Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Does these results seem right?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2007, 01:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does these results seem right?

I finally raced my buddies pullied '03 cobra from a 25mph roll on a private road tonight and I can't decide if the results are what they should be so I'm looking for some other opinions. My car put down 325whp on a dyno dynamics and I'm pushing 24psi on approximately 94 octane. I just have the regular bolt-ons...tbe,intake,mbc,tune,fuel pump,injectors,o2 housing,licp. He claims his car only has a CAI, catback, and a 2.76 pulley but no tune or midpipe. I always thought cobras don't run properly w/o a tune and a small pulley, correct me if I'm wrong so I think he must have a diablo sport predator or something similar. Anyway, we did two pulls to about 120mph and I beat him by two cars the first time and one car the second time. From a dig the evo just walks away, but from a roll do these results seem normal?
Old Sep 4, 2007, 04:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The driver makes the car.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is not drag racing, and I can't believe you blatantly posted a street racing thread without hesitation. Not a smart thing to do...
Old Sep 4, 2007, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
This is not drag racing, and I can't believe you blatantly posted a street racing thread without hesitation. Not a smart thing to do...
i cant believe you waste your time still replying to threads like this with answers like that...

not that it would get approved, but you should submit your application for moderator... maybe that way, comments like this may be taken seriously.

TO THE OP, street racing is a quick way to get banned on this site, so just be very careful on the line that you walk with it.... a private road is a good place to start.
Anyhow, pulling on a cobra is not all that difficult with the bolt ons and tune of an evo. If he wasnt tuned, that could be the reason as well. Im curious as to why you have injectors though ?
Old Sep 4, 2007, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

I don't need to be a moderator to tell someone they're blatantly breaking the rules. This thread will be gone, and he'll get a warning.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

i dont think he said street racing... he said private road. Maybe he has a big piece of farm land with a nice long paved strip in it and him and his buddy were running there.

As far as what you said, i agree with you in two points
1 - i dont need to be a moderator
2 - i dont need to tell someone they're blatantly breaking the rules

you are not a moderator, but patrol the boards like you are one. you are not related to anyone here and arent parenting anyone, so you dont need to be running around telling people what they can and cant do. Contrary to your belief, noone wants to hear your negative responses. It was nice a week or so ago when all you had to say was helpful comments. Apparently you are back to normal again.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 08:19 AM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
"Private road" or not, this is still street racing.

Closed, warned, etc.