Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Project 12.00 on 91 octane begins!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
should add alky to your list and drop some of things that you really don't need
that would be the easy way out. it's more of a challenge to accomplish the goal w/out it.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:28 AM
Account Disabled

you can say that in respect to some of the mods you are choosing as well
Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
you can say that in respect to some of the mods you are choosing as well
why build the car like everybody else? that method & others mentioned above have already been done. why not cbe more open minded & choose a different path to make power??

Most Japanese don't use water/meth kits on their street cars & i don't know of any European guys either. there probably is a few BUT i haven't met any yet.

it will also be more of a tuning challenge than a 1/4 mile challenge as we already know the gas sucks (CA & AZ use MTBE in their gas 6 months out of the year).
Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In the end you accomplish nothing but spending more money to go the same speed. That's the opposite of "evolution." If it's worth all the money spent to you, then knock yourself out, but being different just to be different is foolish. But hey, it's your money...
Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by housedj
valve springs, retainers, lifters, valve guides
What are you hoping to accomplish with these? Is it to support your cams or are you going to try rev it to like 11,000 RPMs? I'd port the head if you're going to do all of that.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
In the end you accomplish nothing but spending more money to go the same speed. That's the opposite of "evolution." If it's worth all the money spent to you, then knock yourself out, but being different just to be different is foolish. But hey, it's your money...
who's to say that it's my money being spent? don't you notice that people typically buy nicer things when someone else is paying??? i don't pay for anything on either car.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CDeutsch
What are you hoping to accomplish with these? Is it to support your cams or are you going to try rev it to like 11,000 RPMs? I'd port the head if you're going to do all of that.
you got it. just cam support. i won't rev it past 8K but the mods will keep me from getting "lifeter tick"...
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

I have a lot of money, but I don't spend it on my car (or cars). If you don't have a FLSD, then your car is defective. All 05s and 06s came with FLSD per Mitsubishi.

Read it here in the Transmission section: http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMSA/j...p?t=mechanical

And here's the excerpt:

"Full-Time All-Wheel Drive with Active Center Differential, Front Helical Torque-Sensing Limited Slip Differential and a Rear Mechanical 1.5 Limited-Slip Differential."

They have the IXs posted right now, so I will have to find the one for 05s, since I'm sure you'll ask.
i went home to investigate the issue. the '05 does have the front LSD. i guess making a mistake is unacceptable on evom...
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

who's to say that it's my money being spent? don't you notice that people typically buy nicer things when someone else is paying??? i don't pay for anything on either car.
Well, you don't claim any sponsors, and I can't imagine any shop being willing to sponsor someone like you who has accomplished nothing other than making a complete fool out of himself in the Evo community through a long list of ridiculous statements and blatant errors. If someone is paying for it all to be done for free, then have fun. I don't pay for any of my mods either, but instead of taking advantage of them with a bunch of expensive, unnecessary mods, I only ask for the bare essentials that I need to go fast. There is nothing extraneous on my car that doesn't help me achieve great things, and the costs are minimal...
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

i went home to investigate the issue. the '05 does have the front LSD. i guess making a mistake is unacceptable on evom...
Mistakes are fine. I've made some, too. However, when everyone tells you you're wrong, then you try to qualify your position by stating that you physically took the diff apart and saw that it was not LSD, that reeks of outright lying. Let us not forget the past mistakes, such as thinking humidity HELPS cars go faster...
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

I only ask for the bare essentials that I need to go fast. There is nothing extraneous on my car that doesn't help me achieve great things, and the costs are minimal...
good for you. i don't ask for anything. it's given to me. no i'm not a spoiled rich kid. i just know to make women give me what i want. it's not easy for you & most people to comprehend but as long as women are on this planet, i will be taken care of. that's the NY way

sure i can go out & buy a Warrtalon package & make the '05 haul but why be the same? you've already done it. there are endless possibilites all over the world to make evos fast. people tailor their cars to their personality. u chose the cheap route, i will not. the results might be the same in the end, maybe not. i guess you'll have to wait & see...
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:33 PM
Account Disabled

The reason you chose pathways that have been done before is that they are PROVEN. I respect wanting to try different pathways but yours makes very little sense.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KOEvo
All '05's have a FLSD homie. You have an original concept true, but it is also true that your wasting your money. Furthermore, Warrtalon went 12.00 with much less.

Think about it.

That 12.00 was done on a race gas mixture which makes it silly to compare to going 12.00 on pump gas, let alone 91.

IIRC, he went 12.26 on 93 octane, which still isn't the same as doing so on 91
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

good for you. i don't ask for anything. it's given to me. no i'm not a spoiled rich kid. i just know to make women give me what i want. it's not easy for you & most people to comprehend but as long as women are on this planet, i will be taken care of. that's the NY way
Um, ok. So your wife pays for it or other women? Very strange...
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:40 PM
Account Disabled

Um, ok. So your wife pays for it or other women? Very strange...
+1 to that haha

Quick Reply: Project 12.00 on 91 octane begins!