Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

4 years of finals - 4 different turbos - my Shootout review

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2006, 10:09 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 years of finals - 4 different turbos - my Shootout review

I have been busy traveling since the Shootout - I went from OH to CT to NJ to AK to TX to NJ to VA all in less than a week! Its been a great week seeing so many evo drivers all over the USA in such a short time

Finally I get a chance to collect my thoughts and say a thing or two about the event I look forward to every day all year long

What can I say about the DSM Shootout and Buschur Racing - I look forward to that race every year and have loved Buschur Racing since my first shootout

The jerk off punks who always cause trouble at the local hotels may have ruined it for us all thius year as there were 48 arrests - inlcuding the idiots from Canada who made a firework's display - the people who slid down the stairs into a pile a beer botles and wound up in the hospital - the people who were arrested for being drunk and with an open container, etc etc etc

Some Canadian guy dressed up like a bunny rabbit with a huge ***** and another one impresonating Mr. T - the scene is a cross between mardi gras and spring break without the girls - just hundreds of guys standing about all night drinking beer

Poor Mr. Buschur who must deal with all the pissed off locals now and who may face the end of the event based upon the idiotic behavior of a few morons (none of whom own evos, btw)

My car is set up all year to run one race and one class the Evo Eliminator

rules - full interior - full exhuast - no nos - dot tires

Its not an easy class to run mentally as you have to sit about all day and wait for the first round of eliminations and you just run who ever you line up against - which could be a fast car or a slow car - it drives me nuts mentally and I find much harder than a ladder type race with a qualifying attempt where you can get through easy with a good position in qualifying

This year I had to run every round which introduces a factor of having to make the car last to the final

I am pleased to have made it 4 years in a row to the final and seen some big players who never made it through to the end

I am very proud of my 4 Buschur throphies and they mean a lot to me
My car weights more than ever as I am fatter then ever and my car has more saftey equipment than ever

This was my 4th year and 3rd F up in the final and my 4th different turbo

EACH YEAR I GAINED ONE SECOND

a short recap of my history in this event - which I am very proud of BTW

2003 - 12.1 - lost in final after I bogged to a 12.7 second Buschur Stage 4 car !

2004 - 11.1 - lost in the final after I had a broken clutch line and pushed through the beams to draw a RED LIGHT against slower Curt Brown

2005 - 10.2 - FINALY WON !

2006 - 9.8 and car did not start due to dead battery !

I am very pleased with my hobby of working on my Evo, my car keeps getting faster and faster and remains a car I can take out for a Sunday blast from time to time on the highway

It was great to see you all out at the race again this year, lets hope that this event can continue again for another year and that its not spoiled by a few bad apples (OK more than a few - 48 to be exact)

I doubt I will run 8's next year but then again after last year I did not think I would run solid 9's this year !

PS - Thanks to Exedy for sponsoring and comming to every major evo race there is - I hope you all remember them when you need a clutch - they are a great company

Last edited by DynoFlash; Aug 19, 2006 at 10:16 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

that is pretty crumby of those guys to do that. hotels and a whole lot of out of towners always has bad news written all over it. hopefully there is another shootout next year and me and my car will be attending
Old Aug 19, 2006, 10:23 PM

I hope there is another next year also. That was kick ***.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn its been 4 years already.
just seems like last year me and jermaine were buying your old parts.

wow time flys
Old Aug 19, 2006, 11:02 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EVOMIZ
damn its been 4 years already.
just seems like last year me and jermaine were buying your old parts.

wow time flys
Back in 2001 Jermaine was the one who took me to my first import event where I went 14 flat in my ole WRX its been quite a ride since then !