Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

No Excuses rules discussion - I have a question

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2008, 12:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Its ok if your scared, forget i asked.. I guess everything you said to trent earlier in the week was just talk.. Keep it safe!! Later..
If you can get the police to OK a race outside the track, have an ambulance at the ready in case somebody gets hurt and its a safe road, then I would be more than happy to race. Ask the cop if he can flag the race. I am sure he will have a flashlight. If not, you might as well ask me to rob a bank with you.

Its ok if your car isnt street enough to drive there and then race. Proves a point though... not only is my car quicker and faster than yours, its also a better street car.
Old May 31, 2008, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Magnus
Funny how Dave Buschur comes in here quoting NHRA rules ONLY when he gets beat.

First of all mister bigtime drag racer, You are a hypocrite and everybody knows it. You quote NHRA rules, even though you enter your car into an event with no cage, trying to cheat the rules. (that makes you a cheater) which runs far lower than the 11.49 requirment and try to get away with it.

You come here and accuse others of cheating, and quote your time slips, which have never been proven in competition, and in order for them to be validated have to be backed up within a certain percentile ON THE SAME DAY. It's called "backing up your time".

You certainly talk alot of smack for a sore loser, poor competitor, and king of the one pass wonders.

When are you going to man up and come race me? Maybe you can man up and Race TTX instead? Or anyoe for that matter? OH WAIT you only race yourself. Very proud of you.

You are all RACERS BRO!
I know that David and Marco have some grudges against each other but Marco does bring up a valid point with the NHRA safety equipment. If your going to call someone out on the rules you yourself need to comply by them. We have spent thousands of dollars brining our vehicle's up to there requirements which also adds a bunch of weight. So the list should go top 15 NHRA certified legal vehicle's that comply by the rules if you ask me.

Shouldn't all the times that David claims to be done on a NHRA track?? How do we know the track is legit or if its not. NHRA is the only wayi see that keeps the field a level playing field to the best of there ability's

I still feel that there is no real way of regulating all the rules to many tracks. Only thing we can go by is NHRA if you ask me

Last edited by Paul Nelson; May 31, 2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old May 31, 2008, 12:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Paul Nelson
I know that David and Marco have some grudges against each other but Marco does bring up a valid point with the NHRA safety equipment. If your going to call someone out on the rules you yourself need to comply by them. We have spent thousands of dollars brining our vehicle's up to there requirements which also adds a bunch of weight. So the list should go top 15 NHRA certified legal vehicle's that comply by the rules if you ask me.

Shouldn't all the times that David claims to be done on a NHRA track?? How do we know the track is legit or if its not. NHRA is the only i see that keeps the field a level playing field to the best of there ability's

I still feel that there is no real way of regulating all the rules to many tracks. Only thing we can go by is NHRA if you ask me
I truly could not care if someone is meeting safety requirements or not, but i do feel that if you are going to be calling someone out for cheating you shouldn't be breaking any rules your self.

BTW: Al you launch aid that is not legal in any form of racing, I would call that cheating. So i guess that means your times don't count.
Old May 31, 2008, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by inneedof
I truly could not care if someone is meeting safety requirements or not, but i do feel that if you are going to be calling someone out for cheating you shouldn't be breaking any rules your self.

BTW: Al you launch aid that is not legal in any form of racing, I would call that cheating. So i guess that means your times don't count.
You don't even race Billy If your read by me adding a extra 200lbs to my car does change how it performs. and the other guys doesn't have to do that??? The extra 200lbs in safety equipment is mph. The NHRA tracks are legit times.
Old May 31, 2008, 01:06 PM
Former Sponsor

LOL ... Its not cheating until someone beats your time ...
Old May 31, 2008, 01:13 PM
Former Sponsor

You don't even race Billy If your read by me adding a extra 200lbs to my car does change how it performs. and the other guys doesn't have to do that??? The extra 200lbs in safety equipment is mph. The NHRA tracks are legit times.

Paul the fact that i don't have a car that i am racing has nothing to do with anything. I just think that all the crying about peoples times is bull****. In the evom vocabulary the word congratulations has been replaced with your cheating. I Can think of a certain fast local evo that should have a cage but does not. Does that mean that his times don't count? Im sure if your car was teched to 100% compliance there would be something that they would find that is questionable(the same as every car that is running times like yours).

The Pure fact of the mater is people will do what they can get away with. Take David for example, you know i hate him more then just about anyone. I am not out there saying the the rs's times don't count because he doesn't have a cage. Yes he could add one and take out the weight somewhere else, but really it doesn't change what the car has run. There Drag car, they had a decision to make, more is cheap and reliable and one is expensive and prone to breaking, when you put it in those terms David would have to be a moron not to do what he did.

You all just need to realize that it is about going fast, If someone else is faster then you don't make excuses or pick apart the other person. Go to the track and run faster. If your car can not run faster get back in the garage and pull out all the stops. Racing is what will put you at the top of the list not politics.

Paul this is not directed at you, you are a great friend to me and that means alot. All the crying form everyone that i hear just gets old after a while. Even the comments about Al's launch aid, i could care less that he has it, I was just pointing out the fact that if you are going to call someone out, you are going to get it back three fold.
Old May 31, 2008, 01:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing
LOL ... Its not cheating until someone beats your time ...

no one ever said it helped
Old May 31, 2008, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Paul the fact that i don't have a car that i am racing has nothing to do with anything. I just think that all the crying about peoples times is bull****. In the evom vocabulary the word congratulations has been replaced with your cheating. I Can think of a certain fast local evo that should have a cage but does not. Does that mean that his times don't count? Im sure if your car was teched to 100% compliance there would be something that they would find that is questionable(the same as every car that is running times like yours).

The Pure fact of the mater is people will do what they can get away with. Take David for example, you know i hate him more then just about anyone. I am not out there saying the the rs's times don't count because he doesn't have a cage. Yes he could add one and take out the weight somewhere else, but really it doesn't change what the car has run. There Drag car, they had a decision to make, more is cheap and reliable and one is expensive and prone to breaking, when you put it in those terms David would have to be a moron not to do what he did.

You all just need to realize that it is about going fast, If someone else is faster then you don't make excuses or pick apart the other person. Go to the track and run faster. If your car can not run faster get back in the garage and pull out all the stops. Racing is what will put you at the top of the list not politics.

Paul this is not directed at you, you are a great friend to me and that means alot. All the crying form everyone that i hear just gets old after a while. Even the comments about Al's launch aid, i could care less that he has it, I was just pointing out the fact that if you are going to call someone out, you are going to get it back three fold.

Billy all that going faster stuff is great but when someone brings up NHRA rules you open a whole can of worms so this is what this all about now. Or at least the way i see it.

Its ok son we know the Buschur love is strong in you
Old May 31, 2008, 01:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Billy all that going faster stuff is great but when someone brings up NHRA rules you open a whole can of worms so this is what this all about now. Or at least the way i see it.

Its ok son we know the Buschur love is strong in you
I completely agree that if someone is going to bring it up, they should get called out on it. My comments were more just based off of the general tone that evom has been giving off since Brandon ran his 8. It really does make me sick to see someone achieve such a great accomplishment and then have people bash on him for it. ( same goes for Davids accomplishment with the new rear end)

and just because of the last comment you made i am going to take a crap in the driver seat of your car next time i am at the shop.
Old May 31, 2008, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
well I have to agree on that too, if you bring up nhra rules pointing them at other people, then you should also abide by the NHRA rules as well. Thats like the preacher being a molestor, just not a good example
Old May 31, 2008, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fimotorsports
well I have to agree on that too, if you bring up nhra rules pointing them at other people, then you should also abide by the NHRA rules as well. Thats like the preacher being a molestor, just not a good example
Im sorry father....
Old May 31, 2008, 02:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 9sec240
If you can get the police to OK a race outside the track, have an ambulance at the ready in case somebody gets hurt and its a safe road, then I would be more than happy to race. Ask the cop if he can flag the race. I am sure he will have a flashlight. If not, you might as well ask me to rob a bank with you.

Its ok if your car isnt street enough to drive there and then race. Proves a point though... not only is my car quicker and faster than yours, its also a better street car.
Im not going to bicker back and forth.. You made a comment to trent in another thread that you were up for some action.. I guess it was just talk.. I live 1200miles probably from you and i am not going to drop my car at the 700 mile marker to drive it and prove something to you.. troll on about your car on the KA forums, i am sure your someones hero on there.. Ive whipped 8.90 powerglide cars with big tires on a regular basis, i would make quick work of you anyway.. Im just curious what changed from last week til now?? see link below.. " No Excuses "

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...&postcount=230
Attached Thumbnails No Excuses rules discussion - I have a question-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by AWD Motorsports; May 31, 2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old May 31, 2008, 02:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Im not going to bicker back and forth.. You made a comment to trent in another thread that you were up for some action.. I guess it was just talk.. I live 1200miles probably from you and i am not going to drop my car at the 700 mile marker to drive it and prove something to you.. troll on about your car on the KA forums, i am sure your someones hero on there.. Ive whipped 8.90 powerglide cars with big tires on a regular basis, i would make quick work of you anyway..
I am always up for a race. I asked Trent to PM me to work out details and he did not. I would not have raced him on the street and would have tried to work something out that was safe and legal.

Out here we value our safety and the safety of others (not to mention our cars and drivers licenses) so we take it to the track. http://www.rsdforums.net/ is a street race night at local drag strips that allows us to spot people out, leave off a flag or flashlight, give a person the bust, etc all while being safe and legal. If you or Trent wanted to do something like this (honestly what I had envisioned) then I am all over it. If not......... No sweat.

Till then, my car is quicker / faster and more of a street car than yours.

Enjoy your weekend and stay safe! Who would run the quick / fast lists if something happened to you?
Old May 31, 2008, 02:26 PM
Account Disabled

wow, maybe everyone should sell their Evos and get Volvos
Old May 31, 2008, 02:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 9sec240
I am always up for a race. I asked Trent to PM me to work out details and he did not. I would not have raced him on the street and would have tried to work something out that was safe and legal.

Out here we value our safety and the safety of others (not to mention our cars and drivers licenses) so we take it to the track. http://www.rsdforums.net/ is a street race night at local drag strips that allows us to spot people out, leave off a flag or flashlight, give a person the bust, etc all while being safe and legal. If you or Trent wanted to do something like this (honestly what I had envisioned) then I am all over it. If not......... No sweat.

Till then, my car is quicker / faster and more of a street car than yours.

Enjoy your weekend and stay safe! Who would run the quick / fast lists if something happened to you?
Its ok if your scared..

Quick Reply: No Excuses rules discussion - I have a question