Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Just got my new Slicks

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2007, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got my new Slicks

I had the Hoosier Quick Time Pros which were DOT 26" is just to tall plus ya got to burn them out to heat them up. I gave AMS a call and they are running the Mickey Thompson Slicks which require no burnout to grab. We also found a way to lock up the ACD like a 4 wheel drive so it wont do front wheel burnouts than the rears would lock 2 sec later.
Old May 24, 2007, 07:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ifarted2

I had the Hoosier Quick Time Pros which were DOT 26" is just to tall plus ya got to burn them out to heat them up. I gave AMS a call and they are running the Mickey Thompson Slicks which require no burnout to grab. We also found a way to lock up the ACD like a 4 wheel drive so it wont do front wheel burnouts than the rears would lock 2 sec later.
Very nice car. It sounds like it has a dog box in it and a sequential shifter in the video. It sounded like it made that dogbox clank when putting it into gear and then it downshifted after the run like a sequential shifter. You will like the ET streets. From what everyone says they are good for atleast a tenth on the 60ft.

Keith
Old May 24, 2007, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

The Tilton lets me shift like that Shoot for 2 of the Tilton clutches i could have gotten a Dog Box
I'm excited to run these tires. Ive set my Aem to limit boost till i hit 23 mph. It will be nice to let her rip off the line
Old May 24, 2007, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

dude ahahaha you're like totally serious- that's awesome!!!!! I'm all for the average joe's this year and right now they're dominating the list. Shop cars are going to run soon and get into the 8's again - so get goin brutha!!!!!
Old May 24, 2007, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smp3000
dude ahahaha you're like totally serious- that's awesome!!!!! I'm all for the average joe's this year and right now they're dominating the list. Shop cars are going to run soon and get into the 8's again - so get goin brutha!!!!!
Extreme Turbo Systems has my 42r on the way and is going to fab up my kit here at the end of June! I'm going to run VP Import gas and going all out till i get my #s
Old May 24, 2007, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Off topic, but just wondering what camera is that in your car on that run and how much did it cost? Thanks.
Old May 24, 2007, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by midwestmonster
Off topic, but just wondering what camera is that in your car on that run and how much did it cost? Thanks.
I got the camera from Best Buy for $235 and the Camera Mount off a Evom member for $150
Old May 25, 2007, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

Good luck man. Hope to see you hit 9's this summer. Or even 8's.
Old May 25, 2007, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ifarted2

yeah Hoosiers are pretty good up to a point, personally I liked the MT ET streets better which are a drag radial. I'm curious to see how the acd thing works out for you.. i like the fronts to spin a bit
Old May 25, 2007, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

What happens is the fronts spin so bad that i miss 2nd gear now if i do a real wheel drive burnout in the box and get up to line and go all 4 lock up
Old May 25, 2007, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

slicks......, here comes 9's.
Old May 25, 2007, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

good luck.... can't wait to see the new times
Old May 25, 2007, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Ifarted, nice wheels and tires bro those traklights are badass, wish they made them in 17s for an evo!! Anyway goodluck with 9s man!
Old May 26, 2007, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

get off the damn internet paul and get to the track. I'm not gonna sit here and watch you internet race anymore. you been talking 9's for 2 months now, so go out and get it. If I was in town I'd come down to race too, oh well good luck this weekend though
Old May 26, 2007, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by uglyevo
get off the damn internet paul and get to the track. I'm not gonna sit here and watch you internet race anymore. you been talking 9's for 2 months now, so go out and get it. If I was in town I'd come down to race too, oh well good luck this weekend though
Get back to Portland and detail my rigs!
Nah clutch is at Tilton this week and ive got the tranny apart putting in the evo 9 1st gear and input shaft. I overheated my input shaft

Ya know it cost me about $1000 a week to race between clutches and labor and parts...o and race gas

Quick Reply: Just got my new Slicks