Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Results!! I got tuned, and went to the Drag Strip,-PICTURE-

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2006, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome... you're running low low 12's with what... 4 mods? Impressive
Old Mar 27, 2006, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by superscout03
Yeah but the funny thing is that I have spent a total of 1,000 dollars in performance mods to run a 12.1 , I have an intake, exhaust, and a tune. And what are your mods hmmm......
The custom tune was 450, so was your exhaust, mbc, and intake only 550? I think you're a bit over 1000, but nonetheless, your IX is awesome. We 03-05s have no chance against IXs, so it's not worth comparing really, but don't forget that I went 12.01 with $925 in mods on my 05 and a self-tuned SAFC. You need to beat that first, then come rub it in our faces, haha.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
The custom tune was 450, so was your exhaust, mbc, and intake only 550? I think you're a bit over 1000, but nonetheless, your IX is awesome. We 03-05s have no chance against IXs, so it's not worth comparing really, but don't forget that I went 12.01 with $925 in mods on my 05 and a self-tuned SAFC. You need to beat that first, then come rub it in our faces, haha.
Well I got my exhaust off my friends Evo that he rolled over into a ditch and totaled, that was 300 dollars
Forge MBC 75 dollars
HKS RS Intake, 310 dollars
Custome tune 450 dollars
Total price of mods 1,130 dollars
running the 1/4mile in 12.1 PRICELESS
Old Mar 27, 2006, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Can't beat a full TBE for $300...

Can't beat a IX running 113.5mph with $1100 spent. Ok, well maybe an 05 doing it with $925 spent, but that's an anomaly. Just messin with ya...
Old Mar 27, 2006, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Well I went to the Fayetteville motorsports park dragway today for the first time in my IX MR. I got tuned by Dynoflash on Friday at the session in South Carolina.
I will Go ahead and tell you my modifications.
1- Forge MBC set at 23psi tapering to 20psi by redline
2- HKS RS Intake
3- JIC 3'' Turboback exhaust, with Test pipe
4- Dynoflash custom tune
5- I had five+ gallons of 93oct in my tank and added one gallon of 112oct fuel

Those are my modifications.

I ran against another member from here on the forum, I will not say his screen name out of respect of privacy. Im sure he will post a comment when he sees it.

I was in the right lane.

Oh and one more thing, Thanks AL, you did a damn good job with the tune.

Good Job
Old Mar 27, 2006, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice run! Don't count out all the 8's...some of them can go fast with just a few mods too
Old Mar 27, 2006, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Well I went to the Fayetteville motorsports park dragway today for the first time in my IX MR. I got tuned by Dynoflash on Friday at the session in South Carolina.
I will Go ahead and tell you my modifications.
1- Forge MBC set at 23psi tapering to 20psi by redline
2- HKS RS Intake
3- JIC 3'' Turboback exhaust, with Test pipe
4- Dynoflash custom tune
5- I had five+ gallons of 93oct in my tank and added one gallon of 112oct fuel

Those are my modifications.

I ran against another member from here on the forum, I will not say his screen name out of respect of privacy. Im sure he will post a comment when he sees it.

I was in the right lane.

Oh and one more thing, Thanks AL, you did a damn good job with the tune.
Great JOB!!!
Old Mar 28, 2006, 12:49 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah but the funny thing is that I have spent a total of 1,000 dollars in performance mods to run a 12.1 , I have an intake, exhaust, and a tune. And what are your mods hmmm......
bla bla bla........i ran a 12.2 with $1600 in mods without a street tune like yourself and my exhaust was new. if u minus $200 of my exhaust like yourself that would've been $1400. the 9's are nice yes, but i dont' think they're "spectacular". if i had a choice to do it all over again and decide between a 9 and an 8, of course i'd get a 9 because of the newer technology.

what do you want superscout? well heres another pat on the back for having a fast 9. the real funny thing is, the first impression of you the first time i met you was that you act like your 9 is an extension of your d*ck and that you thought u knew everything about anything. you also made it a point to tell me u "live on an island down in georgia". i dont care if u live in trailer park in georgia. maybe that all comes from your 82nd background, we act like bigboys here in group. come of your high horse superscout and lets keep this friendly.........

Last edited by freshevo8; Mar 28, 2006 at 01:05 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 12:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DragNRacing
Very nice run! Don't count out all the 8's...some of them can go fast with just a few mods too
yeah, but superscouts 9 seems to be superior to anything else out there. maybe if he'd cut at least a 1.71 like i had on the stock clutch, he could've hit an 12.0 too. tidy up those driving skillz superscout........

Last edited by freshevo8; Mar 28, 2006 at 01:03 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 01:01 AM
Evolved Member

Fresh- I think its all cuz of the "package" LMAO...nice numbers guys
Old Mar 28, 2006, 01:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fwspeedcart
Note from spectator @ Fayetteville: Yes it was a battle royal! & even though I am now going to have to listen to the Scout glote about how he can whoop my ///M Roadsters butt I guess it was all worth it ..

Say Freshsrt,, As I recall he did clip your wings on one of the 4 runs,, but I could be wrong... Humm..?
yes, he sure did the second run. the third run i missed 4th and still beat him by a car length. and yes, all my slips are white(winner) and his are yellow(loser)

Last edited by freshevo8; Mar 28, 2006 at 01:25 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by freshsrt-4
bla bla bla........i ran a 12.2 with $1600 in mods without a street tune like yourself and my exhaust was new. if u minus $200 of my exhaust like yourself that would've been $1400. the 9's are nice yes, but i dont' think they're "spectacular". if i had a choice to do it all over again and decide between a 9 and an 8, of course i'd get a 9 because of the newer technology.

what do you want superscout? well heres another pat on the back for having a fast 9. the real funny thing is, the first impression of you the first time i met you was that you act like your 9 is an extension of your d*ck and that you thought u knew everything about anything. you also made it a point to tell me u "live on an island down in georgia". i dont care if u live in trailer park in georgia. maybe that all comes from your 82nd background, we act like bigboys here in group. come of your high horse superscout and lets keep this friendly.........

Why turn a great thread into a personal attack?? You have selected certain little clips from a PESRONAL conversation you had with someone & for no good reason used them against them!.. The fact is that Scout (one of the finest people I know) is mearly elated about the results he has acheived moding his car,, and the performance of the car in general,,, further the 9 IS a step up from the 8 & there is nothing in the world wrong raging about that, as people should know..

So lighten up Mr. oh so friendly at the track and now MR. sour grapes? What the F*** has where you live got to do with who you are,,, I guess the criteria for engaging in personal conversation with people has changed, to omit discussing where you live & what you do,, or you may be precived as having a small d***..

Comments reserved.......

Last edited by fwspeedcart; Mar 28, 2006 at 08:21 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ who cares , they (freshtsrt4 , superscout03) are still slower than me
Old Mar 28, 2006, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by matt55
shutup matt dont be an instigator. just start crying again about how there were to many bikes there and u could'nt get many runs in (crybaby) plus, u only ran what at the track???????(i won't tell)
Old Mar 28, 2006, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by matt55
Me, too!

I'm still jealous of IXs. There's no telling how fast I'd be in a IX...

Quick Reply: Results!! I got tuned, and went to the Drag Strip,-PICTURE-