgrading to 4 cylinder turbos. Now is the time for the 4B11T to shine
No kidding man! This is supposed to be mitsubishi's strong point! They have had GSX's almost 25 years ago getting 28mpg highway

It's mind boggling that Mitsubishi has failed to advance to high mpg but still turbo charged. I know people that have tuned their v6's 6g72's SOHC to AVERAGE 30mpg..

It's not out of reach but it's too late now. They have already lost their clientele. I will always be a guy, but they are not even trying at this point... So sad.
Old Mar 31, 2014 | 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

I'm still scratching my head as to why Mitsu didn't bother to increase the stock horsepower even after the 280hp agreement thing died out.

Couldn't they give the car 350+ hp if they wanted to? It's kind of sad seeing cars that weren't even comparable to the evo 10 years ago are now touting more hp and is faster at least in a straight line.
Old Mar 31, 2014 | 02:18 PM

I'm still scratching my head as to why Mitsu didn't bother to increase the stock horsepower even after the 280hp agreement thing died out.

Couldn't they give the car 350+ hp if they wanted to? It's kind of sad seeing cars that weren't even comparable to the evo 10 years ago are now touting more hp and is faster at least in a straight line.
its because the evo has never been a drag racer.... its not a big power rear wheel drive car it's a freaking rally car

the evo line has provided better power through out the years but most importantly it has greatly improved on how the car handles, straight line speed doesn't cut it, its how fast you can corner

and with a couple bolt ons and a good tune you're at 350 whp
Old Mar 31, 2014 | 04:43 PM
Former Sponsor

News of the next gen leaked today:

http://rawevo.com/evo-x/news/officia...etails-leaked/
Old Apr 1, 2014 | 03:19 AM
Evolving Member

It's probably some sort of April fools joke don't be so gullible guys they said earlier this year that they wouldn't kill the evo so why would they randomly do it now on April first
Old Apr 1, 2014 | 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by spam2012
The EVO X should of been called EVOLVED
Old Apr 1, 2014 | 09:02 PM

The Mitsubishi Evo is Dead

By: Hans Greimel, Automotive News on 3/31/2014

"As Mitsubishi shifts its global lineup toward utility vehicles and electrified cars, it will pull the plug on the Lancer Evolution at the end of the nameplate's current generation."

Read more: LINK

Quick Reply: "Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.