Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

05 MR > C5 Z06

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2005, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Compliments are great, but to me, it looks and sounds like a weak launch. I was expecting a much more violent-looking launch for a 1.66. This one is just smooth and steady, but it does show my method, which I am constantly trying to explain in words (difficult).
Driving instructors say the smoother you are, the faster you make it around the track. Sweet launch and possibly an in car camera one of these times would be great to watch the technique and your shifting speed.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 03:16 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon

Btw, his name is Dirk.
Ah yes, I have to remember not to post before I have my morning coffee.

btw, I wasn't trying to stir anything, remember on the internet, nobody can hear your sarcasm.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
Awesome run! you looked fine from start to finish. I bet the guy in the vette kept going and bought himself an evo!
Didnt ya know that most of em that own those are RICH... he prob already owns one!
Old Jan 2, 2006, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by kingCOBRAsvt_99
Didnt ya know that most of em that own those are RICH... he prob already owns one!
I bought one but sold it 6 months later when I realized how slow they really are.
nice run, I think 12.0 is good for a evo.