Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

fastest street daily driven evo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2007, 05:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude i wasn't talking about you I clearly know you were kidding, I was talking about pure player wanny be.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jasil
These threads can be fun what is a street driven car? For me it's all the seats, radio, windows that work, carpet, A/C, one more time A/C, full exhaust, and can run it's times on pump with methanol. Evolunchbox fit's that 10.8@135 on Meth with A/C maybe he'll chime in and correct me.

I don't know who fit's those it's seems like all of the fast EVO's are air conditionless or run there times on 100% VP116$$$$ can't drive 400 miles on that let alone round trip. With meth. you can!
Perhaps you may want to "specify" in regards to that, as you wrote what is a street driven car?

* A car that is legally registered and be able to drive it in public roads.
* A car insured
* A car that you can drive once a month/once a year.
* A car that not "necessarily" carries A/C unit. ( As what you wrote "states" street driven)

There are many variables for that, you have to be a little bit more specific in regards to that, as I'm sure there are a lot of 7 sec "street driven" cars outhere.

My .02 cents.

-Jesus
Old Jan 27, 2007, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ProccoEVO
I have all the seats, radio, windows that work, A/C, full exhaust,but ac compressor is temporary remove for belt issues other than that i can have my ac working as soon as i want ,there's more than 100 people that see me drive my car to the track ,race it and drive it back home any giving day so please don't star any s--t here! I am sorry your viper don't stand a chance to perform the ET that my street evo do
Your car is fast as hell the fastest 40R time with/without nitrous!! Showing your age with little comments like that though

Last edited by Jasil; Jan 27, 2007 at 07:30 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JesusR
Perhaps you may want to "specify" in regards to that, as you wrote what is a street driven car?

* A car that is legally registered and be able to drive it in public roads.
* A car insured
* A car that you can drive once a month/once a year.
* A car that not "necessarily" carries A/C unit. ( As what you wrote "states" street driven)

There are many variables for that, you have to be a little bit more specific in regards to that, as I'm sure there are a lot of 7 sec "street driven" cars outhere.

My .02 cents.

-Jesus
Everyone is different obviously. There are videos of Harken's 8.2@169mph camaro driving on the streets I don't call it a street car. There are videos of Heffners 7.75@180mph Viper on the street on low boost 20lbs, but I don't call it a street car either. lnsurance, registration, is a given IMO and A/C is a must for me. I live in the south and it is like the surface of the Sun in summer time I wouldn't enjoy a car sitting in traffic when it's 100 degrees with no A/C. Same goes if the performance can only be had on race gas or runs a open exhaust all the time.

Everyone is different no reason to debate this there are some very fast street EVO's. Jesus are you going to race Willie again? Or is there too much bad blood now? You should set that up Procco vs Willie.

Last edited by Jasil; Jan 27, 2007 at 07:31 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

So the fact that has drives the car daily on the street, you know to and from work, doesn't make it the fastest street driven evo?
Old Jan 27, 2007, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

street driven- technically driven on the street. but ams drives the race car on the street when they are bored. but i dont think it makes it a street car. if it driven as a DD to and from work its generally your prime mover i think its a street car. if u can drive it around all day everyday hell yes its a street car. but i think there are going to be alot of diffrent opinions on this. but none the less that is a nasty evo and its fast as hell. be safe on the streets
Old Jan 27, 2007, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

A worthless debate

Everyones race car could be street driven. Everyones car could be ensured. Everyones car could be driven daily. Many people will not drive it as the primary vehicle for tons of reasons. One, roll cages arent comfortable... niether are window nets, harness belts, hard suspension, etc... Another thing is people dont like to burn up drag radials or slicks by driving it a ton. I dont drive my tow vehicle daily... I dont even always drive it in a week. So that vehicle isnt considered a street driven truck or what?

Proccos car is quick Nice job and I hope to see you beat some of the big shop cars. More so Id like to see a privateer do it... a car built for personal use, funded by themselves and not a company. But in the end... it doesnt matter who built it, how they built it, who drove it, etc... all that matters is the little cash register reciept you get when you drive back from the 1/4 and it is in the single digits
Old Jan 27, 2007, 02:29 PM

Everyone is different obviously. There are videos of Harken's 8.2@169mph camaro driving on the streets I don't call it a street car. There are videos of Heffners 7.75@180mph Viper on the street on low boost 20lbs, but I don't call it a street car either. lnsurance, registration, is a given IMO and A/C is a must for me. I live in the south and it is like the surface of the Sun in summer time I wouldn't enjoy a car sitting in traffic when it's 100 degrees with no A/C. Same goes if the performance can only be had on race gas or runs a open exhaust all the time.

Everyone is different no reason to debate this there are some very fast street EVO's. Jesus are you going to race Willie again? Or is there too much bad blood now? You should set that up Procco vs Willie.
About the race with Willie, we will race at some point as we couldn't agree in certain terms, so eventually we will race.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 08:56 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by TrinaBabe
A worthless debate

Everyones race car could be street driven. Everyones car could be ensured. Everyones car could be driven daily. Many people will not drive it as the primary vehicle for tons of reasons. One, roll cages arent comfortable... niether are window nets, harness belts, hard suspension, etc... Another thing is people dont like to burn up drag radials or slicks by driving it a ton. I dont drive my tow vehicle daily... I dont even always drive it in a week. So that vehicle isnt considered a street driven truck or what?

Proccos car is quick Nice job and I hope to see you beat some of the big shop cars. More so Id like to see a privateer do it... a car built for personal use, funded by themselves and not a company. But in the end... it doesnt matter who built it, how they built it, who drove it, etc... all that matters is the little cash register reciept you get when you drive back from the 1/4 and it is in the single digits
Great post. 'street drivable' is all about how much crap you can put up with. There's a video floating around of a front halved slicked and skinny rolling stang with a chute driving around on the streets and ordering food at a drive through. .
Old Jan 28, 2007, 05:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by flabarm
So the fact that has drives the car daily on the street, you know to and from work, doesn't make it the fastest street driven evo?
that's is my point

Originally Posted by purevibez
street driven- technically driven on the street. but ams drives the race car on the street when they are bored. but i dont think it makes it a street car. if it driven as a DD to and from work its generally your prime mover i think its a street car. if u can drive it around all day everyday hell yes its a street car. but i think there are going to be alot of diffrent opinions on this. but none the less that is a nasty evo and its fast as hell. be safe on the streets

thanks for the input

P.S.
Well it doesn't matter, I will keep having fun by driving my evo in the streets
Anyway I got to advertise my pizza shop!

Last edited by ProccoEVO; Jan 28, 2007 at 05:34 AM.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 06:32 AM

Procco, Papa if your car had no hood, no muffler, your tailights busted, y tuerto, it would be Street legal and a daily driver en la Isla LOL

Hablamos Pana
Old Jan 28, 2007, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I don't know if im the fastest but im a dailydriver and im driving to FL in my EVO
Old Jan 30, 2007, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

guys i wasnt hating lol..

but posting in all caps is against my religion.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pure Playaer

but posting in all caps is against my religion.

true story
Old Jan 30, 2007, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

These threads can be fun what is a street driven car? For me it's all the seats, radio, windows that work, carpet, A/C, one more time A/C, full exhaust, and can run it's times on pump with methanol.

i daily drive a base model 99 ford ranger, to and from work. it didn't come with A/C from the factory. does this mean it's not street driven?

Quick Reply: fastest street daily driven evo