Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

New CFT Black EVO Race car Spy Shots...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2007, 09:49 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tunedbycft
The car will be at the edge of the scale for the NHRA Hot Rod Class Rules...

It will be full race...but still will take it out to the street on the C16 engine to have some fun...

thanks for the suggestions....

CFT
Hot Rod class - wow - those are some really fast cars - best of luck !

See you at Englishtown again some day soon I hope

AL
Old Jun 26, 2007, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

When are you going to be testing the car at the track? If it's this Friday I will go and see this for myself...
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Good luck
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
CFT - it will be good to see you at the races with the evo -

From what I can see if you want to become conpetative with the other fast evos you will need some serious weight reduction - e.g. snap on thin plastic doors and mega gutting . . . etc - any thoughts on what your plans are in that regard ?

I am rather torn as to what to do - my car weights 3300 lbs with me in it - I am not sure I want to cut it up significantly and for example remove the wiring harness etc as one day I may want to turnb it back into a street going evo

Not to mention most forms of organized legitamate drag racing have limitations on what is allowed to enter clases that I like to race in

I am weighing (pardon my play on words) my options
go with the lightest cf trunk, hood, roof and doors with lexan windows, and then you can always throw on the stock ones.

and if every wanted to throw in another driver. just see how it compares to all the other gt42 cars
Old Jun 27, 2007, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I just wonder these people get so much money. These are not normal people with these cars - that's for sure.

Procco, I never knew the restaurant industry could be so lucrative!!
Old Jun 27, 2007, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

hmm well please keep me updated on your times. I'd like to see you guys on the list!!!! (see signature)
Old Jun 27, 2007, 08:02 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Because the Microtech instruction manual comes en espanol.
I would suggest becuase CFT has been racing at the track and tuning with the microtech since before most of the so called tuners got a driver's license

AEM has a lot of bugs and issues

Microtech is a very good set up but you have to do some wiring and confiuration as with any true stand alone

Al
Old Jun 27, 2007, 08:05 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I just wonder these people get so much money. These are not normal people with these cars - that's for sure.

Procco, I never knew the restaurant industry could be so lucrative!!
Most people who do this are not rational and have some form of mental illness or addcition which forces them to engage in irrational activities and spend money they do not have in pursuit of something that means nothing

(I know I am one of those sickos - or addicts who lives only to race and modify)
Old Jun 27, 2007, 08:09 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by tunedbycft
The car will be at the edge of the scale for the NHRA Hot Rod Class Rules...

It will be full race...but still will take it out to the street on the C16 engine to have some fun...

thanks for the suggestions....

CFT
I admire your objective to actually race the car in a form of legitamate an d organized motorsports

Lately many of the fast evos have become mutilations which are not legal to race in any import class

Going fast is good - but IMHO it is very important to access WHAT has been done to achive a certain time

This is why an organized race with UNIFORM weight and tech rules levels the plahying field and makes for good competition
Old Jun 27, 2007, 08:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Most people who do this are not rational and have some form of mental illness or addcition which forces them to engage in irrational activities and spend money they do not have in pursuit of something that means nothing

(I know I am one of those sickos - or addicts who lives only to race and modify)

I have a sickness myself for sure.. I stopped with the cars about 4-5 years ago and then played with landspeed bikes.. now i got the itch again and what a platform the evo is.. I couldnt resist..
Old Jun 27, 2007, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

I would suggest becuase CFT has been racing at the track and tuning with the microtech since before most of the so called tuners got a driver's license

Microtech is a very good set up but you have to do some wiring and confiuration as with any true stand alone

Al
Thanks for clearing that up Al.....how would you compare Microtech to Motec and Autronic?
Old Jun 27, 2007, 08:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Al

the microtech is a great system.. it took about 2 days to figure out tuning wise and I am sure i dont know its full capability but i got my turbo busa to run 236.9mph and it had more in it too.. just not geared for more..
Old Jun 27, 2007, 09:34 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Al
Rolo has been tuning microtech with much success for many years. It seems it matters little what platform, they have used it. It is true however that this would be the first Evo I have heard of using it. I would like to see what he can do with it on the Evo and look forward to the progress.

Simply an inside joke for our friends at CFT "cey-efay-tay"
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:23 PM
Former Sponsor

response

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Rolo has been tuning microtech with much success for many years. It seems it matters little what platform, they have used it. It is true however that this would be the first Evo I have heard of using it. I would like to see what he can do with it on the Evo and look forward to the progress.

Simply an inside joke for our friends at CFT "cey-efay-tay"
Like a great artist said (Martin Lawrence in Blue Streak)

Tengo el gato grande en los pantalones... Translation = I got a big cat in my pants.... hahahaha not related just funny...

We've done a couple of evo's with great results... There is an EVO at PR makes over 800hp wiht a Microtech which we help with technical advice (Chuco's EVO).

Procco car when it came out in 04 had a Microtech but then we switch over to AEM...

It is not a plug and play that is the only bad thing about it... but it is a true Stand Alone Computer... Doesn't have as many features as Motec but you can extract same amount of power with both of them... Motec and Microtech are both made in Australia they seem to dominate the Stand alone market...

We've used Microtech for a lot of years... we are really good with it so why not use it...

Thanks for asking

CFT
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:44 PM
Former Sponsor

response

I admire your objective to actually race the car in a form of legitamate an d organized motorsports

Lately many of the fast evos have become mutilations which are not legal to race in any import class

Going fast is good - but IMHO it is very important to access WHAT has been done to achive a certain time

This is why an organized race with UNIFORM weight and tech rules levels the plahying field and makes for good competition

thanks man we appreciate those comments...

We think that the drag racing has slow down a little bit with the drift and time attacks....

We need to spark the fire a little bit and what better way than to bring as many cars as possible to NHRA race events....

So I will like to take the opportunity to encourage other racers to do the same...

Like Al said you will see us most of the time at the events so if you are not going to race at least support the sport and go watch... Pass the word around.... Thanks....

We just finish putting the engine inside the car and wired the Microtech... Hopefully will turn on tomorrow...I will keep you guys posted...

Sincerely

CFT

Quick Reply: New CFT Black EVO Race car Spy Shots...