Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

My RNR 50trim times from GLD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2007, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Doogie Howser
Nice run. I guess RNR can make some decent kits.
I don't really think the kits are that bad, they just need some massaging. It is usually the person installing the kit or a bad combination of parts which hinders performance. As you can see they make the power and are capable of low 11's on the right combo.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Creamo3
I don't really think the kits are that bad, they just need some massaging. It is usually the person installing the kit or a bad combination of parts which hinders performance. As you can see they make the power and are capable of low 11's on the right combo.

I think you can hit 11.1 or maybe a 10.9 . . . I would hope because I want a 50 trim but want to be able to hit 10s

good luck to ya, especially with a 1.6 or 1.7 60'

PM me who you got tuned by if you don't mind, I think I have you exact mods else where but if you don't mind send those again too
Old Apr 20, 2007, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Doogie Howser
Nice run. I guess RNR can make some decent kits.
Like Creamo said, the kits aren't that bad. Not perfect but certainly not horrible either. It seemed to be hit or miss for most people. RNR's customer service/shipping is where most of the problems lied.

I had no major fitment issues with my kit. The massaging Creamo is referring to came mostly with the o2 housing. At least for myself anyway. I had to put my die grinder to work smoothing out a couple spots. Other than that, I have no complaints. I'm just glad we got that lifetime warranty on the manifold....oh they're out of business you say?
Old Apr 20, 2007, 06:45 PM

LOL. 1.76 doesn't sound like a lousy 60' to me.

But I've got FWD on street tires.. lol.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
125MPH, wow dude, you are balling!!!
Old Apr 21, 2007, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Duby
I think you can hit 11.1 or maybe a 10.9 . . . I would hope because I want a 50 trim but want to be able to hit 10s

good luck to ya, especially with a 1.6 or 1.7 60'

PM me who you got tuned by if you don't mind, I think I have you exact mods else where but if you don't mind send those again too
Dynoflash road tune
Old Apr 21, 2007, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
That is amazing dude, you are making serious power on an ancient turbo too. I was hoping you would hit some 10's, I bet you could with practice. You may also wana look into a BB 50trim to swap on for faster spool and it keeps the boost higher between shifts I bet your time would lower some as well not to mention a better torque curve. Buit yeah 125MPH is optimal for a 50 Trim, and even more amazing on an RNR manifold!!!

At that power level, do you feel the HDSS is giving way or slipping at all?
Old Apr 21, 2007, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
That is amazing dude, you are making serious power on an ancient turbo too. I was hoping you would hit some 10's, I bet you could with practice. You may also wana look into a BB 50trim to swap on for faster spool and it keeps the boost higher between shifts I bet your time would lower some as well not to mention a better torque curve. Buit yeah 125MPH is optimal for a 50 Trim, and even more amazing on an RNR manifold!!!

At that power level, do you feel the HDSS is giving way or slipping at all?
Actually, DSMLink has a no lift to shift feature that allows me to keep the throttle floored from start to finish. I'm out of town right now so I can't check my logs, but I'm pretty sure boost dropped no lower than 17-18psi between shifts. Boost recovery is pretty much instant because of this. With that said, you would think I could have pulled a better ET. Problem I'm having now is just putting the power to the ground in 1st. I lose traction, revs sky rocket to 8k and instead of just backing off the gas a little, I would try shifting to 2nd. Only to have it bog and have to wait for the turbo to respool. It's just going to take some time relearning how to launch with this turbo. I got pretty good at cutting 1.6's with the stock turbo. Even had a 1.59 once and these have all been on 255/35-18 tires. It's frustrating to say the least.

EDIT: As for hitting 10's, I'm an optimist but I seriously doubt that's going to happen. It's going to take a hell of a driving improvement, a better clutch, and more power for that to happen.

Last edited by HmanEVO; Jun 5, 2007 at 08:10 AM.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 03:39 AM
Evolved Member

I am looking at a used one of these, do you have any logs of spool?
Old Jun 5, 2007, 04:04 AM
Evolved Member

great trap speed you can be much lower in the 11's with a good launch/traction. on a side note what front lip is that? anyway congrats on the runs that car runs as well as it looks!
Old Jun 5, 2007, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4ringturncoat
I am looking at a used one of these, do you have any logs of spool?
Yes I do. I'll have to do some searching but I'll post some screen shots here later this morning.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 08:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you been to the dyno??? If so what are you making?
Old Jun 5, 2007, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

This log is from a 3rd gear pull back in March well before my final tune and track visit in April. I went full throttle at 3.4k. Target boost was 26psi. I'm now running 28psi. The screen shots are a little more blurry than I would like but you can still make it out.

20psi @ 4.2k

26.4psi @ 4.5k

This just shows that it's still holding 26psi @ 7.5k. It creeps up to around 27.5 psi in the middle.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JordanS4
great trap speed you can be much lower in the 11's with a good launch/traction. on a side note what front lip is that? anyway congrats on the runs that car runs as well as it looks!
Thanks. The lip is the do-luck ebay replica.

Originally Posted by HEAD DYNAMICS
Have you been to the dyno??? If so what are you making?
I've yet to dyno the car. I do my own tuning so I never really had a reason too. I might someday though for ****s.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
Nice runs....now how about we go and lay the smack down on the FP Green guys???
Both of you guys sure have the power to. lets see it.

Quick Reply: My RNR 50trim times from GLD