Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

No Excuses rules discussion - I have a question

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2008, 08:15 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul Nelson
so everything you going to say to me today going to be a slam mike?

You are starting to look like Al following around David
I will be happy to follow David around for the rest of my days. After all his street driven full chassis Bad Bish is within 1.10th of your "race" vehicle. I consider it an honor to be even mentioned in the same sentance of a guy like David who has accomplished so much and been the innovator and pioner of so many things in the 4G63 community.

As for Mike and his team, they are real racers and they evidenced as much by traveling all the way from FL to NJ to attend the NOPI Spring Nationals.

Fellow racers admire and respect each other as they all understand the tremendous time, energy and financial commitment that attending and being competative at real races entails. That is why at a real race, real racers go out of their way to help each other with what ever they need to help the other guy get down the track.

At the end of the day there are not a lot of real racers in the scene. Long before you came on the scene, many years ago David was one of the founding pioneers of our sport and was going some insane speeds with technology that was way behind what is available these days.

I speak from total confidence when I make the assertion that I have won more RACES than anyone else in an Evo and I have all the trophies and plaques lining my basement walls to back it up. I have had some hard luck the past year or so since i went to the Gt42 but back in the day when the Evo first came out I was always out there kicking *** and having a blast racing my Evo.

As a fighter I am sure you understand the thought process that goes behind a true competitor. At the end of the day either you have the commitment and determination to see it through to the end or you dont. Please don't make up excuses on why you dont want to compete in the super bowl of Evo racing. Either you are in or you are out - end of story.

Al
Old May 30, 2008, 08:22 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 9sec240
Even if a car hung low enough in the front to trip the beams with the body, the moment they start to accelerate, the front of the car rises removing it from both beams at the same time effectively KILLING all the rollout they would normally have. In this scenario, the cars 60ft and ET would both suffer. This is assuming the car in question has more than a foot from the front of the tires to the front of the portion of the car blocking the staging beams. An Evo has to be over 2 feet.

Watching the vid of 06MR's run, you can clearly see that the staging lights go out one after the other. You can also clearly see the front of the car raise quite a bit on the launch (easily over the height of the beams).
I just wanted to remind you that the purpose of my thread was a general discussion about the concept of having a device on the car to alter the way the beam reads. I wanted to know what people thought about the subject - and that is all.

I was not and AM NOT calling anyone out or suggesting that anyone in PARTICULAR did anything improper.

The reason why I brought it up was becuase I was having a discussion about it with a V8 style dragster guy at ATCO realted to a NON evo car recently and when I saw a pitcure of the 06MR car it got my mind thinking about making a air dam for my Evo but them recalled what the guy at the track told me about beams.

Before I spend time making a AERO dam for the nose of my car I wanted to see what other thought and IF I would be called out for doing the same.

Perhapse I could have worded my suggestions differently but frankly i thought the car looked amazing and wanted to make mine look the same

Frankly, I was disappointed to hear he had to cut the edge off of it.

Al

Last edited by DynoFlash; May 30, 2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old May 30, 2008, 08:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by crispeed
And they wonder why no one wants to go out racing anymore. If they keep adjusting rules for the cry babies that's what happens. The ones that have the knowledge and experience to better their performance get penalised and handicapped for innovation. Might as well call it heads up bracket racing.
The only way to regulate perfomance is through chassis/tire rules. Don't limit performanc through stupid rules that limit motor performance etc. In the end it does not matter what power you're making if everyone has the same chassis/tire combo. That seems to work for the 10.5 tire racers. Wonder why that class is the most popular presently.
Thanks for stating this.
Old May 30, 2008, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
9sec240, refer to the other thread I started before telling me how it all works. We actually went to the track tonight and tested it rather than sitting on the computer talking **** about how it works or doesn't.
Old May 30, 2008, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
evolutionary, actually, if you payed more attention you would have gotten the entire reason we had to do this. . . .

Also, if you use that college education you have or maybe just a little common sense you will realize that when the chute comes out it actually will unload the front of the car some RAISING it up. Nice try though. . . .

So on this same subject, since you brought it up. We are installing a proportioning valve for the rear brakes to get rid of some of the hit on the rear tires when he hits the brakes. We are also moving some weight to the rear to help with the problem.

Thanks for giving me another reason to not like you, talking when you know nothing doesn't get you anywhere.
I knew the exact reason you did this. I read all of your posts and knew about the brakes and needing to install the proportioning valve. You are right I have no clue how a parachute is mounted on a car, where exactly it attaches, what leverage forces are applied, whether it pulls the car up or down, etc.

Reading through all these pages of discussion and then hearing about how people could bring the front end down to get a better time, then remembering you saying to pull the chute before the end I just wondered if, in addition to saving the car, it could also have been an advantage. . . It was the whole "before the end" thing that got me wondering. Now I understand you simply meant before hitting the brakes.

I specifically left out names and made my comment as general as possible to avoid any hard feelings. I just wanted to know if it could have helped. Thank you for the information.

Talking when I know nothing gets me something - a little bit more knowledge. That's how I learn, by questioning things. I never would have known if I didn't ask. Thanks for the information.

BTW, I wasn't the only one questioning this. Thanks for clarifying for all those who didn't know.
Old May 30, 2008, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Alright i had to excuse myself my 2 year old girl is learning to potty train and she had a poopy accident

Al i agree with that i really want to go i think it would be fun but i can't answer that at this second. As soon as i have a firm answer i will say yes or no.

From what i see here so far is this is a very important matter to the Buschur camp and means allot to have the records which i can completely understand as this is income and bragging rights. I just dont see a fair way of trying to enforce this or regulate it.

Any ideas?
Old May 30, 2008, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

It sure seemed the say you said it you were accusing us of trying to trip the ET lights early...........please read what you wrote again and you will see why I said this.

It's amazing to me how much stuff we have done and tried over the years. Everytime something comes up, such as this subject, it seems my little mind unlocks some other memory of something. I don't want to sound any more conceited than most of you already think I am but the reality is I have experienced just about everything in the drag racing world.
Old May 30, 2008, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Paul, the record is important to any of us going after it. Not just us. You spend as much time as I do on the internet talking up your supporters which helps their businesses. You guys spent 10 times the amount of time working on your car as we do. We rarely, very rarely, take anytime out of our day to work on our black car. It shows as most of it is just not that nice and quite honestly it is not nearly as fast as it could be or should be. Hate drives us though and right now we are all pretty motivated at the shop, so we will be working on it this week. Besides we are taking it to Pinks next week, we have our ticket.

This topic should be important to anyone who IF they do set a record wants their record to be legit. Do you really want to actually run a record pass to have some douche bag hang something under his car and then come out and kick your *** the next week by cheating? Let me answer for you, no you don't.

Liars, cheaters and thieves there are so many of them all over the place. Tough for an honest guy to make a living or set a record.
Old May 30, 2008, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
It sure seemed the say you said it you were accusing us of trying to trip the ET lights early...........please read what you wrote again and you will see why I said this.
. . . .
Reread it and fixed it. That's not what I intended. Intended as more of a question than an accusation. Sorry.
Old May 30, 2008, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Apology accepted, thank you very much. You just earned one "like" point back. hahaha
Old May 30, 2008, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Damn my other thread isn't getting any action. Here it is:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=348652
Old May 30, 2008, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

BTW, MikeAWD, I keep reading about you bringing 3 cars to the shootout. I just wanted to say that is fine but you can only compete and drive in one class. We have that rule so you don't end up missing a class call from another class that is running.
Old May 30, 2008, 09:02 PM
Former Sponsor

9sec240, refer to the other thread I started before telling me how it all works. We actually went to the track tonight and tested it rather than sitting on the computer talking **** about how it works or doesn't.

You proved my point. You device lifted out of the beams just like I said would happen. Thanks for taking the time to prove what I already knew.

You originally had it 1.25" off the ground (just over the diameter of a quarter) and it lifted out of the beams. You stated you had to almost put it on the ground to get it to work.

Its clear that 06MR's car was much further off the ground than your device was. You have validated 06MRs run. I am sure he appreciates that.
Old May 30, 2008, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Validated your point? Only if you chose to read only what you want to read. I also agreed that Brandon's car probably lifted out of the beams, did you read that part? At 1.25" of ground clearance that only gives 3/8" for the car to raise before it is out of the beams, even your 240 will lift the front end that much.

The point of the test was to see what it would do to the ET's how about a thanks for showing it can effect the times rather than your stupid *** thanks?
Old May 30, 2008, 09:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BTW, MikeAWD, I keep reading about you bringing 3 cars to the shootout. I just wanted to say that is fine but you can only compete and drive in one class. We have that rule so you don't end up missing a class call from another class that is running.
No thats cool.. I didnt think i could jump in and drive 2 of them in 2 classes.. 1 is going to be my mechanics car for Stock appearing, My black car in Q16, and My RS in EE will be driven by a friend.. Thanks for the info though!!

Quick Reply: No Excuses rules discussion - I have a question