Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

S4 runs back to back 11.0's at the strip

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2006, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
very nice
so close to 10's you can taste it
i have seen this car dynoed in person.
he has some serious weight reduction

sheps race talon has more interior
Old Feb 26, 2006, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by S4 Playin w/u
I was running them at 24psi yesterday.
You should be running closer to 15-17psi. When I used them on my Vette, I was running 13psi. I run 22psi with PS2's that don't have the wrinkle sidewall. 24psi is definitely to high. Also, clean them off/heat them up too.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 05:56 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GTKage
do u have a dyno graph?
it looks liek u hare loosing timie between shift, and or ur car only make good power in the top end.
AWD Mustang Dyno sheet below.

Yup, my car loses a lot of time in between shifts. The shifter on these cars sucks... It's impossible to shift them fast without missing gears. I've had a few different short shifters and am now back on the stock shifter... Having owned two Evos before, I can say that you guys are really lucky to have such awesome shifters from the factory. I'm going to try replacing the entire shifter carrier with a brand new one and see if that makes a difference.

Old Feb 26, 2006, 05:57 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by use2vtec
I know u said you had DRs, but can you step up a size to possibly some 245s?
Maybe, but do they make any drag radials in 245 other than the Nittos? I think the largest tire I can fit without rolling the fenders is a 235.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 05:58 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EVOMIZ
very nice
so close to 10's you can taste it
i have seen this car dynoed in person.
he has some serious weight reduction

sheps race talon has more interior
Old Feb 26, 2006, 05:59 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by DragNRacing
You should be running closer to 15-17psi. When I used them on my Vette, I was running 13psi. I run 22psi with PS2's that don't have the wrinkle sidewall. 24psi is definitely to high. Also, clean them off/heat them up too.
Yeah, I always heat them up and clean them off. In the past I've tried running lower air in the drag radials and all it seemed to do was lower my trap speed.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I always heat them up and clean them off. In the past I've tried running lower air in the drag radials and all it seemed to do was lower my trap speed.
It may lower your trap by 1 or 2mph, but the 60' should make up for it. I would think with the drag radials you should be hitting low 1.5 60's. A better ET will often have a trap that is 1-2mph lower than an ET with a higher 60' due to traction loss. It looked like you were breaking loose pretty good. I was able to run high 1.5's and low 1.6's with my GSX on Falkin 215 Azenis. A stiffer rear suspension will help some in keeping weight centered better. Based on my experience a rear strut bar definitely helps. I gained at least 1/2 a tenth over my best previous 60' after adding one in my DSM.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

I'm putting down only 427whp on a Mustang Dyno, but the car is very light... About 2850-2900lbs.
First - great time from that whale of a car (look at my sig)

IIRC a stock s4 comes in about 3500lbs...with driver and tank about 3700lbs. I can see a skinny driver, no gas, but that's a LOT of weight reduction for that beast.

A hell of a lot of $$$ to spend on it too, by that time you've lost the appeal of an S4 in trade for just going fast...stick with the Evo

You've got a drive line stablizer on it?

LOL the way it squats now it looks like an old 300ZX

Good Yob anyways!
Old Feb 26, 2006, 06:16 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by DragNRacing
It may lower your trap by 1 or 2mph, but the 60' should make up for it. I would think with the drag radials you should be hitting low 1.5 60's. A better ET will often have a trap that is 1-2mph lower than an ET with a higher 60' due to traction loss. It looked like you were breaking loose pretty good. I was able to run high 1.5's and low 1.6's with my GSX on Falkin 215 Azenis. A stiffer rear suspension will help some in keeping weight centered better. Based on my experience a rear strut bar definitely helps. I gained at least 1/2 a tenth over my best previous 60' after adding one in my DSM.
Wow, very nice. What did your GSX run?

The other limiting factor is my clutch... It's OEM RS4. I really need something stronger so I can launch higher without having it slip. I'm afraid if I put something too strong in, I'll start breaking stuff. But I guess there's only one way to find out for sure, right?

Do you have any pics or more info on the rear strut bar? Are you referring to something similar as to what the Evo RS comes with from the factory... the strut bar in the trunk?

I'm gonna try out some 1000lb springs in the back. Just gotta see if I can make them fit with the OEM perches.

Thanks for the advice and help... this is exactly what I was looking for!
Old Feb 26, 2006, 06:22 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by DrMerl
First - great time from that whale of a car (look at my sig)

IIRC a stock s4 comes in about 3500lbs...with driver and tank about 3700lbs. I can see a skinny driver, no gas, but that's a LOT of weight reduction for that beast.

A hell of a lot of $$$ to spend on it too, by that time you've lost the appeal of an S4 in trade for just going fast...stick with the Evo

You've got a drive line stablizer on it?

LOL the way it squats now it looks like an old 300ZX

Good Yob anyways!
Yeah, the weight I listed was with no driver and no fuel. I've done quite a bit of weight reduction and a bunch of attention to detail when it comes to it. I.e., I am not happy with just a carbon fiber hood... it has to be the LIGHTEST c/f hood available. I do this all while modding the car on a budget believe it or not. It gets tricky sometimes.

Yeah, I have an AWE drivetrain stabilizer.

I actually don't have that much money in this car... a little less than $20,000 including the cost of the car. I'm trying to go fast on a budget. The reason why I don't have that much money in it is for a variety of different reasons: 1) I got an excellent deal on the car with some of the mods already done. 2) I was able to sell a lot of the spare parts that came with the car. 3) I was able to sell a lot of the parts that I removed for weight reduction (aftermarket exhaust system - I run open downpipes now), the seats, airbags, door panels, stereo, speakers, air conditioning, etc, etc. It all adds up fast. And 4), I have two sponsors which helped me out with the fuel system and software (see signature).
Old Feb 26, 2006, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
We don't care. This is an Evo forum.
Some of "we" do care. I'm not sure why you think you can post for all of us.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

Makes lots of sense now. I bought one of those puppies brand new and just couldnt swallow the high cost of mods ($1000 for the mtm ecu...ick!). For 20K you've got a lot of motor to play with. The Audi drivetrain is supposed to be pretty darn strong. Happy hunting...I wouldnt want to run up against that on a highway pull.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

thats not bad... I can guarentee that if you change your springs and shocks you will hit 10.8 your 60fts should be like 1.5 or so with that and whenever you shift you dont have that sloppiness...
Old Feb 26, 2006, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, very nice. What did your GSX run?

The other limiting factor is my clutch... It's OEM RS4. I really need something stronger so I can launch higher without having it slip. I'm afraid if I put something too strong in, I'll start breaking stuff. But I guess there's only one way to find out for sure, right?

Do you have any pics or more info on the rear strut bar? Are you referring to something similar as to what the Evo RS comes with from the factory... the strut bar in the trunk?

I'm gonna try out some 1000lb springs in the back. Just gotta see if I can make them fit with the OEM perches.

Thanks for the advice and help... this is exactly what I was looking for!
My GSX ran 11.4's @ 120mph. Clutch is definitely a big factor. The soft wall of the drag radial should be a little more forgiving on your drivetrain but not a whole lot. Yes the strut bar I am referring to is that which the EVO RS comes with. Not sure how exactly it helps but I noticed the same results on one of Buschur's times and then tried it and saw a similiar result. The springs should help for sure with the weight transfer.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
We don't care. This is an Evo forum.

Quick Reply: S4 runs back to back 11.0's at the strip