Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Nearly stock 2005 Evo Drag Times...Disappointed (No 13.4's like in the Mags)

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2005, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
try it with your stock advans.
Old May 19, 2005, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not to jack the thread, but I just don't understand why people get a BOV for there 1st or 2nd mod. I just don't get it. But i will second what some other folks are saying about getting tuned/flashed for the HKS RS. i think that will make a huge difference as well as removing the rev limiter.
Old May 19, 2005, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nefblkevo
Not to jack the thread, but I just don't understand why people get a BOV for there 1st or 2nd mod. I just don't get it. But i will second what some other folks are saying about getting tuned/flashed for the HKS RS. i think that will make a huge difference as well as removing the rev limiter.
They do it for one reason: sound (aka rice).
Old May 20, 2005, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
They do it for one reason: sound (aka rice).
Well gee thanks for bashing me dude...BTW it has the single spring mod done...so no (RICE) sound, just a whoosh

also i am getting an XEDE piggy back ECU here pretty soon...so just have that tuned for the intake and BOV and i should be good??
Old May 20, 2005, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by alan678
Well gee thanks for bashing me dude...BTW it has the single spring mod done...so no (RICE) sound, just a whoosh

also i am getting an XEDE piggy back ECU here pretty soon...so just have that tuned for the intake and BOV and i should be good??
Sorry, I wasn't bashing you, I was just answering his question. I didn't realize (or had forgotten) that you only had intake and BOV. I'm not sure how the single-spring mod makes it not rice...the whoosh is all you are getting from it, because you definitely don't need it to hold stock boost levels. Why did you get it if not for the sound? If not for sound, then you would have gotten the JDM MR BOV that sounds like stock but that holds boost wonderfully.

And the intake was no help...all it did was make you run poorly, when you could have done a K&N drop-in for $70 with no loss in power or need for a Xede.

All that being said, with the Xede, you should be fine, but if you add up the cost of these 3 mods, you could have had an MBC w/gauge, TBE, K&N, and flash...that's good for 300whp and low 12s.