Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Bolt on evo going 11.8 at 116 on pump

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2006, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 10SecS4
The definition is just not that cut and dry. For example, by your definition one could "bolt on" a gigantic turbo to an N/A car and it would be a bolt on since you're not technically changing any of the engine's internals. Forcing air into an engine that couldn't make it on its own is not considered a bolt on to me.
exactly what I was thinking.

people are saying cams are not a bolt on because they want him and his times to be considered in a different 'catagory' and not the rule but an exception.

IMO cams = bolt on.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 09:17 PM

The term "bolt on" is used for the mods that anyone can just bolt on, like exhaust and intake for example. I'm sure we all know a few Evo owers that feel they could not just simply bolt on a new set of cams.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 03:31 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Well, let's see. A punk S4 owner who constantly participates in illegal street racing while convincing a teenage kid to gut his Evo and also participate in street racing is telling US, the Evo community, that cams are bolt-ons. Wow, the gall on some people...

I guess if all of us...the ones who actually own Evos...say that cams are not a bolt-on, then that should hold more weight than some punk who ignores the rules, gets banned, then comes back under a new name all the while talking smack all the time. Yeah, that makes sense...
You are such a jealous hater Warrtalon. The funny thing is you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Mike is a teenager? LOL, good one.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This was actually turned into a 20+ page thread on SVTPerformance. I argued that while you are changing engine internals, aftermarket cams are still considered a bolt on in the Evo world due to the simplicity of the job and the fact that almost everyone is doing it.
I've always went by the saying "If you have to pull the valve cover, it's not a bolt-on".
Old Sep 9, 2006, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

also the car is runing very nice and hard considering it has 46532 miles on it. and that is in a years time woot car is strong
Old Sep 9, 2006, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

That poor car. I always cringe when i see gutted evo's

Oh and this thread should probably just be locked before it turns into all the other threads that this mike/10secS4 start.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ibanez_926
That poor car. I always cringe when i see gutted evo's

Oh and this thread should probably just be locked before it turns into all the other threads that this mike/10secS4 start.

why lock it i and him tell the thruth and all that happens is hate. so dumb already.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Probably with an AEM standalone (MAFless), alky/meth injection, and/or bigger than 264/272 cams. Am I right?
No, they are running stock ECU and straight 93 NO METH!! They are jsut really good drivers. They do have 280/280 cams, tbe, mbc, manifold, o2 housing, licp, intake w/ uicp and ecu flash, thats about it!
Old Sep 9, 2006, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Consistant, consecutive and consecutively are words to work on. Nice times though, seems like you've got 1/4 mi. driving down!
Old Sep 9, 2006, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Aaah, the car is a completly gutted track wh*re, now I understand! That's actually sweet, I dig it but don't have the ***** to do it to my car.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 10:25 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
No, they are running stock ECU and straight 93 NO METH!! They are jsut really good drivers. They do have 280/280 cams, tbe, mbc, manifold, o2 housing, licp, intake w/ uicp and ecu flash, thats about it!
Manifold? What manifold?
Old Sep 9, 2006, 10:26 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by wingless
Aaah, the car is a completly gutted track wh*re, now I understand! That's actually sweet, I dig it but don't have the ***** to do it to my car.
Yeah, a track ***** with nearly 50K street miles.

The hatorade has to stop guys. Seriously.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by mike1023
why lock it i and him tell the thruth and all that happens is hate. so dumb already.
For one, you cant even spell "truth", let alone, tell the truth.

You guys always come on here and try to act like your doing great stuff.

First, you try to say you ran a 12.3 with the stock ECU, when you very well had a Utec. Thats called a lie.

Second, you say "bolt on EVO goes 11.8" but dont mention all your weight reduction until someone calls you on it. Now thats not neccissaly lying, but its not tellin the whole story, which is juct as bad.

Also, Both Mike1023 & 10secS4, have been banned, and made more accounts. That right there is not allowed here and they should both be on permanet ban forever.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Yeah, a track ***** with nearly 50K street miles.

The hatorade has to stop guys. Seriously.
No ones "hating", we just dont like punk liers comin on to our board and tell lies.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 03:22 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
For one, you cant even spell "truth", let alone, tell the truth.

You guys always come on here and try to act like your doing great stuff.

First, you try to say you ran a 12.3 with the stock ECU, when you very well had a Utec. Thats called a lie.

Second, you say "bolt on EVO goes 11.8" but dont mention all your weight reduction until someone calls you on it. Now thats not neccissaly lying, but its not tellin the whole story, which is juct as bad.

Also, Both Mike1023 & 10secS4, have been banned, and made more accounts. That right there is not allowed here and they should both be on permanet ban forever.
Nobody has lied about anything. You accused Mike of posting from a newly registered account; meanwhile, it's the same username he's been posting under for over a year.

Mike mentioned his weight was 3080 with him in it in this thread. He has also discussed his weight reduction in great detail in several other threads, including posting up pictures. He's not trying to hide anything.

You're now accusing him of lying about running 12.3 with the stock ECU? Are you serious? What the hell is so hard to believe about that?

You are not only an extremely jealous cry baby hater, but you're also the world's biggest hypocrite: you make fun of Mike for misspelling words meanwhile you weren't even CLOSE with your spelling of "necessarily." What a joke you are man. Seriously, people like you don't deserve to own Evos.

Last edited by 10SecS4; Sep 9, 2006 at 03:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Bolt on evo going 11.8 at 116 on pump