Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

time for 1/8 and 1/4 mile trap speed - miles per hour / mph

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2005, 01:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think you're runnning any richer than any other stock evo. I think that your probably running crappy gas and getting timing pulled like what silverEVO mentioned.

Do you feel a hesitation (like someone slightly tapped the brake for a split second) and then it pulls again when going WOT in 4th gear?... If so, and I believe this to be your problem than it's from crappy gas.

Because this happens to me when I get a batch of crappy gas. I live in HI too, and although it may say 92 octane (avoid Chevron) not all gas stations have the same quality of gas. When I get a bad batch I usually put a couple gallons of 100 octane in and it cures this.

Try to run a couple of gallons of 100 octane before you go to the track again. Also humidity will kill your power too. The first time I went to the track it was very humid and my traps were 92-94mph also.

Hope this helps and good luck at the track.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
y not CHEVRON????????????????
Old Jan 24, 2005, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Posted by: EVIL MR [BOLD]y not CHEVRON????????????????[/BOLD]
Because their gas is very inconsistent. IMO
Old Jan 24, 2005, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

will where should i go
Old Jan 24, 2005, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

It depends on where you live, and what gas stations are available to you. Also the quality of gas can vary from station to station even though they are the same brand.

You'll just have to experiment with what brand gas works best for your car and also which gas stations are the most consistent.

I usually use 76 or shell, and again only from certain stations that to me, seem to make the smoothest power for my car. Hope that helps.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 09:43 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
75 miles an hour is way too low, even for a stocker.

i've ran consistently in stock, 88 miles + on 1/8 mile. it's just that i think my 4th gear speed suckx.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

what are you talking about??????????
Originally Posted by plokivos

i've ran consistently in stock, 88 miles + on 1/8 mile. it's just that i think my 4th gear speed suckx.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3K
I don't think you're runnning any richer than any other stock evo. I think that your probably running crappy gas and getting timing pulled like what silverEVO mentioned.

Do you feel a hesitation (like someone slightly tapped the brake for a split second) and then it pulls again when going WOT in 4th gear?... If so, and I believe this to be your problem than it's from crappy gas.

Because this happens to me when I get a batch of crappy gas. I live in HI too, and although it may say 92 octane (avoid Chevron) not all gas stations have the same quality of gas. When I get a bad batch I usually put a couple gallons of 100 octane in and it cures this.

Try to run a couple of gallons of 100 octane before you go to the track again. Also humidity will kill your power too. The first time I went to the track it was very humid and my traps were 92-94mph also.

Hope this helps and good luck at the track.
i have tried adding 100 octane at different mixtures and come up with better overall times, but not 1/4 mile speed. 95 mph is the max. low 14.2 is the best i can do stock with this knocker
Old Feb 3, 2005, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by plokivos

my car is a lemon. i think it was abused from the dealership. not properly broke in before they got on her.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by burningmoney97
my car is a lemon. i think it was abused from the dealership. not properly broke in before they got on her.
You might want to look into the boost. Perhaps the car is not making enough boost or not holding the boost. That would explain the low performance. Do you have a boost gauge? If not, you need one for sure. After you get the boost gauge, you can install a cheap MBC and set it to 19 p.s.i. I bet your numbers will go up. You might be able to run 20 or slightly p.s.i. too. Anyways, good luck in sorting out your car.
Old Feb 4, 2005, 01:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silverEVO8
You might want to look into the boost. Perhaps the car is not making enough boost or not holding the boost. That would explain the low performance. Do you have a boost gauge? If not, you need one for sure. After you get the boost gauge, you can install a cheap MBC and set it to 19 p.s.i. I bet your numbers will go up. You might be able to run 20 or slightly p.s.i. too. Anyways, good luck in sorting out your car.
i have a boost gauge and mbc set at different levels. the only answer to this problem is to sell this lemon...
Old Feb 5, 2005, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Whoa, no need to go to that extreme. Just get some mods for your car. After I got just a cat-back for my car I gained 5mph in my traps. Also I wouldn't mess with a MBC if you don't have any way of controlling the A/F ratios. Good Luck and start modding.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3K
Whoa, no need to go to that extreme. Just get some mods for your car. After I got just a cat-back for my car I gained 5mph in my traps. Also I wouldn't mess with a MBC if you don't have any way of controlling the A/F ratios. Good Luck and start modding.
have an intake a full turbo back exhaust system. faster in the 1/8 mph , but not in the quarter mile. 95 is the max mph i can squeeze- shes a lemon that i need to dump cause its frustrating me
Old Feb 6, 2005, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

thanks for the help though. its just this car has some serious internal problems
Old Feb 6, 2005, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by burningmoney97
thanks for the help though. its just this car has some serious internal problems
Have you had a compression test? Also, have you had it on a dyno? I know that a good tuner with a dyno can prolly straighten out the car unless it has serious mechanical problems.

Quick Reply: time for 1/8 and 1/4 mile trap speed - miles per hour / mph