Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

went to track tonight

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2500 is very low for those mods with the TI costing 700-800, AVCR 300-400, Custom tuning 300-400, all those defi gauges are like 600 or more, 200+ bov, 200+ licp, 500 fmic, 350 intake, 250 dp+tp. That's around 3600-3700 there...
Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, I guess I did gain about 50 hp with from the gauges...
Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:22 AM
Evolving Member

Well I like your times. I could only trap 98 mph or so while I was stock. I ran a 13.5 with a conservative 1.8 60' while it was cooler out. It's just too hot to run right now.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:38 AM
Evolving Member

i think my problem with my traps is in my avcr, i have no idea how to tune this thing. once that is good i think it will help..

on the dyno i hit 330hp at 330tq on only 23 psi, tonight i was spiked 30 and was holding 24 to 26, love recording on the defis by the way
Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:51 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Hmm, wait on the clutch to get a fuel pump? No, he will need the clutch, but he doesn't need ATS. Unfortunately, Mynes probably talked him into one, though.
Unfortunately, people are smarter than you think and they think with their brains... Mynes would like to brain wash all the members on EvoM and sell them ATS Twin Carbon Clutches... (wait, you guys should all get talked into by Warrtalon and get the Twin Exedy so you can replace them down the road - say like in 5000 miles or so). Out of all the ATS Twin Carbon that we have installed here in Phx, NOT ONE customer has required replacement on the ATS.

O, BTW, we were in Japan last week, all the fast cars over there were dumb like Mynes as well. The fast Supras, Skyline R32/R33/R34, STi and Evo's have which clutch? O, you guessed it --- ATS Twin or Triple Carbon... I guess the Mynes crew brain-washed those guys in Japan also... the Mynes invasion is only beginning ... prepared to get brainwashed....

Warr... you seem to have a lot of sheat against Mynes... I don't know you and (don't care to meet you, either)... Why don't you get off your high horse and shut your trap. Did we kill your pet lizard in a previous life or something? You push your Warrtalon package on other people, and we don't go around bashing your sheat... just let people decide on what they want to get.

Have you had an ATS Twin or Triple clutch in any of your cars before? If not, then your expressed opinion should be taken with a "grain of salt." We have had two Exedy clutches (both blown btw) before going with the ATS Triple Carbon... so our recommendation is based on personal experience and facts. Unless you have had experience with ATS, you shouldn't be so quick to pass on your biased judgement. And no, we are not sponsored by ATS; we just like to recommend good products when we see it...

Yours truly,
Mike @ Mynes

Last edited by Mike@Mynes; Jul 15, 2006 at 01:16 AM.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:56 AM
Evolved Member

+1,000,000,000,000,000
Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:57 AM
Evolved Member

Shut my trap? Wow, I guess that's how vendors are supposed to act, eh?

Find one place where I said the ATS wasn't good. Once you find that (you won't), then we can discuss why it's not necessary for people to go around buying Carbon Twins for their barely-modded Evos. I love how you try to talk about Exedy's blowing up when there are tons, and I mean TONS, of people running Exedy Twins (cerametallic, not Carbon for twice the cost) without any problems or any longevity issues. It's ridiculous how you guys keep convincing all these newbies to get $3000 ATS CArbon Twins when they're by no means necessary.

You don't go around bashing my "sheat" because there's nothing to bash. Basic mods that cost very little all in one package with free shipping and no hassle. What is there to "bash"?

Oh gimme a break, HouseDJ...way to swing from those cajones... How's the Project 11.49 coming along?
Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:58 AM
Evolved Member

2500 is very low for those mods with the TI costing 700-800, AVCR 300-400, Custom tuning 300-400, all those defi gauges are like 600 or more, 200+ bov, 200+ licp, 500 fmic, 350 intake, 250 dp+tp. That's around 3600-3700 there...
hmm, like you've ever paid retail???? who cares how much the guy spent. if he's happy with his car leave him be. not everyone is sponsored like you...
Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:58 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by AZ EVO IX MR
i just added up the reciepts and it comes out to about 2500. i had all of this on my VIII. my VIII trapped 114 with the addition of 264s
AZ EVO IX MR, if you have a sound system in your car that's worth $2000, it goes toward your "upgrade" package as well... according to the Dr. Warr formula, that "should" get you another 30 whp on a Dynojet (and at least 25 whp on a Mustang Dyno; unless you're at Mynes... in that case, you should get like 50 extra whp on their Mustang Dyno b/c it's reading worse than a Dynojet)....

The Mynes advice in this case ==> stop waste your time defending your mod's and get some ZZZZZ's... Like i said at the track, a bigger turbo will get you in the 11's easily Good time, btw...

cheers.
Mike
Old Jul 15, 2006, 01:02 AM
Evolved Member

When did I say that his gauges have anything to do with making power? I said he spent neary $4000 on all his mods - I didn't specify power mods. I haven't spent nearly $1000 on unnecessary, expensive Defi gauges that could have gone to more power mods, but he has. HouseDJ, what does being sponsored have to do with anything? I am sponsored, and I STILL don't ask for expensive, shiny, blingy things that don't make me faster. I get mods that go fast, then I go to the track and put down good times. If I spent twice the money to go half as fast, it would be annoying.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 01:03 AM
Evolving Member

good times. wait until it cools down.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 01:06 AM
Evolving Member

well im brain washed cause i think ill go with the ats since it seems to hold up and i have already had a bad experience with an exedy. and im not sponsored nor did i pay retail, i just new somebody that new somebody.

and to mike at mynes thanks for the tune and i will be putting in a alpine head unit next week so i will need a reflash for more hp
Old Jul 15, 2006, 01:08 AM
Evolved Member

HouseDJ, what does being sponsored have to do with anything? I am sponsored, and I STILL don't ask for expensive, shiny, blingy things that don't make me faster. I get mods that go fast, then I go to the track and put down good times. If I spent twice the money to go half as fast, it would be annoying.
probably bcuz some people actually like SHOW to go along with the GO. "shiny blingy" is not for you, but that doesn't mean it has to NOT be for everyone else. if i recall, their shop IX ran 11.99 with next 2 nothing on it for mods which is faster than u ever ran.

we all know u are mostly knowledgable about EVO's. but u are not the ONLY one...
Old Jul 15, 2006, 01:08 AM
Account Disabled

Shut my trap? Wow, I guess that's how vendors are supposed to act, eh?
You are sponsored by EvoM Vendors... and look at how you act...? "Do not do what i do but do what i say..?" Is that how it works with you?

If people want a quality product, they can have it. We don't force these clutches down their throat... if they don't want an ATS, then they can get an Exedy or ACT. Similarly, if someone like to buy a Rolex instead of a Casio watch, who are you to say what they need or don't need... o, yeah, forgot, people are not smart enough to make up their own minds...

I've been very curteous all this time, just tired of you saying sheat about my company. When your resort to personally attacking my company w/o merit, then it's time to 'shut your trap'... there, i said it again.

Last edited by Mike@Mynes; Jul 15, 2006 at 01:15 AM.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 01:18 AM
Evolved Member

How do I act? I dont say things like that to people. I also dont attack Mynes, but I do see an inordinant amount of people buying things they dont need in AZ, such as those ATS clutches. Yes, most people arent smart enough to make an educated decision, so they do what you suggest...

Quick Reply: went to track tonight