Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

10.6 at SIR in Tucson AZ

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2007, 09:33 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
10.6 at SIR in Tucson AZ

The final stage to our customer's EVO was to take it to the drag strip and prove that it could make a decent time. Keep in mind, this is a street driven car, no cage, harnesses, light weight special parts, etc. The goal was to make a powerful EVO that was very streetable and respectable at the track. It was exciting for is since this was one of our first BIG Evo builds. Since we do not have a cage in this EVO we were not able to make additional passes after breaking the 11.50 mark due to safety reasons. We knew this ahead of time and were able to play with the 1/8th mile a bit. People started to look at us like we were weird running a 11.9 @78 mph, lol. In the end our best time was a 10.66 @132 mph. We're happy with the results, as is the customer. We sell every item found on this spec sheet:

2006 EVO MR
Stock body, no CF or crazy light weight items (breaks, rims, fenders, hood, trunk, etc) 3500 on the scale at the track
Magnus 2.0L Longblock
67P Trim turbo kit
1000cc PTE injectors
AEM EMS, tuned in house

Track Specs:
88 degrees
3000 ft elevation
SIR in Tucson

All runs were done on 100% turbo, no nitrous. Although the car has nitrous too. We're not out to prove we are the fastest(which we are not). We're just here to meet our customer's wants and desires. Special thanks to our video contributors Ryan and Gabe and to PJ for the jacket

here is the video

Last edited by IA Performance; Sep 5, 2007 at 11:30 AM.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Big Congrats on the track results!

Nice build-up

Care to share what cams if any and what clutch you guys run.

Hope to be about the same et range once we get the built 2.0l shortblock back in next week!
Old Sep 5, 2007, 11:07 AM
Former Vendor

Thank you very Much!! We used the Cosworth M2 camshafts and as for the Clutch Exedy Triple Disc Cerametallic if you haven't swapped your TC for an upgraded one I would highly recommend it
Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IA Performance
Thank you very Much!! We used the Cosworth M2 camshafts and as for the Clutch Exedy Triple Disc Cerametallic if you haven't swapped your TC for an upgraded one I would highly recommend it

Nice job guys! I 'm running the same clutch so recomended tc upgrade!
Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

Was the 3500 lbs with driver I hope? That's a sick car, good job!!
Old Sep 5, 2007, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

I'm assuming you speak from experience

Does that triple disc bite REALLY hard

I think i'll run an ACT HD w/ a 6 puck sprung until i experience drive-train fatalities.

At that point i'll see what to upgrade.

How fast do you think it'll go in this trim?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Very nice time!!

Whats TC ? Transfer Case ?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 03:25 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by fastrob691
Was the 3500 lbs with driver I hope? That's a sick car, good job!!
Hi Rob!! Yes that was with Driver.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 03:41 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
I'm assuming you speak from experience

Does that triple disc bite REALLY hard

I think i'll run an ACT HD w/ a 6 puck sprung until i experience drive-train fatalities.

At that point i'll see what to upgrade.

How fast do you think it'll go in this trim?

First time out on the 2nd Launch we blew up the Stocker...pretty good too

We put in a Stage 3 Shep Transfer Case and no issues so far.

Triple was more like the stock clutch and has really smooth engagement if your clutch is good you should be ok for now.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 03:54 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ifarted2
Very nice time!!

Whats TC ? Transfer Case ?
Correct!!!!!
Old Sep 5, 2007, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Correct!!!!!
No need to upgrade the TC. The factory one is stout. Plus you guys have the Helical in your being a 06.

Ive cut 1.4 60fts and ran over 500 launches at the track with no problems
Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:27 PM
Former Vendor

ifarted2 - normally this is correct, but our car seemed to have some gremlins from the factory. We swapped out our TC after the back lash was found to be out of factory spec and past the point of repair. New R/P were needed, we figured toss in a quaife and REM R/P and have zero issues down the road. Granted, this was a Mexico (not New Mexico) MR. There were quite a few things on it that left us scratching our heads (missing parts mainly). I guess everyone has different luck. I think this is the fastest EVO in Mexico now, granted this is just a guess.

500 passes, that means you've gone down the drag strip 5 times every weekend for the past 2 years (104 weeks) solid. Not even taking a break for holidays. You're an animal (sarcasism filled, no harm intended).

Stephen
Old Sep 6, 2007, 03:32 AM
Evolved Member

Did he shift into 5th during that pass.?
Old Sep 6, 2007, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

ifarted2 - normally this is correct, but our car seemed to have some gremlins from the factory. We swapped out our TC after the back lash was found to be out of factory spec and past the point of repair. New R/P were needed, we figured toss in a quaife and REM R/P and have zero issues down the road. Granted, this was a Mexico (not New Mexico) MR. There were quite a few things on it that left us scratching our heads (missing parts mainly). I guess everyone has different luck. I think this is the fastest EVO in Mexico now, granted this is just a guess.

500 passes, that means you've gone down the drag strip 5 times every weekend for the past 2 years (104 weeks) solid. Not even taking a break for holidays. You're an animal (sarcasism filled, no harm intended).

Stephen
WOW sorry to hear about all that drama ......i'm sure it was a big surprise to find parts missing and tolerances out of spec

Thanks for clearing that up as i too was under the impression that our 06's had a little bit more beef to hold up to launches.

Reason i ? so much about clutch selection is that on my prior 03 Cobra's it was a task getting 4000 lbs off the line smoothly w/o shocking the drivetrain too much.

I ran a Centerforce DFX clutch w/ a 6 puck sprung hub on DR's and was able to get the car to 60 in the 1.5x's w/ a fairly stock suspension.

Hope the EVO can do something similar
Old Sep 7, 2007, 10:51 PM
Account Disabled

So how much did that setup cost in total?

Mind PMing me the details on what something like that would run?

Thanks