Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

S4 runs back to back 11.0's at the strip

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2006, 06:48 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DCSilvrEvo
thats not bad... I can guarentee that if you change your springs and shocks you will hit 10.8 your 60fts should be like 1.5 or so with that and whenever you shift you dont have that sloppiness...
So you think in addition to running a higher spring rate in the rear I should also get stiffer shocks for the rear? I have some really old Konis on the car now... I haven't messed with them before, but I believe all Konis are adjustable, right? So I could take them off and set them to the stiffest setting?
Old Feb 26, 2006, 06:50 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by DragNRacing
My GSX ran 11.4's @ 120mph. Clutch is definitely a big factor. The soft wall of the drag radial should be a little more forgiving on your drivetrain but not a whole lot. Yes the strut bar I am referring to is that which the EVO RS comes with. Not sure how exactly it helps but I noticed the same results on one of Buschur's times and then tried it and saw a similiar result. The springs should help for sure with the weight transfer.
I gotta see if anyone makes a rear strut bar for the A4 or S4. If not, I can just make my own, right? Not rocket science?
Old Feb 26, 2006, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
We don't care. This is an Evo forum.
ehhh dude stop being a ****ing ***

the guy wants to show numbers so be it.

You know the EVO is not the best car out there and being nice is not hard.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by S4 Playin w/u
So you think in addition to running a higher spring rate in the rear I should also get stiffer shocks for the rear? I have some really old Konis on the car now... I haven't messed with them before, but I believe all Konis are adjustable, right? So I could take them off and set them to the stiffest setting?
Yes exactly. I noticed in europe that that S4 out there thats running 9s has upgraded suspention to utilize the AWD more on the launch. I wouldnt say the stiffest setting. But make it a lil more stiff so that the front of the car still pulls on your launch so you get more Feet when your launch.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Set your rears for the max compression dampening setting and set your fronts from max rebound dampening. This will help control you weight transfer. Didn't Piggy (mike) from Audi-world rip a few 1.50's on street tires? Nice times BTW. I feel your pain with that shifter man. I had a 2001.5 with a few mods for a while and ditched it for a Evo.

Are you running the AWE RS K04 conversion?

Last edited by 4ringturncoat; Feb 26, 2006 at 06:59 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

I had an S4.

It was a nice car but honestly it was very expensive to maintain and make fast.

I know most big power S4s use the KO4 turbos similar to the RS4 turbos, with a couple of guys using hybrid K16 (Porsche 911TT turbos).

There's some chatter from the S4 guys about using Garret GT28 turbos in the S4, but I'd believe it when I see it.

Your decision to decrease the weight is the biggest factor in your impressive speed.

You must be the famous S4 guy that lives in Westchester that raced the boosted IS300?

I miss the interior, especially the Alcantara.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 07:23 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by DCSilvrEvo
Yes exactly. I noticed in europe that that S4 out there thats running 9s has upgraded suspention to utilize the AWD more on the launch. I wouldnt say the stiffest setting. But make it a lil more stiff so that the front of the car still pulls on your launch so you get more Feet when your launch.
Interesting... All I could find about Oz's 9 second S4 was that it runs the Bilstein PSS9 coilovers. I've tried asking them for help on the Audi forums, but they're either too busy or not interested in answering my questions. All the info I could find on that car on the web was in either German or Polish and when I tried using a language translator, it really made it hard to decipher.

Do you have anymore info on the suspension that the 9 sec S4 from Poland runs? Any links or info would be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 07:26 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 4ringturncoat
Set your rears for the max compression dampening setting and set your fronts from max rebound dampening. This will help control you weight transfer. Didn't Piggy (mike) from Audi-world rip a few 1.50's on street tires? Nice times BTW. I feel your pain with that shifter man. I had a 2001.5 with a few mods for a while and ditched it for a Evo.

Are you running the AWE RS K04 conversion?
Thanx man. Yeah, I think Piggie did run a 1.5 way back in the day. There was some debate as to whether it was a timing malfunction or not. Who knows, but it's definitely possible, as my best 60ft to date was a 1.57 which I pulled at Island Dragway in Great Meadows, NJ back in November.

Yep these shifters sure do suck and I'm running K04s with AWE's fueling kit. Your username on this site sure does sound familar. I think we may have spoken a while ago.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 07:28 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 6-speed
I had an S4.

It was a nice car but honestly it was very expensive to maintain and make fast.

I know most big power S4s use the KO4 turbos similar to the RS4 turbos, with a couple of guys using hybrid K16 (Porsche 911TT turbos).

There's some chatter from the S4 guys about using Garret GT28 turbos in the S4, but I'd believe it when I see it.

Your decision to decrease the weight is the biggest factor in your impressive speed.

You must be the famous S4 guy that lives in Westchester that raced the boosted IS300?

I miss the interior, especially the Alcantara.
Yep, that's me. I've raced a few boosted IS300s with my S4.

There are actually a few different companies that have already done GT series turbos on the S4. ATP trapped 134 with their prototype GT28RS kit on a full weight S4. Pretty impressive, but I'm still on the fence about reliability, driveability, etc. Gonna wait a little longer and see how it all pans out.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are actually a few different companies that have already done GT series turbos on the S4. ATP trapped 134 with their prototype GT28RS kit on a full weight S4. Pretty impressive, but I'm still on the fence about reliability, driveability, etc. Gonna wait a little longer and see how it all pans out.
bah go for it
Old Feb 26, 2006, 07:36 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by GTKage
do u have a dyno graph?
it looks liek u hare loosing timie between shift, and or ur car only make good power in the top end.
BTW, it does look like from the videos that the car has no mid range and only power up top. The explanation behind this is the gear ratios on this car SUCK... 1st gear is EXTREMELY short and 2nd gear is REALLY long. It's so stupid and is definitely killing my times, but I don't have too many options here... Here guys, check out the gear ratios for the S4 6spd...

Gear Ratios:
1st 3.500:1
2nd 1.889:1
3rd 1.231:1
4th 0.967:1
5th 0.806:1
6th 0.684:1
Final Drive 4.111:1

Look at that gap between 1st and 2nd! Even 2nd to 3rd there's a huge gap! This is why when I shift it sounds like the car bogs... It's because I'm at such a low RPM in the next gear from the retarded gear ratios... Not much I can do about this...
Old Feb 26, 2006, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

I know KTR Performance has a crazy shop S4 that has been at Waterfest a couple of times on display.

Unfortunately, I've neither seen nor heard of that car running any times at the dragstrip.

It's nice to see that your car was tuned at AWE-Tuning. They are a nice group of people and GIAC makes the best chips for VAG cars period.

I had an APR chip with the multiple modes (stock, 91, 93, and 100 oct.) and it didn't feel or as smooth as some GIAC chipped S4s I've driven.

If you're looking for a suspension upgrade for your S4, Stasis coilovers are considered the best for the car. You can select your spring rates with their custom coilovers.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

Well nice car and nice vid. I think suspension will really help your cause.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Oliver's SM autoX S4 is running 285's all around, you certainly have the ability to go big on tires.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
We don't care. This is an Evo forum.
OMG... Give props where it due. to you WarrTalon!

Quick Reply: S4 runs back to back 11.0's at the strip