Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

12.18 @ 112.8 with vid - minimal mods including stock cat!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2005, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
12.18 @ 112.8 with vid - minimal mods including stock cat!

I ran a new personal best today. Unfortunately it was warmer than I hoped for with nothing but sun in the mid 80's a good bit of head/side wind (10 - 15mph). Thanks to Jarrod and David (Buschur) and Al (DynoFlash) for all the help

I was running a mix of VP109 and 93 pump gas. The video is in my signature (Edit: the video in my signature is my new best of 12.07 with the same mods).

Last edited by DragNRacing; Feb 6, 2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice definetly a better driver than warrtalon and definelty a better attitude
Old Sep 3, 2005, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evo_il8
nice definetly a better driver than warrtalon and definelty a better attitude
What's that all about? I think Trevor is great, and we help each other all the time in this forum, but what makes him a better driver? I ran 12.15 at both 109.5 and 110.7. Generally, when you run a better ET with a LOWER mph (2-3mph even), that is considered better, but I don't think Trevor nor myself are really concerned with those details.

Great launch, driving, and use of the $5 chip! It's sure as hell working. I guess I really need that Exedy, huh?
Old Sep 3, 2005, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

I will only say thanks as anything else can and will be used against me. I plead the 5th
Old Sep 3, 2005, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Kewl.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DragNRacing
I will only say thanks as anything else can and will be used against me. I plead the 5th
Oh yeah, well apparently you didn't USE "the 5th" on that run, so you're not allowed that luxury now either!!!!
Old Sep 3, 2005, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

I was wondering if you would catch that
Old Sep 3, 2005, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
What's that all about? I think Trevor is great, and we help each other all the time in this forum, but what makes him a better driver? I ran 12.15 at both 109.5 and 110.7. Generally, when you run a better ET with a LOWER mph (2-3mph even), that is considered better, but I don't think Trevor nor myself are really concerned with those details.

Great launch, driving, and use of the $5 chip! It's sure as hell working. I guess I really need that Exedy, huh?
yah but he has less mods and plz dont blame it on ur clutch
Old Sep 3, 2005, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

Man, the MR is the all-mighty evo of them all huh.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

yah but he has less mods and plz dont blame it on ur clutch
Less mods than what? I ran 12.22 at 109.19 on the stock clutch and stock cat and the same mods he has (MBC, K&N, Cat-back). Now what?

I also am gear limited to 110.7 without a flash, whereas he is not.

Don't forget the $5 race chip he's able to use due to the flash, too. It appears you spoke without knowledge. Try not to do that next time...
Old Sep 3, 2005, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoHung
Man, the MR is the all-mighty evo of them all huh.
Although I love my MR and think it's great, this is more of a case of great driving and ownership. In other words, he knows how to buy and use the correct combination of mods without wasting money on extraneous things that don't help. The driver mod is the most important of them all, and DragNRacing "bought" that one before he got his MR...
Old Sep 3, 2005, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Less mods than what? I ran 12.22 at 109.19 on the stock clutch and stock cat and the same mods he has (MBC, K&N, Cat-back). Now what?

I also am gear limited to 110.7 without a flash, whereas he is not.

Don't forget the $5 race chip he's able to use due to the flash, too. It appears you spoke without knowledge. Try not to do that next time...
u will always come up with an excuse to make u a better driver wont you. and dont forget about ur attitude problem
Old Sep 3, 2005, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

u will always come up with an excuse to make u a better driver wont you. and dont forget about ur attitude problem
Why do I need an excuse? You were wrong. I went .04 slower with the same mods minus his Exedy clutch. That one mod is a huge difference, but again, that's not important. You are just pushing your agenda and have no basis for argument here.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Why do I need an excuse? You were wrong. I went .04 slower with the same mods minus his Exedy clutch. That one mod is a huge difference, but again, that's not important. You are just pushing your agenda and have no basis for argument here.
yes but u were on race gas he was on a mix and u have the ability to adjust ur safc every time u go to the track for race gas where as he does not, now think about that
Old Sep 3, 2005, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

[/QUOTE]Although I love my MR and think it's great, this is more of a case of great driving and ownership. In other words, he knows how to buy and use the correct combination of mods without wasting money on extraneous things that don't help. The driver mod is the most important of them all, and DragNRacing "bought" that one before he got his MR...
I guess you got a point. Well in my bone stock evo i ran a best of 13.9 but this is my first all wheel drive car. Maybe I know how to drive it now but its been two years since I've been to the track.....and my car is still bone stock with the exception of an exedy clutch

Quick Reply: 12.18 @ 112.8 with vid - minimal mods including stock cat!