Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

First time at the track with my IX MR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2007 | 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4 Wheel Slide
how are you spinning while trapping only 104...

i barely did it when i was 112 traps
not because of power, because of the waterbox and the cold track. temperature was 61 degrees, and there's no way to avoid the waterbox at that track. they laid down a puddle before every run. that's the first time i've ever spun the tires in that car on a launch.
Old Oct 22, 2007 | 12:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Getting your 60' back down to 1.8 on the 13.15 with the 2.0 will get you a 12. Its just a matter of how deep into the 12's you want to go. Is it a catback or turboback HKS?
it's just a carbon ti catback. i've got that and a dirty k&n filter. i just want to prove to the people around here that not only can the car do 12's stock, but i can get it there.

the truth is, i want to beat a friend of mine. he's already said many times that his car is faster than mine, and it should beat it. he's got an 06 Sti with a turboback, intake, and tune...his best time at the same track was a 13.0 with a 1.7 or 1.8 60'. i want to beat him the way the car sits.

those are the only two reasons i even brought my car out there. i'm not a drag racer, and don't want to be one. i'm an autocross/road race guy. i just have something to prove with this drag racing thing. i've never done this before, so i'd say i did okay for my first time on a ****ty track. in the two years and 50k miles i've had the car, i've launched it maybe 10 times at most.

anyway, i wish i would have hit my 12's so i wouldn't have to go back to the drag strip again lol one more trip should do it.
Old Oct 22, 2007 | 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Dont get wet first and you'll do it, it's that simple. Different track or somehow do not get tires wet first. And practice...
Old Oct 22, 2007 | 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JakeTheVIII
Dont get wet first and you'll do it, it's that simple. Different track or somehow do not get tires wet first. And practice...
yeah i know. i'm gonna go to a different track. at this track there's no way to avoid the waterbox. believe me, i tried.
Old Oct 22, 2007 | 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

obviously you are adamant about not adding anymore mods, but i would strongly suggest getting a tune. Even a basic email "base" tune will have you running better and i'll bet you that you will break 12s w/ that alone. Its really not a "mod" its you 'tuning' your current set-up to a better state of tune. In fact i bet just you getting a tactrix cable and raising the 2-step yourself would net you the 12 because you can launch the car easier. I've seen it done w/ low 105 traps, but i dont think its "easy" and definately hard to be consistent at it. If you are scared about raising your boost level, keep it the same w a base flash. All they do is fine tune the fuel/timing maps, give u flexibility w launch control, adjust limiters etc...
Old Oct 22, 2007 | 10:32 PM

decent times for the only mods you got
Old Oct 23, 2007 | 01:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ODUB
it's just a carbon ti catback. i've got that and a dirty k&n filter. i just want to prove to the people around here that not only can the car do 12's stock, but i can get it there.
Your car isn't stock so why are you trying to proove this? Get your car tuned or at least get the limiter raised up. Just raising the limiter will help you launch the car better.
Old Oct 23, 2007 | 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Corey
Your car isn't stock so why are you trying to proove this? Get your car tuned or at least get the limiter raised up. Just raising the limiter will help you launch the car better.
trying to prove something to myself. i want to break 12's the way the car sits. if i can find one, i'm gonna go back to stock air filter before i run again. a buddy of mine with an EVO IX (non MR) did 12.92 with just exhaust. the same one i have. I want to see if i can do it too.
Old Oct 24, 2007 | 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

i need to stop running at night in 50* weather

Last edited by ODUB; Oct 25, 2007 at 11:39 AM.