Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Bolt on evo going 11.8 at 116 on pump

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2006, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw your car run last night, thought that was you...my buddy had the other gutted wingless evo lol.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

Hey mike good to see your back. If you want to prove to all of us you ran these times, post the timeslip. I know your a good driver, but sometimes it sounds fishy. Prove me wrong. Hope to see you at acto this fall again!
Old Sep 7, 2006, 04:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Black05evo8
I'm not trying to be bubble buster but no way you pull 1.5 60fts... and its not mathmaticly possible that you ran 11.8's with a 1.7 60ft@90 some mph in the 8th..... with street tires...
It is possible to pull 1.5 sixty foots. Guys like Dan B. with similar setups have all gone in the high 1.5 sixty foot range. I mean damn, my girlfriend pulls consistent 1.61-1.62 sixty foots in her 03 evo and her car only runs 12.5@106. With the right driver/clutch ANY modified evo can pull consistent 1.6 to high 1.5 sixty foots.

Keith
Old Sep 7, 2006, 04:14 PM

mike wha does the sti wit the 35r from spring valley run!! he was itching to run me!!
Old Sep 7, 2006, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mike1023,

On post #28(page 2) you mentioned that you car weights 3080lbs with only a galon of gas. Honestly, I was expecting your car to be much much lighter.
My Evo 8 MR weights 3110lbs with 3 galons of gas and some aftermarket light weight parts.

Botton line, I think your success is due to driving and not much of the weight, I honestly thought that when you mentioned weight reduction you were talking of 2800 ish lbs. Just my thoughts!!

Carlos
Old Sep 7, 2006, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

wow!!! your car is absolute exception. With a average 60ft time your car most be putting down some crazy power for the few mods you have. I have to call BS. I'm sure others could ballpark your hp on PUMP gas (no mention of NO2 or alky injection) but my guess is 375 on a dynojet on pump gas. Your car is a freak. I don't see anything in your times to tell me your driving skill is putting those times on the board. Now the track you run at maybe .5 second and 6 mph faster then any track I have been at. I am totally scratching my head.... pump gas on a lightly modded evo putting down an average 60ft but ending up with a crazy amount of power.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

at what rpm are you launching at?
Old Sep 7, 2006, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Carlos, that's 3080 with him in the car, so it's under 3000 without him. I ran my 12.000 back in VA on stock cams with 3400lbs total weight. Imagine removing 320lbs on that same run - it would have been an 11.7 at least...
Old Sep 7, 2006, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^^^Thanks you Clayton, now everything makes sense. Yes indeed he mentioned that the weight was with him. Sorry guys for the confusion.

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Sep 7, 2006 at 09:50 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I love how when he mentioned all his mods, he said nothing bout all the weight he has taken out until someone said he lightened his car. I've seen pics of his car and it has NOTHING in it.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wasn't the sunroof removed?
Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:45 PM
Evolved Member

Mike 1023, very nice times for the mods.

I don't understand why some of you are so skeptical about his times. There're plenty of Evos out there with just bolt-ons running high 11's/12 flat. His numbers make perfect sense. My Evo did 12 flat at almost 114 with an average launch (1.70), full weight, pump gas, stock IC/UICP, skinny snow tires and the same bolt-ons...

About pulling 1.3's on the 60s, well, good luck but I don't think so...
Old Sep 8, 2006, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice run!!11.8 is good for pump gas!!A very rough figure for your car is 379whp.Are you curt brown or John Shepard??Curt Brown cut some 1.28 and run 9.4 on GT3065,John Shepard cut 1.25!!
Old Sep 8, 2006, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOfunk
Mike 1023, very nice times for the mods.

I don't understand why some of you are so skeptical about his times. There're plenty of Evos out there with just bolt-ons running high 11's/12 flat. His numbers make perfect sense. My Evo did 12 flat at almost 114 with an average launch (1.70), full weight, pump gas, stock IC/UICP, skinny snow tires and the same bolt-ons...

About pulling 1.3's on the 60s, well, good luck but I don't think so...
I don't understand simply because I track the car often enough to have seen 100's of evo's run the 1/4 and in so. cal and las vegas those numbers do not happen. Everytime I take my car to the track it is as fast or faster then any other evo with a stock turbo. Hell I don't care if you have every bolt on possible on pump gas I am not feeling 11.7. And warr even if you had dropped 300 pounds I don't see your 12.0 going to 11.7. The shift to 5th would have killed you. You have said before you car bounced off the rev limiter, and you were not on pump gas for your 12.0. With race gas or alky injection I would be wow, nice times but not on 93.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Noogles
1.5's are possible on the ACD transfer cases they are much harder to break than the earlier mechanical units.

With significant weight reduction and a 50 shot those times are definately possible.

well i already did 1.5 on the stock clutch lol, so i dont see how its definately possible, becasue i already did it. and now with the new clutch im going for 1.4, 1.3.

Originally Posted by 2StepsAhead
Saw your car run last night, thought that was you...my buddy had the other gutted wingless evo lol.
ya me and him had nice talk, giving him some tips how to make a lot lighter, i wish i could came full gutted but im having some cop problems around by me.

Originally Posted by Lancematic
Hey mike good to see your back. If you want to prove to all of us you ran these times, post the timeslip. I know your a good driver, but sometimes it sounds fishy. Prove me wrong. Hope to see you at acto this fall again!
hey whats up, yes hopfuly we will be coming down to acto soon, and i been meaning to get the time slips on but just been runing around, trying to get 10secs4 car ready for h2o and all that good stuff, but tonight i will throw them up.

Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing
It is possible to pull 1.5 sixty foots. Guys like Dan B. with similar setups have all gone in the high 1.5 sixty foot range. I mean damn, my girlfriend pulls consistent 1.61-1.62 sixty foots in her 03 evo and her car only runs 12.5@106. With the right driver/clutch ANY modified evo can pull consistent 1.6 to high 1.5 sixty foots.

Keith
hey whats up, when ya coming back out? also paul and i going to be making a trip down to you soon to drop off a tranny lol yep again.

Originally Posted by One Wicked EVO
mike wha does the sti wit the 35r from spring valley run!! he was itching to run me!!
sorry man i dont knew.

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Mike1023,

On post #28(page 2) you mentioned that you car weights 3080lbs with only a galon of gas. Honestly, I was expecting your car to be much much lighter.
My Evo 8 MR weights 3110lbs with 3 galons of gas and some aftermarket light weight parts.

Botton line, I think your success is due to driving and not much of the weight, I honestly thought that when you mentioned weight reduction you were talking of 2800 ish lbs. Just my thoughts!!

Carlos
yes well have to remeber i do have a lot back in the car again, stock exusht, all the heat, ac, radio, speackers, .. lol again cops give me to much problems thats why.

Originally Posted by saywhen
wow!!! your car is absolute exception. With a average 60ft time your car most be putting down some crazy power for the few mods you have. I have to call BS. I'm sure others could ballpark your hp on PUMP gas (no mention of NO2 or alky injection) but my guess is 375 on a dynojet on pump gas. Your car is a freak. I don't see anything in your times to tell me your driving skill is putting those times on the board. Now the track you run at maybe .5 second and 6 mph faster then any track I have been at. I am totally scratching my head.... pump gas on a lightly modded evo putting down an average 60ft but ending up with a crazy amount of power.
hehe im not bs anyone here, i have no n2o, nos, alky. all i have is that 93 pump gas. and i really dont knew how much power my car is making i never dyno with this setup. i will go to a dyno soon with a cople of friends and get some numbers for you, and see what happens, but stock turbo with 375whp thats nice lol.

Originally Posted by Danny23
at what rpm are you launching at?
with new clutch i launch at 6000rpm. seems to be a nice rpm for the setup i have.

Quick Reply: Bolt on evo going 11.8 at 116 on pump