Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

100% Stock 06 Z06 Corvette doing 10.80s with drag radials on ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2006, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05 EVO RS
OK....before i get to far into this i have an evo, (duh) and i do like the new Z06... BUT, its really not as impressive as everyone makes it out to be. I know that it kicks the crap out of lambos and other higher end cars but the performance part of it its almost dissappointing, and becides the EVO does too....i know its the highest horsepower vette made but break it down a lil...HP / LITER

EVO IX=286/2.0=143hp/L
VETTE C6 Z06=505/7.0=72.1hp/L

hahahaha...i just realized were making almost twice what the vette is...
143/2=71.5

hahaha.....i still like it tho

HP/per litre is a complete ricer argument. The fact is, it makes big power and the whole engine itself is hardly even heavier than ours. Who cares it if has 10L. The car gets good gas mileage and has incredible power and the engine itself for its size is VERY light.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 03:45 PM

The new Z06 is the best of all vettes! Nothing to roll your eyes about. Very true about $$$ per all around performance; nothing can compare! This guy can do 10's and def. 11's all day long and not worrying about replacing his clutch or blowing his tranny This is factory man, if something goes, it's covered! (well i hope GM isn't as bad as mitsubishi when it comes to warranty issues...) And if you take a 10.80 EVO vs. a 10.80 Z06 from a roll, well guess who is going to get punished!
Top end that Z06 is near 200 mph! I love my EVO, but i do give respect to that Z06 7.0!
Old Dec 30, 2006, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NightShifter
I agree with some of the remarks made about why people would buy a certain type of car. To make an argument about an EVO having back seats and a vette not having back seats is pointless. I'm sure that the individual who bought or is buying the vette is not buying it to take his family across the country. Most vette owners have vettes as a second or third car. Sometimes often referred to as "my toy". Whether you like foreign or domestic (relative to the country you're in), is your choice! The Z06 vette is nothing to look down upon, nor is the EVO. Although some people will still have a bias, you should respect the achievment from the milestones that were overcame to evolve to that level. That is what makes the automotive arena so exicting! All cars cannot be the same in every aspect, just like people or it would be a very boring world... So enjoy what you have and give a little respect when it's due. I'm sure you would want the same! Happy New Year!
Well said
Old Dec 30, 2006, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
HP/per litre is a complete ricer argument. The fact is, it makes big power and the whole engine itself is hardly even heavier than ours. Who cares it if has 10L. The car gets good gas mileage and has incredible power and the engine itself for its size is VERY light.

okkkkkaaaaayyyyy.......so.....ricer argument how....i wasnt arguing. I was just stateing a fact.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05 EVO RS
OK....before i get to far into this i have an evo, (duh) and i do like the new Z06... BUT, its really not as impressive as everyone makes it out to be. I know that it kicks the crap out of lambos and other higher end cars but the performance part of it its almost dissappointing, and becides the EVO does too....i know its the highest horsepower vette made but break it down a lil...HP / LITER

EVO IX=286/2.0=143hp/L
VETTE C6 Z06=505/7.0=72.1hp/L

hahahaha...i just realized were making almost twice what the vette is...
143/2=71.5

hahaha.....i still like it tho
This is not a valid comparison. The Z06 has a normally aspirated engine and the EVO has a turbo charged engine. The turbo charger in effect makes the displacement of the 4G63 equivalent to 4+ liters. When you compare the output of the Z06 pushrod, NA engine to the 4G63 at 19~21 psi of boost, the Z06 engine is a phenomenal performer and practically leaves the EVO in the dust... Oh yeah, and it has no turbo lag. The V8 NA engine has torque out the wazoo from very low RPM. Nah, don't try to ccompare the EVO to the Z06. They are both fine cars but the Z06 is in a different league altogether.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

My .02 I rode in a Victory Red Z06 yesterday and the car is unreal. Loaded to the max. heated seats, voice command navigation, you don't need a key to start the car just as long as they are in the car(pocket) you can start the car, the HUD is awesome shows everything perfectly with no perceptible dots it looks great light years beyond the C5 this is broad daylight and it's crystal clear you never need to look down while driving, then of course leather everything. Stepping out of my EVO into this car feels like a luxury car it really does nothing against the EVO.

The car has good thrust right off idle to 3k. If you need to pass on the interstate and you are at 2k it's no problem tons of torque. It really is impressive to watch the rpms climb and you are being shoved back in your seat at only 3k. Well, when he finally floored it's like a constant shove feels very comparable to a local 37R car that I rode in once it spooled except being a stock exhaust with the extra sound deadening added it is very quiet. In fact except for being thrown into the seat you wouldn't even know it's a sprorts car it's so quiet.

In all I left very impressed especially knowing this thing is bone stock full warranty and you get treated like a king from the dealer when you own a Z06. If I was ever in the market for a 80K car (fully loaded) this would be it hands down. Like
94awd said though traction control is your friend. He disabled it and the rear end got squirrely pretty quick exactly the reason why I love my AWD. Great car though if you ever have a chance to ride it one I highly recommend it. It put's some things into perspective.

Last edited by Jasil; Jan 4, 2007 at 05:25 AM.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jasil
My .02 I rode in a Victory Red Z06 yesterday and the car is unreal. Loaded to the max. heated seats, voice command navigation, you don't need a key to start the car just as long as they are in the car(pocket) you can start the car, the HUD is awesome shows everything perfectly with no perceptible dots it looks great light years beyond the C5 this is broad daylight and it's crystal clear you never need to look down while driving, then of course leather everything. Stepping out of my EVO into this car feels like a luxury car it really does nothing against the EVO.

The car has good thrust right off idle to 3k. If you need to pass on the interstate and you are at 2k it's no problem tons of torque. It really is impressive to watch the rpms climb and you are being shoved back in your seat at only 3k. Well, when he finally floored it's like a constant shove feels very comparable to a local 35R car that I rode in once it spooled except being a stock exhaust with the extra sound deadening added it is very quiet. In fact except for being thrown into the seat you wouldn't even know it's a sprorts car it's so quiet.

In all I left very impressed especially knowing this thing is bone stock full warranty and you get treated like a king from the dealer when you own a Z06. If I was ever in the market for a 80K car (fully loaded) this would be it hands down. Like
94awd said though traction control is your friend. He disabled it and the rear end got squirrely pretty quick exactly the reason why I love my AWD. Great car though if you ever have a chance to ride it one I highly recommend it. It put's some things into perspective.
Hey Jasil, Glad you enjoyed the ride. It looks like you were in a loaded Z. They do ride very nice. I have been going back and forth as to should I get the 1lZ base car or 2lZ like the one you were in. I don't know? There is a difference of about 7 -8k ( buys some mods) depending on wheels and Nav. I also can't decide BLK or Red

My allocation is set for April and I've got to make up my mind soon. I know this sounds crazy but my dealer just offered me if I want to be first on his list for the new SS and he said at MSRP !!! I know they would keep their word because that is their policy. They want the car kept in the area though if they did sell it to me.

I know Voetech is coming out with a SC for the Z in March ( they were at SEMA) and that adds about 120hp. So either way by the time you do the supporting mods it is going to be close to 90k I'll bet. Factory SS will have lots of CB body parts ( rumor has it weighs in at about 2800lbs) and 650hp with a full factory warranty. Wow sounds like it will be almost at super exotic level as far as performance goes but for a lot less money. It is still is a lot of money 100k.

BTW what do you think about the new Viper. I wish they would shed a little weight on it because I think that if it they don't that 80 or 90 more SAE hp it has over the Z isn't going to make it that much faster than the Z which is faster than the current Viper. I'm also not sure about the vents on the hood. Other than that I like the upgrades they did and Vipers take to mods real well.

Take care
Old Jan 3, 2007, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

damn sick
Old Jan 3, 2007, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jasil

The car has good thrust right off idle to 3k. If you need to pass on the interstate and you are at 2k it's no problem tons of torque. It really is impressive to watch the rpms climb and you are being shoved back in your seat at only 3k. Well, when he finally floored it's like a constant shove feels very comparable to a local 35R car that I rode in once it spooled except being a stock exhaust with the extra sound deadening added it is very quiet. In fact except for being thrown into the seat you wouldn't even know it's a sprorts car it's so quiet.

john whos car with the 35r?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
What is your point? I am not allowed to be unimpressed? So WTF if the car is unmodded. Its still a 70k car with 7.0liters of displacemnet. Curt ran 10.59 with stock turbo and stock drivetrain. With a measly 2.0 liters displacement. 55k car. People have made 607whp with bolt ons, Stock block stock head. From 2.0 of displacement. Thats 2,125 whp if it were 7.0 liters. Show me a stock block vette making 2000whp and I might start to look. As far as I see the vette is still a overpriced waste of of american metal. Technologically IONS behind what the 4g63 has done in the bang for the buck department. Not to mention the vette rides like _ss and has no trunk space, and no back seat for the kids. Oh and then theres the precious slicks labbelled as street legal absolutely required to give it a good 60ft. Otherwise on the street any more than stock horsepower and all they do is spin. Enough rant. I hate vettes. They are my favorite car to disgrace on the street. And I do it regularly.

Excellent post brother.... Haha i feel the same about vettes as well .
Old Jan 4, 2007, 03:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Jeremy Clarkson sums it up as well. He has driven EVERY car out and gives subjective opinion.

http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/12...tte-C6-Z06.htm
Old Jan 4, 2007, 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo_08
john whos car with the 35r?
I guess I should edit that and say 37R car.....you're car is very awesome Tony It was you're car I was comparing it too.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
Jeremy Clarkson sums it up as well. He has driven EVERY car out and gives subjective opinion.

http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/12...tte-C6-Z06.htm
HAHAHAHA.... He said, "This car is like herpes".....lol.... Watch the video and you'll know what im talking about... lol..
Old Jan 4, 2007, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

All of these close minded import boyz need to suck up and face the facts,

the C6 Z06 is an amazing stock car for the price.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 08:49 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by SilverNine
HAHAHAHA.... He said, "This car is like herpes".....lol.... Watch the video and you'll know what im talking about... lol..

Clarksons like many people on this site but instead of wanting to blow everything JDM he's got a hard on for European cars. When you get down to *****ing about the rubber on the stock car, you know you're just grasping for anything to bash the car over.

Quick Reply: 100% Stock 06 Z06 Corvette doing 10.80s with drag radials on ?