Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Traps and ETs don't match

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2006, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dsmfan95
He was talking about tire pressure

I run 22psi at the track on the stock Advans.

HAHAHAHA my bad. That makes more sense. I thought that was a little off.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
Well if that were the case you would know that evos dont run low 12's and high 11's stock. Even warr will tell you that. You havent been in the racing world that long cause if you had you would have known that.

Also you said

That is totally different from what you are claiming now which is still wrong.

You will put down consistent low 60's and et's with a launch limiter. This has been a proven fact here in the racing world since day 1. However, with your experience in the racing world I am suprised you still dont grasp that concept.

And again rnr does not have a lunch limiter!! How many times do I have to tell you or is english your second language which it prolly is since you are in mexico?

Stock evos run high 12's to low 13's depending on the year and trim. Again I am suprised with your racing experience you still didnt grasp that fact either.

Again stop your BS lying cause you will not last long here.
Like I said before u have a reading comprehension problem and are Special. Who said anything about a launch limiter or better known as launch control. Get your terminologies right. I said Rev limiter set at only 7500 Rpms will limit your potential Ets and mph on a 35 R equiped car. At 493 whp, a 35R equiped car without a flash eliminating fuel cut above 7500 rpm is not going to be able to use the extra power in the upper RPMs. The potential of significant improvements in Ets and mph is not going to be attained in the 1/8th and in the 1/4 . With the rev limiter set at 7500-7700 124-125 mph is about all you can expect for trap in the 1/4. Also the lag between shifts due to short shifting out of the power band can't be good for 1/8-1/4 mile times and Mph.

BTW What do you suspect u run in your Evo in the 1/4 mile? I would say at least 12 flat. U are on the stock turbo? Yes! So is it safe for me to say that stock turboed Evos run high 11s and low 12s? Go read my post Mr. Special. Stock turboed Evos run high 11s to low 12s( u can't deduce with supporting mods and a good tune). My bad I forgot u were intellectually challenged and Globally Impaired. Do u agree Corky or is it Forrest. OUT!

Last edited by IE Evo; Jun 25, 2006 at 06:08 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IE Evo
Like I said before u have a reading comprehension problem and are Special. Who said anything about a launch limiter or better known as launch control. Get your terminologies right. I said Rev limiter set at only 7500 Rpms will limit your potential Ets and mph on a 35 R equiped car. At 493 whp, a 35R equiped car without a flash eliminating fuel cut above 7500 rpm is not going to be able to use the extra power in the upper RPMs. The potential of significant improvements in Ets and mph is not going to be attained in the 1/8th and in the 1/4 . With the rev limiter set at 7500-7700 124-125 mph is about all you can expect for trap in the 1/4. Also the lag between shifts due to short shifting out of the power band can't be good for 1/8-1/4 mile times and Mph.

BTW What do you suspect u run in your Evo in the 1/4 mile. I would say at least 12 flat. U are on the stock turbo? So is it safe for me to say that stock turboed Evos run high 11s and low 12s. Go read my post Mr. Special. Stock turboed Evos run high 11s to low 12s. Do u agree Corky or is it Forrest. OUT!
Forget it man you are pointless. Stop trying to cover you ill informed posts by taking my good advice and adding it to yours.

Second of all, this has nothing to do with trap speeds at the 1/4 this has to do with explaining that better driving techniques will rendor him better traps and et's and 60fts in the 1/8 which will give him an even better 1/4mile run. You keep saying "the gt30 and 35r turbo applications can't rendor low et's in the 1/8 because the turbo has too much lag." While I keep coming at you with proof that your wrong you keep avoiding it and bringing up things that dont have to do with the discussion.

I will say it again. A GT30 or 35r turbo application should be running faster 1/8 mile times and 60fts. I am sure once you perfect the launch you will acheive this. There is nothing wrong with your setup. Just shift faster and perfect that launch. Thats the only thing you have to do.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

I picked it up for $26k. Great car except for the springs and tires. I'm really happy with the purchase.

I know it went an 11.5, but that was at Sac Raceway, at sealevel. I'm tellin you, crappy track. Imagine LACR but worse. It's usually about 5500ft corrected altitude.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Also, I dunno what happened, but we could only get 27psi with the boost tables maxed out. So we couldn't break 500 like I wanted, but whatever, car is still fast.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

welcome too driving a big turbo car i'm trying to learn also i trap 120mph & run 12.0's all the time my 60ft is 1.8's 1/8mi about 89-90mph...
after watching the videos of my car if you get your 1-2 shift down you will drop .2-.4 off your time that is where my problem is.. hang in there you will get it.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by icantdrive75
I picked it up for $26k. Great car except for the springs and tires. I'm really happy with the purchase.

I know it went an 11.5, but that was at Sac Raceway, at sealevel. I'm tellin you, crappy track. Imagine LACR but worse. It's usually about 5500ft corrected altitude.
Sounds like it is runnin okay at that altitude.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
Forget it man you are pointless. Stop trying to cover you ill informed posts by taking my good advice and adding it to yours.

Second of all, this has nothing to do with trap speeds at the 1/4 this has to do with explaining that better driving techniques will rendor him better traps and et's and 60fts in the 1/8 which will give him an even better 1/4mile run. You keep saying "the gt30 and 35r turbo applications can't rendor low et's in the 1/8 because the turbo has too much lag." While I keep coming at you with proof that your wrong you keep avoiding it and bringing up things that dont have to do with the discussion.

I will say it again. A GT30 or 35r turbo application should be running faster 1/8 mile times and 60fts. I am sure once you perfect the launch you will acheive this. There is nothing wrong with your setup. Just shift faster and perfect that launch. Thats the only thing you have to do.
Never said that they can't or won't. However, his car is not optimally set up to run that much better than an 11.4 at 123-124mph in the 1/4 and maybe a lil faster in the 8th. He has an open front diff, a worn out tranny, stockish suspension, stockish rev limiter, and only 493 whp. Go put a 35r on your car and go out and run 97 mph in the 8th with similar limitations. Not happening and BTW he is at 5500 altitude to boot and it is a s h itty track. So he might be drivin the p iss out of the car already.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

In car video is still coming...dunno when though. But someone finally got some vid of me at the track friday night and posted it up. This wasn't my best run of the night, but the launch was average for me. It's good to be able to sit back and watch it. I think my 1-2 shift can be alot faster. Seeing how much the nose dives.

http://members.***.net/joelynch15/Da...derson_754.mpg
Old Jul 3, 2006, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Time was ticking away between 1 -2 but you at least managed a 7.54.

Probably got another 0.15 to go with the car
Old Jul 3, 2006, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

I managed several 7.52s, I think I can get a 7.3 with a traction. How did it look? What I realized I'm doing is slipping it very slowly at first, and it engages higher than I'm used to. So it builds up boost, then I end up just dumping it and spinning them. If I go quicker with the clutch I end up bogging it.