Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

12.18 @ 112.8 with vid - minimal mods including stock cat!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2005, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DragNRacing
I do think a really low ET with less mph is a sign of good driving and also a sign of bumping off the rev limiter too I do disagree that losing a few miles an hour at the very end of the quarter mile would make "a LOT" of difference though comparing our two time slips at the 1/8 and 1000. If it would have been 3mph at the 1/8 or even earlier, I would agree with you more.
Exactly right, but dumbass doesn't even understand these nuances. He's making blanket statements based on the mods/timeslips, yet can't see a difference in 12.22 at 109.19 and 12.18 at 112.8. I am hitting the rev limiter, yes, so it's not the same as some guy who maxes out at 109, but at the same time, it's halting my progress in the last 100 feet or so. On that 109 run, I actually got up to 110, then slowed down after hitting the rev limiter for so long, so I'm quite sure I'd have beaten 12.22 by a measurable amount had I been able to continue accelerating to 112 or so.

Yeah, a better comparison is the 1/8th-mile:

With the cat-back setup, I hit 7.80 at 88.7, so I had half a mph more, but was 5/100th slower. This is due to my being on the stock clutch and achieving that 7.80 on a 1.75 60', as opposed to your 1.68. Since I was even faster at the 1/8th, one would venture to guess that I would at least match your mph in the 1/4 if I could rev that far. Of course, that is if my tuning at the top of 4th is sufficient, but in that 7.80 run, my timing was advancing beautifully and peaking at 22 by 7500, so I think that aspect would have been fine.

With the TBE, I did get down to a 7.74 and 7.75 with 1.70 and 1.75 60's respectively, but still at 88.7-88.8. The funny thing is that on the only run with race gas on a cold night (60 degrees) earlier in the summer, I somehow hit 89.52mph in the 1/8th, but it was on a clutch-burning 1.79 60', so my 1/8th was only 7.90, and the 1/4 was only 12.34. At the time, I was extremely happy with a 12.34 at 110.7 on the cat-back, but that was before I went out and hit 12.22 the next day in 80 degree weather. Too bad I didn't get 4-5 tries in that cool weather, but this past Friday was supposed to be almost as cool. Well, it was cool by 9pm, but I seriously can no longer shift full speed with the ACT while on the drag strip...
Old Sep 3, 2005, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I didn't mind the initial purchase and subsequent payments, but I prefer to spend as little as possible. Maybe when I sell this crappy house for twice what I owe next month, I'll have some cash to throw at an Exedy Twin and mail-in flash...
I thought you had just got an ACT?
Old Sep 3, 2005, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

I thought you had just got an ACT?
Read my last post and then read your damn PMs!! The ACT worked 2 weeks ago when I hit the 12.15, but as of Friday, it no longer works. In fact, I won't be able to drag race again until I get a real clutch, unless my makeshift remedies actually work, but that could just help my synchros wear out faster from what I hear...
Old Sep 3, 2005, 11:34 PM
Evolved Member

Read my last post and then read your damn PMs!! The ACT worked 2 weeks ago when I hit the 12.15, but as of Friday, it no longer works. In fact, I won't be able to drag race again until I get a real clutch, unless my makeshift remedies actually work, but that could just help my synchros wear out faster from what I hear...
I didn't see your post before the question about the ACT. Must be the heat stroke and what are PM's? Sorry to hear it is that bad. I switched from the ACT in my Eclipse to a Clutch Masters and dropped .1 on my best 60' with nothing else changed. My friend put the ACT in his car during that time as his RPS went out. He later bought my Clutch Masters when I got the EVO. He also dropped .08 seconds between his best 60's with the Clutch Masters. I could not no lift shift with my ACT either without grinding. Put in the Clutch Masters and no grind. The Exede grabs like my Clutch Masters did and shifts are even better. Exede + MR 6spd = butter
Old Sep 3, 2005, 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

I didn't see your post before the question about the ACT. Must be the heat stroke and what are PM's? Sorry to hear it is that bad. I switched from the ACT in my Eclipse to a Clutch Masters and dropped .1 on my best 60' with nothing else changed. My friend put the ACT in his car during that time as his RPS went out. He later bought my Clutch Masters when I got the EVO. He also dropped .08 seconds between his best 60's with the Clutch Masters. I could not no lift shift with my ACT either without grinding. Put in the Clutch Masters and no grind. The Exede grabs like my Clutch Masters did and shifts are even better. Exede + MR 6spd = butter
Haha, WHAT ARE PMs???? Are you kidding, haha?!

PM=Private Message

Go to your inbox and read the PM I sent, you nut. If the Exedy + 6spd is butter, then I guess that's my only course of action...
Old Sep 3, 2005, 11:48 PM
Evolved Member

PM=Private Message

Go to your inbox and read the PM I sent, you nut. If the Exedy + 6spd is butter, then I guess that's my only course of action...
Me kidding...always You've got mail
Old Sep 4, 2005, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sorry to be off topic but what did you do to your brand new clutch!?!?!?Is it worn and slipping, grinding, what??

PM=Private Message

Old Sep 4, 2005, 09:24 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats...
Old Sep 4, 2005, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
What's that all about? I think Trevor is great, and we help each other all the time in this forum, but what makes him a better driver? I ran 12.15 at both 109.5 and 110.7. Generally, when you run a better ET with a LOWER mph (2-3mph even), that is considered better, but I don't think Trevor nor myself are really concerned with those details.

Great launch, driving, and use of the $5 chip! It's sure as hell working. I guess I really need that Exedy, huh?
Hey I must have missed something here what is the $5.00 Chip....
Old Sep 4, 2005, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PHILLY EVO
Hey I must have missed something here what is the $5.00 Chip....
I linked to Al's thread that first told us about it. Go back a few pages and click the link...
Old Sep 4, 2005, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Petey Turbo
Sorry to be off topic but what did you do to your brand new clutch!?!?!?Is it worn and slipping, grinding, what??
I didn't do anything to it that I know. It just won't shift above 7k rpm in any gear. I can't even do it somewhat quickly until the rpms drop low enough. Go read my thread talking about it in the evo drivetrain section. It's apparently a common problem with the ACT street disk...
Old Sep 4, 2005, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I THINK Warrtalon is a homofagatron with a big head. But its just my humble opinion

btw

nice run! awsome driving skills
Old Sep 4, 2005, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alby988
I THINK Warrtalon is a homofagatron with a big head. But its just my humble opinion =]
You're right about the big head. It's sort of like a big cinder block.

As for the newly-coined "homofagatron," my wife is hoping that's not true so that we can have a kid or two...
Old Sep 4, 2005, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
my wife is hoping that's not true so that we can have a kid or two...
i hope so too
Old Sep 4, 2005, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like a few of you need to get laid, or have a few of these.

Quick Reply: 12.18 @ 112.8 with vid - minimal mods including stock cat!