Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

DSM shootout was a blast (damn rain)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2005, 08:29 AM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DSM shootout was a blast (damn rain)

my first run was 11.34 at 125 something with 1.77 60ft i think it was
then it rained for a few hours then it took them a hour or more to dry it....right when i got up to the lights to race the pruven evo it started raininng hard again....more waiting.
Hours later it finally stopped and by then we had to get all the cars out for them to dry everything and we had to dry our cars off...then i raced PURE motorsports evo i think it was....had a nice manifold and turbo setup and race gas and so on ( i was on pump gas 94 oct and meth) we were pretty close ( i remember that my 60ft was a aweful 1.9 something from spin) and i ran a 11.5 at 127mph to their 11 something at 120 ish mph (i gained over 31mph in the back 8th) . The final run i was in the semi finals against AL (dynoflash) and as he had said "poor evodave bringing a pee shooter to a gun fight"..... luckly i was only coming to have fun and compete against myself and i really wanted to mainly hit a 10 second run or 128mph trap speed with my setup ( 94 oct w/ meth , gt35r , aem ems , stock intake manifold, stock throttle body, stock motor and head except cams and headbolts) before i yanked the motor for rebuild. Anyway i got too hyped up and missed second gear... AL had great first 8th speed (105mph) and i miss was well below my 97 ish mph average . The back half he only gained like 28-29mph (something must have been amiss) and i gained over 30mph the back eighth... I may go to the track tomorrow to try to get a few good runs and finally get the 10s i SO desire...haha.

Either way i wanted to really thank Matt from slickmotorsports for all the hard work and amazing products (ie. turbo kit, exhaust, intercooler setup, intake system and much more) / Tym , eric , matt from switzer performance for the great tuning (558awhp on 94 oct w/meth) / Dave B. for the great event and hospitality and my alky/meth. kit / Greg at GSC for the badass cams / 42 draft designs for the awesome gauges / JUN BL for the amazing TI muffler setup / Dan at Vivid racing for the great agency power short shifter which is a life saver lately and the awesome fuel rail setup / boostcontroller.com for the amazing hallman in-cockpit boost controller / and lastly thanks so much to Matt G. and Bernie at EXEDY for the amazing triple disc clutch that kicks *** and allows for amazing shifts (when i remember not to rush it and no lift shift like i have setup now from switzer...(which btw works sweet)
Old Aug 15, 2005, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

great job, the 10s will be there soon enough.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by evodave
my first run was 11.34 at 125 something with 1.77 60ft i think it was
then it rained for a few hours then it took them a hour or more to dry it....right when i got up to the lights to race the pruven evo it started raininng hard again....more waiting.
Hours later it finally stopped and by then we had to get all the cars out for them to dry everything and we had to dry our cars off...then i raced PURE motorsports evo i think it was....had a nice manifold and turbo setup and race gas and so on ( i was on pump gas 94 oct and meth) we were pretty close ( i remember that my 60ft was a aweful 1.9 something from spin) and i ran a 11.5 at 127mph to their 11 something at 120 ish mph (i gained over 31mph in the back 8th) . The final run i was in the semi finals against AL (dynoflash) and as he had said "poor evodave bringing a pee shooter to a gun fight"..... luckly i was only coming to have fun and compete against myself and i really wanted to mainly hit a 10 second run or 128mph trap speed with my setup ( 94 oct w/ meth , gt35r , aem ems , stock intake manifold, stock throttle body, stock motor and head except cams and headbolts) before i yanked the motor for rebuild. Anyway i got too hyped up and missed second gear... AL had great first 8th speed (105mph) and i miss was well below my 97 ish mph average . The back half he only gained like 28-29mph (something must have been amiss) and i gained over 30mph the back eighth... I may go to the track tomorrow to try to get a few good runs and finally get the 10s i SO desire...haha.

Either way i wanted to really thank Matt from slickmotorsports for all the hard work and amazing products (ie. turbo kit, exhaust, intercooler setup, intake system and much more) / Tym , eric , matt from switzer performance for the great tuning (558awhp on 94 oct w/meth) / Dave B. for the great event and hospitality and my alky/meth. kit / Greg at GSC for the badass cams / 42 draft designs for the awesome gauges / JUN BL for the amazing TI muffler setup / Dan at Vivid racing for the great agency power short shifter which is a life saver lately and the awesome fuel rail setup / boostcontroller.com for the amazing hallman in-cockpit boost controller / and lastly thanks so much to Matt G. and Bernie at EXEDY for the amazing triple disc clutch that kicks *** and allows for amazing shifts (when i remember not to rush it and no lift shift like i have setup now from switzer...(which btw works sweet)

I also got the JUN BL Ti muffler from Tym at SPI, great sound, flow and low weight! Big thanks to Jeff at his shop for a clean install with the V-band clamp at the DP.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 09:48 AM
Account Disabled

yeah its a really nice setup for sure! Sucks what happend curt! I was looking for you to drive my car....lol. Its sad when i have the setup i want and can't get traction or drive well and trap 127 ( i know a 1.9 60ft hurts a lot) so i ended up with a 11.5 at 127. If you woulda drove it and ran at least a low 1.6 like we get sometimes i can't see it not being a 10 second run at 128 mph don't ya think...
Old Aug 15, 2005, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

yeah its a really nice setup for sure! Sucks what happend curt! I was looking for you to drive my car....lol. Its sad when i have the setup i want and can't get traction or drive well and trap 127 ( i know a 1.9 60ft hurts a lot) so i ended up with a 11.5 at 127. If you woulda drove it and ran at least a low 1.6 like we get sometimes i can't see it not being a 10 second run at 128 mph don't ya think...

Yeah traction was real bad, I spun all through first and halfway though second. Wait for a cool night and you will get your 10.xx@128.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 10:12 AM
Account Disabled

i sure hope so. It would be nice to have you run a 10.7 at 129 for me but i think a 10.99 at 128mph would be more satisfying for me in the end....haha
Old Aug 15, 2005, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

I think this is just an incredible display of the strength of our motors in stock form. Here evodave is making 550awhp while reving to 8400rpm on a freaking stock motor with MULTIPLE passes down the 1/4 and she is still chugging along.

Last edited by 1.8t; Aug 15, 2005 at 04:04 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lets cross our fingers and hope it stays that way. i dont plan on beefing up the motor until the winter.

Last edited by TrinaBabe; Aug 15, 2005 at 04:11 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 04:12 PM
Account Disabled

hahaa.....actually i have the ignition rev limiter set at 8300 and the fuel cut rev. at 8500 now and have as of yesterday...i have been running 28 psi daily even in the heat and humidity and 30psi sometimes like yesterday...i am NOT NICE to this car and its been great. So great that i am worried about even touching it. The damn thing runs and drives like stock....honestly. I have ran about 8 11.3's and trapped between 125.5 and 127.5 mph about 6-10 times now... honestly i am amazed. My car isn't that light since i have the cage and stuff....to have my car on 94 octane trap 127mph makes me SO happy . I feel confident that there is very few if any cars on the road that on 94 octane can match that power and speed....methonal or not!
Old Aug 15, 2005, 04:13 PM
Account Disabled

don't forget i also am on a single $80 255 pump with 880 injectors. Stock ignition with one step colder plugs, stock intake manifold, stock throttle body and only cams and headbolts in the motor.... can we say time bomb?? or is it?
Old Aug 15, 2005, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

don't forget i also am on a single $80 255 pump with 880 injectors. Stock ignition with one step colder plugs, stock intake manifold, stock throttle body and only cams and headbolts in the motor.... can we say time bomb?? or is it?

You will run out of fuel, I ran out at about 140mph on one pump and 1000cc injectors, your on pump gas and should be damn close. For a clean and easy install I recommend AMS's 1200hp kit, jack up the base presure to 43psi and you will be set forever.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 04:36 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by CBRE
You will run out of fuel, I ran out at about 140mph on one pump and 1000cc injectors, your on pump gas and should be damn close. For a clean and easy install I recommend AMS's 1200hp kit, jack up the base presure to 43psi and you will be set forever.

Curt,
As soon as we run a 10 second run or trap 128mph i am building the motor , doing switzer COP setup ignition, modifying the stock intake manifold and throttle body and by then the insane Slickmotorsports billet 2 X 255lph intank fuel setup will be finished and i will have more then enough fuel....
Old Aug 18, 2005, 08:23 AM
Account Disabled

didn't get to the track tuesday ....had too many lights to do...next tuesday can't come quick enough.