Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Bolt on evo going 11.8 at 116 on pump

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Doesn't matter what you think, Mike. Do you think you randomly went from 115mph on race gas to 116mph on pump gas from random luck? No, it was the cams - they make plenty of power. Getting bigger cams is not going to give you the effect you think you'll get, because they will make power at higher rpms where the turbo no longer makes power. Amazing what your friends lead you to believe...
Old Sep 8, 2006, 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please post an interior picture. I'd like to see how gutted this car really is.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mike1023
intake, mbc, cut out, br fmic, ic piping, hks 264/272 cams, and clutch and thats all o and fuel pump
I figured the cams would cancel the "bolt-on evo" status.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Theres full weight Evos here locally running 11.8-11.9@115 on pump, and keep in mind these are 03 WITHOUT a 9.8 hotside....
Old Sep 8, 2006, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Great job, but technically its not a "bolt-on" evo since you did cams.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

warr as i told you a long time ago i will run better times like 11.5 on race gas once i get new fmic and new tune, and as you see right now i have a mail in tune which is not even a custom one yet with a new fimc and i ran 11.8 at 116 on pump, so once i get the custom tune and race gas i will make that mark as i said. so why you always douting me.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=EVIL_EVO_VIII]Thats some good driving! I would have gone with 280/280 me personally.. Im looking to do 11s on pump around 116-117 when i get clutch, flywheel, fmic, licp, and cams[/
Old Sep 8, 2006, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Roberto
Please post an interior picture. I'd like to see how gutted this car really is.
heres a link. http://www.titsup.mike1023.com/evo/w...t%20reduction/

Also, Mike1023, werent you just "KillerMikeEvo" a week ago. And your account got disabled, so you made a new one??? I pretty sure thats an instant ban.

Also, Warr is all ways talkin down on you because everything you say sounds fishy. Like when you claimed to run a 12.3 with the stock ECU but you had a Utec hooked up?? Then you said you were running the Utec on the stock map, yeah right.

Also, didnt MostWanted run like a 11.7-8 on pump gas with full interior??
Old Sep 8, 2006, 04:57 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
heres a link. http://www.titsup.mike1023.com/evo/w...t%20reduction/

Also, Mike1023, werent you just "KillerMikeEvo" a week ago. And your account got disabled, so you made a new one??? I pretty sure thats an instant ban.

Also, Warr is all ways talkin down on you because everything you say sounds fishy. Like when you claimed to run a 12.3 with the stock ECU but you had a Utec hooked up?? Then you said you were running the Utec on the stock map, yeah right.

Also, didnt MostWanted run like a 11.7-8 on pump gas with full interior??
Wow, so many haters in this thread! The funny thing is I've known Mike for a few years now and the one thing he is not is a BS'er or a liar.

I remember when he had the UTEC at first and he absolutely was running off the stock map. What's the big deal there?

If you look at his account, it says he has been registered since June of 2005. So how can you accuse of him of making a new account and posting from it in this thread?

Those pics you've posted are out of date. IIRC, his car has the HVAC controls, stereo system, and door panels back in it right now.

With hotter cams, a custom flash, fresh drag radials (his current ones have 30k+ miles), and cooler weather, I believe his car can do an 11.5-11.6 @ 118ish on pump gas. If he gets an AEM EMS and tunes it for race gas, I'd say an 11.3-11.4 @ 120 is doable. Keep in mind his 60fts on the latest 11.8 second passes were only in the high 1.6 to low 1.7 range whereas his car pulled consistent high 1.5/low 1.6 short times back 10k+ miles ago when the drag radials still had plenty of stickiness.

Perhaps the best part about this car is it has been quite the cash cow in recent weeks, beating a nitrous injected GTO on slicks and a 2200lb Civic putting down 300+ whp for a total purse of over $2,000. Tonight we might have a run with a very fast 2.8 twin turbo Audi Avant which supposedly has custom turbos and a bunch of other crap. We'd post the videos, but I don't want to break any rules here on Evom.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 05:00 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by TonyG
Great job, but technically its not a "bolt-on" evo since you did cams.
This was actually turned into a 20+ page thread on SVTPerformance. I argued that while you are changing engine internals, aftermarket cams are still considered a bolt on in the Evo world due to the simplicity of the job and the fact that almost everyone is doing it.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 05:02 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
Theres full weight Evos here locally running 11.8-11.9@115 on pump, and keep in mind these are 03 WITHOUT a 9.8 hotside....
Probably with an AEM standalone (MAFless), alky/meth injection, and/or bigger than 264/272 cams. Am I right?
Old Sep 8, 2006, 05:03 PM
UCB
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 10SecS4
This was actually turned into a 20+ page thread on SVTPerformance. I argued that while you are changing engine internals, aftermarket cams are still considered a bolt on in the Evo world due to the simplicity of the job and the fact that almost everyone is doing it.

Thats BS and you know it. "bolt on" means you bolt it ON the motor. Not take the motor apart and install

Some honda ricer tried telling me a b16 swap was a bolt on mod
Old Sep 8, 2006, 05:11 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by UCB
Thats BS and you know it. "bolt on" means you bolt it ON the motor. Not take the motor apart and install

Some honda ricer tried telling me a b16 swap was a bolt on mod
The definition is just not that cut and dry. For example, by your definition one could "bolt on" a gigantic turbo to an N/A car and it would be a bolt on since you're not technically changing any of the engine's internals. Forcing air into an engine that couldn't make it on its own is not considered a bolt on to me.

I think everything needs to be taken in context and in this day in age, the cams have become such a quick, easy, and cheap mod, especially on the Evo, that they have in fact become a bolt on.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, let's see. A punk S4 owner who constantly participates in illegal street racing while convincing a teenage kid to gut his Evo and also participate in street racing is telling US, the Evo community, that cams are bolt-ons. Wow, the gall on some people...

I guess if all of us...the ones who actually own Evos...say that cams are not a bolt-on, then that should hold more weight than some punk who ignores the rules, gets banned, then comes back under a new name all the while talking smack all the time. Yeah, that makes sense...
Old Sep 8, 2006, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

seems to me there is a lot of hate and jealiousy in this thread.

so what if the guy gutted his car, it is HIS car after all and his choice to do so. Removing weight = FREE HP, who doesn't want free HP. not only that but less weight also = less stress on driveline parts which equals fewer broken parts. it is a win win situation. nobody jumped all over Curt Brown when he was running mid 11's on the stock turbo and his car was lightened.

I don't see how his personal life has any bearing on what this post is about either. just because some of you can't reproduce his times is no reason to find excuses to hate on him.

Quick Reply: Bolt on evo going 11.8 at 116 on pump