Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

went to track tonight

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2006, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry, but the Exedy Twin doesn't randomly slip. There was obviously some other problem. Hell, a basic ACT HDSS street disk won't slip with that much power until you've absolutely destroyed like I did after 9500 miles and 100+ launches.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Dang "ITS GOING DOWN" in this thread..
Old Jul 19, 2006, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anywhere you see me guaranteed its going down...
Old Jul 19, 2006, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Guerillah, good luck at the track. You should hook up with Carlos (FromWrxToEvo).
Old Jul 19, 2006, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vivid put it in and it was broken it for about 800 miles, and once i find the video ill post a link you can hear the clutch all the way down the track. I will give it props though, i got a 1.6 with out two step and still ran a 13.9 at 82 or something stupid, it also got me home but that wasnt fun
Old Jul 19, 2006, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

From what I have searched, I see people having problems with the carbon/carbon most of the time w/ exedy. Havent seen much failure talk of the cerametallic one. They also seem to be the most popular choice in clutch for higher hp EVOs so youll see a greater percentage of failures on the board.

Thanks Warr. I've already been in contact with him.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AZ EVO IX MR

My first time at the track with this car and first time using 2step.
ras gas either 101 or 104 dont know
full weight during third run boost spiked at 30 psi
You should get rid of the damn AVCR, most piece of crap boost controller ive ever used. I used to have one on my MR2 and it didnt control boost for ****, replaced it with a Blitz DSBC and perfect control.

I tried a new Greddy Profec B Spec II in the EVO IX and it also couldnt control boost for **** (wont hold steady, oscillates around eventually getting level and tried getting the boost signal from two different places). It uses the same solenoid valve the AVCR has. If your gonna use a electronic go with either the Blitz SBC ID 3 or the HKS EVC 5, they both use good solenoids.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

the avcr is doing better, i had one on my old one and liked it but i bought it already on the car. this one defintly holds boost but it kind of has a mind of its own on where
Old Jul 19, 2006, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mwbmw
Unfortunately, people are smarter than you think and they think with their brains... Mynes would like to brain wash all the members on EvoM and sell them ATS Twin Carbon Clutches... (wait, you guys should all get talked into by Warrtalon and get the Twin Exedy so you can replace them down the road - say like in 5000 miles or so). Out of all the ATS Twin Carbon that we have installed here in Phx, NOT ONE customer has required replacement on the ATS.

O, BTW, we were in Japan last week, all the fast cars over there were dumb like Mynes as well. The fast Supras, Skyline R32/R33/R34, STi and Evo's have which clutch? O, you guessed it --- ATS Twin or Triple Carbon... I guess the Mynes crew brain-washed those guys in Japan also... the Mynes invasion is only beginning ... prepared to get brainwashed....

Warr... you seem to have a lot of sheat against Mynes... I don't know you and (don't care to meet you, either)... Why don't you get off your high horse and shut your trap. Did we kill your pet lizard in a previous life or something? You push your Warrtalon package on other people, and we don't go around bashing your sheat... just let people decide on what they want to get.

Have you had an ATS Twin or Triple clutch in any of your cars before? If not, then your expressed opinion should be taken with a "grain of salt." We have had two Exedy clutches (both blown btw) before going with the ATS Triple Carbon... so our recommendation is based on personal experience and facts. Unless you have had experience with ATS, you shouldn't be so quick to pass on your biased judgement. And no, we are not sponsored by ATS; we just like to recommend good products when we see it...

Yours truly,
Mike @ Mynes

Wow I am gone for a week and I miss all this? First off not to bash anyone here. I do know rnr runs the ATS triple carbon and its already going out on him. He has only had it in for about 2000miles. Partly the reason why the japanese "fast cars" run these types of clutches is for 1)they only drive on the weekends anyway so longevity isnt in their mindset 2) they can only have their cars until they hit about 40000miles then they either need to get a engine swap or get a new car.

Now of course the ATS clutches are good clutches however, it may not be the best choice if you are looking for longevity. With the twin disc you are looking at a max of 5-6000miles depending on how u drive and the triple disc even less than that.

Now you also have to include the factual evidence of how many clutches of exedy being used and having problematics and how many ats clutches being used and having problematics. I think you need to add that piece of evidence in the equation too. Now in my experience, I have found that their are far more cars on the road who have/are running the exedy than the ats. Now thats not to say that the ats isnt good I am just pointing out facts here. Because their are more exedy clutches being used then of course their is going to be more of a record of problematics with such a clutch. Now thats not to say that this clutch is bad its just because of the obvious. The more these clutches are used the more chances are of one of them breaking.

I think anyone making or planning on making 500who shoudl get a twin disc. Thats just my opinion.

Last edited by SKILMATIC; Jul 19, 2006 at 11:55 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2006, 08:53 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Btw, your IX didn't run 11.99@104 , but I'm sure you know that...
whatever you're smoking, u should stop using it Your Jedi power is clouding your eyes and brain.... The timeslip was posted for all to see, guess you missed it.

What else don't i know? R u going to tell me that i'm 300lbs and you're my 'daddy'

O, btw, your Evo didn't run at 12.26@110.0, but i'm sure you know that....
Old Jul 20, 2006, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Hold on! I got to grab some more popcorn, you guy are hilarious!
Old Jul 20, 2006, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

whatever you're smoking, u should stop using it Your Jedi power is clouding your eyes and brain.... The timeslip was posted for all to see, guess you missed it.

What else don't i know? R u going to tell me that i'm 300lbs and you're my 'daddy'

O, btw, your Evo didn't run at 12.26@110.0, but i'm sure you know that....
I think what warr is trying to say is predicating on everyones time slips that have evos who ran the quarter mile it is highly unlikely that a evo who ran sub 12sec quarter only trapped at 104mph. Which it is highly unlikely given what these cars have been running for yrs. A time like with such a car calls for trap speeds of around 112-114. The only fesable way you trappedthat low with a time that low is you messed with the gearing. Thats the only thing I can think of.
Old Jul 20, 2006, 12:55 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
I think what warr is trying to say is predicating on everyones time slips that have evos who ran the quarter mile it is highly unlikely that a evo who ran sub 12sec quarter only trapped at 104mph. Which it is highly unlikely given what these cars have been running for yrs. A time like with such a car calls for trap speeds of around 112-114. The only fesable way you trappedthat low with a time that low is you messed with the gearing. Thats the only thing I can think of.
Skilmatic, i appreciate your analysis and your objective comments... why can't more people be like you... just an objective discussion over the facts of the case w/o beating down on one another

The car ran what it ran with the mods listed in the original post. We did NOT do anything with the gearing at all. We came close to it a few times that night running 12.0x and 12.1x at around the same trap speed that night; on the third run, our driver had an exceptional reaction time and didn't missed any gears... it helped that the driver is only about 130lbs soaking wet

There's a lot of factors that can affect the outcome of a run, and i'm sure u know them all (track conditions, air/temp; wind speed, elevation, driver's skills, etc)... there was a whole group of us there that night and we all witnessed it... heck, maybe a gust of tailwind helped pushed us along and got us into the 11.99 mark...

I guess miracle does happen

Cheers.
Mike
Old Jul 20, 2006, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Skilmatic, i appreciate your analysis and your objective comments... why can't more people be like you... just an objective discussion over the facts of the case w/o beating down on one another

The car ran what it ran with the mods listed in the original post. We did NOT do anything with the gearing at all. We came close to it a few times that night running 12.0x and 12.1x at around the same trap speed that night; on the third run, our driver had an exceptional reaction time and didn't missed any gears... it helped that the driver is only about 130lbs soaking wet

There's a lot of factors that can affect the outcome of a run, and i'm sure u know them all (track conditions, air/temp; wind speed, elevation, driver's skills, etc)... there was a whole group of us there that night and we all witnessed it... heck, maybe a gust of tailwind helped pushed us along and got us into the 11.99 mark...

I guess miracle does happen

Cheers.
Mike
Your welcome.

However, I have looked through the posts quickly, and the only thing I have seen you note mod wise is you put a ATS triple disc on the 9 that ran 11.99. I didnt see any other mods mentioned. Is that all there was on the car?

It is possible that the 9 you have could be a very strong 9 off the line. What were the 60fts on that run? And what were your 1/8mile traps and ets?
Old Jul 20, 2006, 08:03 PM
Account Disabled

do'h! Found the error...

Last edited by Mike@Mynes; Jul 20, 2006 at 08:07 PM.

Quick Reply: went to track tonight