Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

went to track tonight

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2006, 01:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Yes, most people arent smart enough to make an educated decision, so they do what you suggest...
when your car runs faster than the following list, then I AM SURE we will all listen to your advice:

Norris Designs,RC Developments, Al Friedman, AMS, Curt Brown, Sean Ivey, Dentist Mapped, Buschur Racing, FQ-400, & about 1000 other EVO's around the WORLD running faster than your 12.0-12.26...
Old Jul 15, 2006, 01:27 AM
Evolved Member

btw WARR, i know u won't take my advice either i guess u won't need 2 go 2 www.turbochargers.com & buy a NEW IX turbo for $699...
Old Jul 15, 2006, 01:28 AM
Evolving Member

i think its not people buying things they dont need, i think it is people making an educated decision a paying a little extra for something that works, in the clutchs instance and something that looks nice in the defi gauges instance.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 01:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why you guy say Exedy suck???AMS use them!!Most Wanted use Twin HD and run 11.59!!You guys use ATS and only run 11.9!!
Old Jul 15, 2006, 01:39 AM
Evolving Member

did not say exedy suck, i just personnally had a bad experience with one and would like to go another route. also the 11.9 was with a drop in filter, mbc, exaust, clutch, and tune all together in the phoenix heat. if he is running 11.59 in a IX i would like to know what he is running cause that is where i would like to be.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 01:43 AM
Account Disabled

How do I act? I dont say things like that to people. I also dont attack Mynes, but I do see an inordinant amount of people buying things they dont need in AZ, such as those ATS clutches. Yes, most people arent smart enough to make an educated decision, so they do what you suggest...
Maybe people are thinking way ahead down the road... get a good clutch in preparation for a future turbo upgrade...?

BTW, we recently sold a ATS Twin Carbon to Mr. Buschur to put it in one of his customer's car. I'm sure Mynes talked him into buying this very expensive clutch as well. You might want to talk to that customer and make sure he/she really, really need a $1850 dollar clutch to go on his/her Evo.

cheers.
Mike @ Mynes
Old Jul 15, 2006, 01:46 AM
Evolved Member

Old Jul 15, 2006, 02:27 AM
Account Disabled

Shut my trap? Wow, I guess that's how vendors are supposed to act, eh?

Find one place where I said the ATS wasn't good. Once you find that (you won't), then we can discuss why it's not necessary for people to go around buying Carbon Twins for their barely-modded Evos. I love how you try to talk about Exedy's blowing up when there are tons, and I mean TONS, of people running Exedy Twins (cerametallic, not Carbon for twice the cost) without any problems or any longevity issues. It's ridiculous how you guys keep convincing all these newbies to get $3000 ATS CArbon Twins when they're by no means necessary.
Here are some Exedy Twin-Carbon and Triple-Carbon that are failing...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=199267
Old Jul 15, 2006, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

How do I act?
The same way.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 07:02 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Ang Wen Yan
Why you guy say Exedy suck???AMS use them!!Most Wanted use Twin HD and run 11.59!!You guys use ATS and only run 11.9!!
Ang Wen Yan, we didn't say Exedy suck... we are only presenting the facts, my friend. If your car is making good and consistent power and you want a long and lasting clutch, then the ATS Twin Carbon (or Triple if the car is a power monster) is a good alternative to the Exedy. From our personal experience, the Exedy Twin doesn't hold up... and if you do a search on this forum, you'll see that even the Exedy Twin Carbon and Triple carbon has had some negative reports as well.

As a current user of a ATS Twin Carbon on our Shop 9 (the one that ran 11.99 at 104mph) and a ATS Triple Carbon on our Shop 8 (soon to be tested on the new setup), we feel that ATS is a better product. As we have had two blown Exedy's in the past and we don't care to go for the third strike (we learn from our experince and it's noted in our history log)... We have a mechanic that can replace clutches in a day, but i'd rather not repeat that unless i have to.

I wish people would be more objective when they post on here as well. Take the time to re-read your post before you make your comment... this forum is for open exchange of thoughts and ideas, and sometimes, it's not just what you say that counts - how you go about saying it is just as important...

Just my 2 cents.
Mike @ Mynes Performance.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

+10000000000000000000000000
Old Jul 19, 2006, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

The air in phoenix sucks, and the air in Tucson sucks even worst. I may be running my car at the track here in Tucson this Saturday with 3" TBE/intake/MBC/dynoflash/100 octane. Typical barometric pressure in Tucson ranges between 13.40-13.60 (yikes). Grats on the time.

Last edited by Guerillah; Jul 19, 2006 at 09:15 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

let me know what you do
Old Jul 19, 2006, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by housedj
btw WARR, i know u won't take my advice either i guess u won't need 2 go 2 www.turbochargers.com & buy a NEW IX turbo for $699...
I already know I can buy a new one for $700, but I don't want to pay $700.

MBwhateverthoselettersmean, you just aren't getting it. Buschur may call to get an ATS clutch for a customer, but that's one out of hundreds. I never said the ATS wasn't good, but you are acting like your minimal experiences with Exedy outweight the tons and TONS of Evos running Exedy Twins. That's just ridiculous. Maybe when you can go faster than other non-shop cars running the Exedy Twin with minimal mods, 0 problems, and tons of launches, then you can proclaim the ATS as being worthy of all that extra money. Until then, please refrain. Btw, your IX didn't run 11.99@104 , but I'm sure you know that...
Old Jul 19, 2006, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

it was actually 11.98 at 114 i went with the ats because i had previous problems with the exedy slipping on my old car and i was only pushing 340ish maybee i just got a bad on, but after the install i dont want to go through that again

Quick Reply: went to track tonight