Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Evo vs FD3S

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2006, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if its from a roll he will own if it is from a dig thats where us evos come in handy! he might catch up tho..... so you should do it and see

PJ

im not putting down your car at all i just used to underestimate rx7s til i saw em in action...

Good luck and race safe!

PJ
Old May 26, 2006, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kee1pride
how in fudks name is an fd with only 400 to the wheels and street tires going to hit 11.5.
You asked, I'm just telling you... 2700lbs & 400whp=fast... Go find out for yourself.
Old May 26, 2006, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nolancer
i got my money on the 7. if u guys race from a dig then you might have a SLIGHT CHANCE. from a roll if he's definetly got you man.
what about the first post said anything about running from a roll? this is a drag racing forum. not a street racing one.

well heres where it gets kinda weird though. he used to have an FC that he did all the wrench work on. he told me it dyno'd at 260 whp and weighed 2700 lbs.

we ran from a roll and i pulled him by half a car.

see how thats kinda weird? 260whp + 2700 lbs being beat by 230whp + 3200 lbs.

i was out of town and chilling with him and we were in his car when a honda accord pulled in front of us while we were going 60. he had no choice but to slam into the guy. turned out to be a 75 year old asian man who didn't stop at the stop sign. i was passenger in his FC.

actually here let me just grab the thread.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...9&page=1&pp=15

anyhow he and i both got a lot of money out of the whole thing. he got about 13k for his car because he had all the recipts of the mods in it. i got about 20k because i hired a lawyer to get me money for pain and suffering (which i did much of)

he bought this FD how it is. he didn't do a single thing to it. the person he bought it from claimed 400whp.

so if 260whp + 2700 = losing to me by half a car then what does 400whp + 2700 mean now that im no longer stock.

also when i was stock i ran my friend nicks fd. his was bone stock too and i put about 4 cars on it (from a roll). wasn't impressed. pretty car though.
Old May 26, 2006, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
It looks like he has alot of work and a touch of higher boost he might have 500 and he's not telling you.
Old May 26, 2006, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

time to buy a 20g-9-5 and an alky kit then
Old May 26, 2006, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
It looks like he has alot of work and a touch of higher boost he might have 500 and he's not telling you.
no, hes a bragger. if he had it, he'd flaunt it
Old May 26, 2006, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
like 2700 lbs. thats pretty light but thats nothing rediculous. plus you're still not factoring in street tires.
I have repeatedly competed against 10 sec turbo Civics weighing ~2300 pounds and they don't catch me until after the 1/4 mile mark......Although the the RX 7 is RWD I expect the results to be very similar on street tires due to poor traction in the first two gears.

If you want, call your friend up and I will meet him at the track this weekend and we can settle this debate.

Mario
Old May 26, 2006, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mario
I have repeatedly competed against 10 sec turbo Civics weighing ~2300 pounds and they don't catch me until after the 1/4 mile mark......Although the the RX 7 is RWD I expect the results to be very similar on street tires due to poor traction in the first two gears.
Are you referring to your Evo or your Civic? If a 10-sec Civic doesn't catch you until after the 1/4-mile mark, then that means you're also running 10-sec 1/4-miles or quicker...
Old May 27, 2006, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Are you referring to your Evo or your Civic? If a 10-sec Civic doesn't catch you until after the 1/4-mile mark, then that means you're also running 10-sec 1/4-miles or quicker...
Warrtalon,
The races I was referring to had the 10 sec Civic on drag radials vs. my Evo on Advans (that was the only way we could even the playing field) .............................. I won repeatedly by a fender but when the Civic passed me, it seem as if I was at WOT in reverse

BTW, the best 1/4 time in MY Civic was 10.97sec..........but it is a consistent low 11 sec car........ and significantly slower than the Civic that I competed against in my Evo.
Old May 27, 2006, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2muchboost
He's got a lot of $$$ in that car. Good driving should get him 11.5 in the 1/4 mile...
No, good tires and good driving will get him 11.5s
Old May 31, 2006, 01:09 AM
Account Disabled

heres his modlist

Engine

BNR Supercars built streetported engine with low compression rotors installed at 86000 miles
BNR Supercars new stage 3 non-seq twin turbos installed at 86000 miles
New wiring harness at 86000 miles
Rotary Extreme V Mount IC with KOYO radiator and Greddy intake elbow
Odyssey mini battery
Apexi Power FC with commander and datalogit (Datalogit not included with sale)
Innovate LM-1 wideband with add on gauge (Wideband and gauge not included with sale)
Jspec Lower Intake Manifold with block off plates
HKS twin power ignition amp
Stock 550cc primary injectors with upgraded 1300cc secondary injectors
Walbro high flow fuel pump
Down pipe, resonated mid pipe & metallic substrate cat, and Apexi cat back exhaust
K&N twin intakes with M2 performance hard pipes
Unorthodox full pulley set, removed air pump
TIAL blow off valve
David Garfinkle torque brace
David Garfinkle Modified y-pipe (all nipples shaved)
SPEC 6 puck clutch
ACT lightweight flywheel (street-lite)
OEM R1 strut bar
XS Engineering high performance dual stage boost controller
Taylor plug wires
H&R Springs
C's short shifter
Jazz catch can - oil vent, pcv valve capped
Stainless, braided clutch line
Stainless, braided oil metering pump lines

Exterior

True '99spec Tail lights
'99spec lower lip spoiler
Feed tow hook
Feed side skirts
Upgraded black turn signals
Rotary Extreme cf bumper cover
Yokahama's road racing tires on the rear

Interior

Replaced tan carpet with black carpet
RX-7 Trix black stock replacement floor mats
Carbon fiber door seals
Defi water temp gauge
Defi boost gauge
Defi fuel pressure gauge
Innovate air/fuel gauge (outer ring matches defi gauges)
Mazdaspeed titanium shift knob and e-brake handle
Rotary Extreme rear strut bar/harness
Alpine CD player, alpine mids, and alpine highs
I have a really hard time believing that it's only 400 whp (maybe his car is tuned to be super rich). With a good burn-out, he should easily be in the 11s. With a lightened flywheel, rx-7s rev faster than hondas. I had a friend with a pro solo prepped turbo II (second gen) with 325-350 whp doing 12s with a single "hybrid" turbo. He had 3mm apex seals with 9.0 compression and mild street port boosting about 20 psi. The 3rd gen rx-7s have bigger intake ports and breathes much better than the 2nd gens. Low compression to me is 8.5 and more boost potential. Your only chance is to get as far ahead at the start because if he does a good burn out with low rear tire pressure, he'll hook up right in no time and catch you before you cross the 1/4 mile.

By the way, isn't 1300 cc secondaries is too big for only 400 whp?

Good luck
Old Jun 2, 2006, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NEW2006EVOIX
I have a really hard time believing that it's only 400 whp (maybe his car is tuned to be super rich). With a good burn-out, he should easily be in the 11s. With a lightened flywheel, rx-7s rev faster than hondas. I had a friend with a pro solo prepped turbo II (second gen) with 325-350 whp doing 12s with a single "hybrid" turbo. He had 3mm apex seals with 9.0 compression and mild street port boosting about 20 psi. The 3rd gen rx-7s have bigger intake ports and breathes much better than the 2nd gens. Low compression to me is 8.5 and more boost potential. Your only chance is to get as far ahead at the start because if he does a good burn out with low rear tire pressure, he'll hook up right in no time and catch you before you cross the 1/4 mile.

By the way, isn't 1300 cc secondaries is too big for only 400 whp?

Good luck
I think that most FD guys upgrade the secondaries and leave the stock primary injectors.....thats why they are so big. But remember, stocks are 850's!! FD's are great wne it comes to fuel economy!
Old Jun 2, 2006, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just tell him you'll race him "Best out of 3" come hell or high water. Knowing that the FD's are about as reliable as Dishnetwork in a thunderstorm, it'll blow a seal during race 2 and you'll have him! If he whines you can just use RPS. Rock, Paper, Scissors.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tsurugi-san
Just tell him you'll race him "Best out of 3" come hell or high water. Knowing that the FD's are about as reliable as Dishnetwork in a thunderstorm, it'll blow a seal during race 2 and you'll have him! If he whines you can just use RPS. Rock, Paper, Scissors.
ROFLMAO!!!
Old Jun 2, 2006, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mario
Warrtalon,
The races I was referring to had the 10 sec Civic on drag radials vs. my Evo on Advans (that was the only way we could even the playing field) .............................. I won repeatedly by a fender but when the Civic passed me, it seem as if I was at WOT in reverse

BTW, the best 1/4 time in MY Civic was 10.97sec..........but it is a consistent low 11 sec car........ and significantly slower than the Civic that I competed against in my Evo.
Then, logically, your Evo also runs 10s on Advans. If you beat the guy repeatedly with your Evo, then you are faster than he is in the 1/4-mile...or he's nowhere near a 10-sec Civic. If it's faster than your Civic that ran 10.97, then it runs deeper 10s, and your Evo runs even deeper 10s. If you're just saying that Civic has more power, that's one thing, but if it's a 10s Civic, then it runs 10s at the track in the 1/4-mile.

Quick Reply: Evo vs FD3S