Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

drag racing question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2006, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I too was unaware of the limiter when I first drove my car. I only found it after I broke-in the motor. And was in my garage with my brother - had it in 1st and was slowly revving up, just to hear the engine. I wanted to hear it in a more controlled place, just so I knew what it sounded like, and well I was bored. Well eventually I got up to 5k and then nah,nah,nah (sound of it bouncing). Took it out of gear, foot off clutch - bam 7000 rpm. Behold the 5k limiter.

A stock C4 Vette will run between 13.6-13.3 with a good driver.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And a stock Evo will run slower than that with a bad launch, so that is the most important thing for him to figure out and figure it out quickly.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I asked for a couple of practice runs first. I'll try the launch a couple of different ways.

The guy I'm running owns a small airport and we're running on that so I won't have any idea of times - though the G-Tech might give some idea. It's just barely a 1/4 mile so we'll see.

If I lose I can see new mods in my future - I hate to lose!

I do appreciate all of the advice - this isn't my first turbo but it seems a little more finicky than others.

I'll pin him down to a date in the next few days!
Old Jun 20, 2006, 03:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A c4 vette should be no problem in a evo. I even beat a semi modded c5 when I was stock and a semi modded c4 on the freeway.

I havent losed to a vette yet. I have raced about 8 of them. Havent raced a c6 or the new zo6 yet I know those are very fast.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

the new zo6 would leave you like nothing
Old Jun 27, 2006, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

So what happened??

...and C6 Z06s, off the line would be very well matched for a modded Evo (good drivers both ways). However, at rolling speeds or freeway (which no one should be doing) the Z06 should just be stupid fast. Reg C6s are about the same as the C5 Z06. Should beat them off the line, about even once moving.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bluebyu36
the new zo6 would leave you like nothing
Yeah I know. The new c6 is so fast its like a supercar now. I do love the body style a whole lot better and the power is just beautiful. I give those cars alot fo respect.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
So what happened??

...and C6 Z06s, off the line would be very well matched for a modded Evo (good drivers both ways). However, at rolling speeds or freeway (which no one should be doing) the Z06 should just be stupid fast. Reg C6s are about the same as the C5 Z06. Should beat them off the line, about even once moving.
Heh, not quite. C6 Z06s are getting kicked off tracks in STOCK FORM for doing sub 11.5s with no roll cage. The C6 Z06 is an unbelievable monster that will kill pretty much any modded Evo on the stock turbo in a drag race.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
Anytime. C4 - ya you should have him. When you get those win lights, just be sure to remind him you have about a 1/3 of his displacement

Good luck, and happy racing.
You come from the Corvette camp and wrote off a C4-C5 vette that easily?
Old Jun 27, 2006, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
A c4 vette should be no problem in a evo. I even beat a semi modded c5 when I was stock and a semi modded c4 on the freeway.

I havent losed to a vette yet. I have raced about 8 of them. Havent raced a c6 or the new zo6 yet I know those are very fast.
Racing the 1/8th is your friend Skilz. BTW have u lost a race yet. Pullied Cobras are ur biaattcchhes all Vettes Pre C6 era are ur Biattcches. Have u lost Skilz or do u win all races and pick ur spots to brag about all your victories.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Jasil - Yep, in stock from the C4 well kinda sucked. LT4s where better, and with some simple bolt-ons pretty good. But stockers where just OK at best. Ive been working on a buddies C4 now for weeks and it has been typical Vette - a headache.

Warr, I havent seen any at my local tracks, possibly due to that reason. Best I have heard when hanging out on Woodward (for MI natives - its more or less a Fri/Sat car show all summer) is 11.801 from a C6 Z06 owner. But drivers make the car, and it was very very new. I expect to see low ets.

And I agree they are monsters, sound great, and look great.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IE Evo
Racing the 1/8th is your friend Skilz. BTW have u lost a race yet. Pullied Cobras are ur biaattcchhes all Vettes Pre C6 era are ur Biattcches. Have u lost Skilz or do u win all races and pick ur spots to brag about all your victories.
What is your problem? You follow me everywhere I go just to antagonaize me because I prove you wrong at every point you make?

Yes I beat alot of more powerful cars because I am rediculously consistent at the tree and I barely ever miss a shift.

If I had a 1/4 track nearby I would be racing that too. I dont brag I only tell you what happens. I leave the bragging to others. I have prolly converted about 5 people to get evos at the track 3 of which happen to be mustang owners.

I suggest you get off your specialed a$$ and do something with your life other than being on the computer antogonizing people.