Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

1/4 mile run good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2007, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1/4 mile run good or bad?

Well im new to EvoM and Im just wondering if my times at the strip are bad, good, or average. I have a 03 Evo with about 51,000 miles and the only mods I have are an intake with lower and upper intercooler pipes, Full turboback exhaust with downpipe and all, and a Exedy Twin Plate clutch. The car has never been flashed and yes I know I need it. Any feedback would be great

R/T: .546
60: 1.803
330: 5.427
1/8: 8.4
MPH: 83.06
1000: 11.1
1/4: 13.2
MPH: 101.97
Old Mar 21, 2007, 02:04 PM

This seems a little slow in my opinion! i would think you should trap higher than almost 102 mph! you might be in desperate need of a flash...but you already knew that!!!
Old Mar 21, 2007, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's ok, I guess. Please search next time so that you don't start off by asking a question when all the info is right here for you to see.

I don't understand how you have a $1500 clutch and useless IC pipes/intake but no tune or MBC. Why do that to your Evo, eh? You could be almost a second faster with the same money spent had it been spent more wisely.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

First, search there are a lot of posts about this.

Your times are not good, but ok. With an Exedy TD you should have better 60' times, and your trap is low. Get it flashed and practice driving and your ETs will drop.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Well I ran more then once but the highest mph I achevied was 105.84 but I actually ran slower Im guessing due to slight wheel spin of some sort. About the flash I am highly considering Jester.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

Warrtalon the reason I have the clutch is because the factory one went out and the intake I got for a good price so I did not sweat it I was told that it would not harm anything and with a good flash it would have its gains.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

The reason Warr asks is because yes it will not hurt anything, but your wallet. If you have a lower HP evo you can get the similar if not the same performance out of a cheaper clutch for a fraction of the price. Now if you plan on building a 500hp monster down the road then you would have a good excuse, at least that is mine.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nothing wrong with getting the clutch, but it makes no sense to go through that expense and not even bother to get a basic flash. The intake could have been free and wouldn't have any use of being on the car. It certainly made no sense to install it before getting the flash, and it made even less sense to go to the track with those random mods and no tune. Bah, I get tired of saying it.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

I never knew that intake and exhaust would be random thats the first time I have ever heard that. Im sorry that were not all Evo gifted like Warrtalon some of us are fresh in the game and trying to get a general grab on things and learn as much as possible. If the intake was useless then its my bad for it we all screw up its part of life. So if their is anyone out their who will give me any pointers or tell me the next step in producing a sucessful evo then please chime in. But if you think your going to repeat yourself like Warrtalon has a millon times then please keep to yourself.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

How about this? YOU listen to the advice YOU elicited? Warrtalon nor anyone else asked you to come in here and post this did they? NO, so don't get sand in your vagina over the truthful(which evidently hurt your feelings) responses that YOU asked for. You never new an intake and exhaust without a flash was random because by the looks of the way your car is already modded you never asked or searched enough. Your car is 4 model years old, there's a pretty good chance someone out there had figured out by now how to go as fast as possible for as cheap as possible don't you think?
------steps off soapbox--------
Please make sure you don't have any leaks with those IC pipes, get a MBC and a flash, and try again. You will eventually be happy with your cars performance when you allow it to perform to it's max with what you have.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Just get it tuned and practice launching and you will turn mid 12's
Old Mar 21, 2007, 10:54 PM
Evolving Member

mdog I am aware that no one made me come in here and post this I am well aware of that. And no one asked you to make that stupid comment amount sand in the vagina Im sure that took alot of brains to come up with, do you feel more of a man now? The only useful thing you said was make sure there are no leaks, get a MBC, and flash. Everything else you said was pointless I guess you said it for the sake of your manhood however, thanks for the little advice you had. As far and flash goes I plan on Jester and the MBC I plan to get Hallman. To upstatescevo thanks for telling me that but my only concern about the whole lauch would be the TC case. I really dont have the whole clutch problem anymore that Evos have but the TC is still a issue.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

Only one person would consider that comment stupid, and it's likely the person with sand in the vagina. You're correct, it took tons of brains to figure that out and I am now the manliest man ever for pointing out your ignorance.
Dumb ricers. Just don't hurt yourself please.

Last edited by mdog; Mar 22, 2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mdog
How about this? YOU listen to the advice YOU elicited? Warrtalon nor anyone else asked you to come in here and post this did they? NO, so don't get sand in your vagina over the truthful(which evidently hurt your feelings) responses that YOU asked for. You never new an intake and exhaust without a flash was random because by the looks of the way your car is already modded you never asked or searched enough. Your car is 4 model years old, there's a pretty good chance someone out there had figured out by now how to go as fast as possible for as cheap as possible don't you think?
------steps off soapbox--------
Please make sure you don't have any leaks with those IC pipes, get a MBC and a flash, and try again. You will eventually be happy with your cars performance when you allow it to perform to it's max with what you have.

Why always harsh with the new guys?
Old Mar 22, 2007, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joehoo
Why always harsh with the new guys?
Agreed, the guy just asked a question, it's already been answered by warrtalon so there's no need for replies like mdog's. If he takes the advice given, good for him, if not, life goes on, he will keep driving his slow car. So let him do what he wants to do, no need to jump down his neck.

Quick Reply: 1/4 mile run good or bad?