Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

EVODAVE needs advice on dragracing from the 10 second or faster crew!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2005, 10:12 AM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by watchout
When I ran my 11.8 My tire pressure was set down to 23 psi all the way around. Do you spin all the way through first?

Shane

yeah it spins all the way through 1st regardless... i have played with tire pressures a month ago or so....no dice. just too much power even with those bigger tires. I really think the fact that the tires diameter is 3/10ths smaller has some effect on gearing...
Old Sep 21, 2005, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

I'll tell you what you need.......DA-4BANGA driving that damn thing.....LOL...All 240 lbs of me rippin at that shifter, and you'll be in the 10's pal. Dave, switch tires, launch the hell out of it like you just stole it, keep it in the sweet spot and you'll get there. Good luck!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 21, 2005, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Dave do you do a burnout? I know if I don't, even with tire pressures down, I will roast them through 1st and that will mess up my 1-2 shift. Not saying it will help you, but something to consider once you get the diff in there. Are you leaving with launch control or about how much boost are you leaving with?

Did the checking and your tires make the car ~1.1mph slower in 4th @ 8500rpm. So very small difference.

The lsd might give you enough extra grip to get off the line a little harder.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 11:28 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by DA-4BANGA
I'll tell you what you need.......DA-4BANGA driving that damn thing.....LOL...All 240 lbs of me rippin at that shifter, and you'll be in the 10's pal. Dave, switch tires, launch the hell out of it like you just stole it, keep it in the sweet spot and you'll get there. Good luck!!!!!!!!!

hahaha! what you been up to man!
Old Sep 21, 2005, 11:30 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Ivan_C
Dave do you do a burnout? I know if I don't, even with tire pressures down, I will roast them through 1st and that will mess up my 1-2 shift. Not saying it will help you, but something to consider once you get the diff in there. Are you leaving with launch control or about how much boost are you leaving with?

Did the checking and your tires make the car ~1.1mph slower in 4th @ 8500rpm. So very small difference.

The lsd might give you enough extra grip to get off the line a little harder.

i am hoping that is the case and i can get outta the hole harder. We will see i guess. I don't do a burnout ...just heat up the triple disc exedy a bit by riding it for a sec. I think that could be a large factor ....maybe if i can ride 1st out longer and get a more controlled 1-2 shift it will go better . I leave with the 6800 rpm flatshift (2step) setup. seems to work well but spin a lot. I would rather spin then bog i guess.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, bogging sucks. My plan of attach would be, get the diff, make a few passes with it - so as to get comfortable, then play with tire pressures - going as low as 16-20 if needed. What I've found is bring the front closer to the rear helps some. Most of it though is the track, the lane and the day.

Try a burnout or 2. Roll through the water, rev up to 7k and drop the clutch, ride it out as long as you can, so you can still stop before crossing the lights.

Maybe some combination will get you the extra time in 1st, to get a clean shift.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 06:16 AM
Account Disabled

ok i pinned it on my 255 40 17 tire size and gearing change from it. I now have lighters SSR comps in 18 with 255 35 18 so next spring we will see... i also have the new TRE ralliart diff and will have way more power but i will see 10s right away on pump next spring i would think.....then on to race gas!