Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

No Excuses rules discussion - I have a question

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2008, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
That race is called the DSM shootout and its in August. We will be there with 3 cars and well be on top of our game, ready to race, NO EXCUSES!!
So is it safe to say your bringing home the trophies?
Old May 30, 2008, 03:50 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
That race is called the DSM shootout and its in August. We will be there with 3 cars and well be on top of our game, ready to race, NO EXCUSES!!
I agree

The DSM Shotout is the place and time

One point - not directed to you but a general obsevration - all this tension and hating between the various parties is counterproductive and not needed in Ohio

Everyone there in past years gets along and has a great time as fellow racers and enjoys the spriit of shared interest and passion for cars

It would be a shame to have the wonderful experience there ruined by a few bad apples

I hope everyone who comes comes with the right frame of mind - win, loose or draw its having fun playing the game that counts the most

Al
Old May 30, 2008, 04:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by supa_89
So is it safe to say your bringing home the trophies?

Nope.. Its safe to say we will be there with 3 cars and will give it all we have.. I am no pro-tree master but i will give it everything i have to run the best times possible, have fun, and go rounds..
Old May 30, 2008, 04:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
I agree

The DSM Shotout is the place and time

One point - not directed to you but a general obsevration - all this tension and hating between the various parties is counterproductive and not needed in Ohio

Everyone there in past years gets along and has a great time as fellow racers and enjoys the spriit of shared interest and passion for cars

It would be a shame to have the wonderful experience there ruined by a few bad apples

I hope everyone who comes comes with the right frame of mind - win, loose or draw its having fun playing the game that counts the most

Al

I am sure once everyone gets together at the event and can shake hands and meet face to face all will go fine.. Let the cars speak for themselves.. 1st to the end the track is all that matters!!
Old May 30, 2008, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Mike that is correct and I didn't touch on that. The ET light at the end of the track if the car is low will also trip the ET light early with the front fascia. There are a lot of guys that play that game and hit the brakes right at the ET stripe, tripping the lights early.

I just measured our car from the tip of the fascia to the back of the front tire, it is 3.5' difference.
. . .
EDITED -

I overheard a team at the Sport Compact Shootout tell their driver to pull the 'chute just before the lights. I didn't understand why at the time, but now I think I do.

Sure enough later that day that particular car popped the chute, even though most of the time they run they do not use it. Maybe they were trying to break a record? Is that considered "cheating" just like using real low bodywork?? Don't know the answer, just asking for clarification. Thanks!

Last edited by EVOlutionary; May 30, 2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old May 30, 2008, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul Nelson
Where out than. your one of the pioneers in the industry Marco. That was one reason for me and Lucas to go was to meet you in person
If I'm not mistaken sounds like a convenient excuse?
Paul I was really hoping to meet you and Lucas.
I'm still going to be there to race, meet and greet everyone.
NO EXCUSES!

Last edited by crispeed; May 30, 2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old May 30, 2008, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsnt
Ground clearance rules are NHRA general rules, not class specific. They apply to any car running at any track for accurate timing.
Roll cage and ALL safety rules are also NHRA general rules, not class specific. They apply to any car running at any track for everyone's safety. I say we throw out all times lower than 9,99 or over 135MPH that were run without a roll cage because the cars didn't meet NHRA rules.

You people can't just pick and choose rules that are in your favor. . . .

Last edited by EVOlutionary; May 30, 2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old May 30, 2008, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

save your energy for the track! let the numbers speak for themselves, and if you lose, then shake the guys hand and try to improve for next time...
Old May 30, 2008, 06:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evolved83
save your energy for the track! let the numbers speak for themselves, and if you lose, then shake the guys hand and try to improve for next time...

I agree..
Old May 30, 2008, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
I beg to differ, as a consumer, and the target audience for "the quickest Evo belongs to whatever shop" contest going on here, there are things I DO care about

Who makes the most HP

Who builds the toughest engines

who make good upgrades for drivetrain parts

Who makes good lightweight parts

Who is the best tuner

THEN, there's things I don't give a **** about

Who has a roll cage

Who's driver cuts the best 60's

Who's driver has the best r/t

Who's driver has the highest tolerance for hot coolant

Basically, if you're cheating the tree, I think you're just plain cheating and trying to make me think your car is actually better than it is... but if you have a more dependable rear axle or lack a roll cage or scattershield or battery kill switch, who cares? I'm not going to buy parts based on that.

Maybe if these things are that big of a deal, Buschur can add some rules to the quick 16 at DSM shootout to cover them... and Paul should make the drive and race even though he won't get to see Magnus
Old May 30, 2008, 07:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Liqquid
Paul should make the drive and race even though he won't get to see Magnus

Old May 30, 2008, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Liqquid
I beg to differ, as a consumer, and the target audience for "the quickest Evo belongs to whatever shop" contest going on here, there are things I DO care about

Who makes the most HP

Who builds the toughest engines

who make good upgrades for drivetrain parts

Who makes good lightweight parts

Who is the best tuner

THEN, there's things I don't give a **** about

Who has a roll cage

Who's driver cuts the best 60's

Who's driver has the best r/t

Who's driver has the highest tolerance for hot coolant

Basically, if you're cheating the tree, I think you're just plain cheating and trying to make me think your car is actually better than it is... but if you have a more dependable rear axle or lack a roll cage or scattershield or battery kill switch, who cares? I'm not going to buy parts based on that.

Maybe if these things are that big of a deal, Buschur can add some rules to the quick 16 at DSM shootout to cover them... and Paul should make the drive and race even though he won't get to see Magnus
Lol nice i want to go but doesn't look like Lucas is going. This is a 1-2week ordeal for us i have a home based business with employees. Lucas wold have to drive the cars down and i would fly. Total cost for me is around 5-8k$ fro gas to everything else. With allot of the NABR guys not going from what i hear and the constant fighting just seems like a trip where ill just end up at the Tit Bar for entertainment

I wish this was in Vegas. Much closer and Less for gas especially with gas getting over $5 a gallon( Diesel)
I know allot of people i really want to meet will be there like the east coast boys and Florida boys
Old May 30, 2008, 07:30 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
Roll cage and ALL safety rules are also NHRA general rules, not class specific. They apply to any car running at any track for everyone's safety. I say we throw out all times lower than 9,99 or over 135MPH that were run without a roll cage because the cars didn't meet NHRA rules.

Your point has a degree of validity, of course suppoting the saftey rules of our sport is important to mainatining our ability to have tracks available to run at.

However, I feel there is a huge distniction between a saftey rule and a rule which effects the timing of a car.

Al
Old May 30, 2008, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

I should have worded it differently.

Of course Buschur can pick and choose the rules that are in his favor. After all he's the one shelling out the $$$$$ to put on the event. It's HIS event. The ESA class is built around the parts he sells.

What I don't like is saying that we have to follow a certain rule BECAUSE its in the NHRA RULE BOOK. In that case we should have to follow EVERY rule in the NHRA rule book.

Rather than bringing up the whole NHRA thing, just ADD whatever rule you want to the DSM/EVO shootout rules without bringing NHRA into it. I agree that having a minimum height is a good rule to have for fairness, NOT just because NHRA says it should be that way . . .

I HATE the NHRA rules, and I hope the DSM/EVO shootout never adopts them (specifically the roll cage/kill switch rules).
Old May 30, 2008, 07:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Wow, i am out.. The NABR guys arent going.. Its a wash..

Quick Reply: No Excuses rules discussion - I have a question