Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

No Excuses rules discussion - I have a question

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2008, 11:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
So the jury seems divided thus far
How I see it is that if we start making up all kind of silly rules where do we we draw the line? Even worse how do we enforce all these rules?
Probaly start a poll.
Rules take the fun out racing.

Last edited by crispeed; May 30, 2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old May 30, 2008, 12:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crispeed
Just for you information this is not MIKE!!!!
You're the only one instigating stuff in this tread so far.
Im just tired and grumpy i wont push the buttons anymore.
Old May 30, 2008, 12:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul Nelson
Im just tired and grumpy i wont push the buttons anymore.
All the percocets finished allready?
Old May 30, 2008, 05:04 AM
Evolved Member

The front lip spoiler even if touching the ground will trip the first beam but wouldnt do anything since the vehicle would have to keep moving up to get to the front tire. At that point the the first beam would again come on and then you still have to go through the ROLLOUT to get the car staged. So the arguement is lacking. The only advantage would be at the other end in hopes to trigger the beam early with the lower spoiler, however under acceleration this would be very difficult as the beams are 1.65" high....

I think the rules should be, NO TRYING to make rules. The public will have already determined the winner.
Old May 30, 2008, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 06 MR
i dont talk smack about anyone i just do what i like and do best and that is racing... if someone makes a nice pass i tel them congrats and thats it. dont pick at people cars for cheating or anything like that.. but ill be at BOTI at atco this weekend .. al feel free to come stand at the lane and watch my trip the beams too make sure its good.. SEE YA THERE..

Later
Brandon
Brandon, don't let this **** bother you.. Its what happens when your up on top.

I have a question though, is it legal to attach an aero lip that is 1260 ft long to the front of the car? This would greatly aide cars that break around the 60ft mark.
Old May 30, 2008, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JuniorAWD
Brandon, don't let this **** bother you.. Its what happens when your up on top.

I have a question though, is it legal to attach an aero lip that is 1260 ft long to the front of the car? This would greatly aide cars that break around the 60ft mark.
Old May 30, 2008, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

edit

Last edited by warp9; May 30, 2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old May 30, 2008, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Wow Al, are you just posting this because the TurboTrix evo has a nice and low/big front lip?

Are you kidding me?

Aero is a huge part of pushing a brick through the air, make your car go fast and stop causing drama.

Scorke
Old May 30, 2008, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Brandon - this thread has ZERO to do with you

Someone suggested to me that by adding very low aero attachments on my Evo I can adie my 60' time and get a head jump start on the timing beams by having my car rolling well before the run beam starts the timer

My question is SUCH a device FAIR PLAY or LEGIT ?????

Since you are saying that your lip does not effect the beams then this question does not relate to you

Its a hypothetical question

Al
Why dont you just add one and see if your 60s get better.

Yes its fair play/legit...

I almost guarantee you will gain a slim to non existant advantage to running a low front splitter, all the gain comes from keeping the air going over the top/sides of the car to minimize the drag/parachute effect from the air passing under the car and getting caught on the messy underneath.

Scorke
Old May 30, 2008, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scorke
Wow Al, are you just posting this because the TurboTrix evo has a nice and low/big front lip?

Are you kidding me?

Aero is a huge part of pushing a brick through the air, make your car go fast and stop causing drama.

Scorke
Probably buttsore because he has been trying for 2yrs to hit eights and this guy comes out of no where and owns lol and he knows Paul will be eights soon so he feels left out.
Old May 30, 2008, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mchuang
Probably buttsore because he has been trying for 2yrs to hit eights and this guy comes out of no where and owns lol and he knows Paul will be eights soon so he feels left out.
Almost definately the reason. The sad part is Al himself is slowing his car down more than anything.....

It's just sad to see people attack others accomplishments out of jealousy.

Scorke
Old May 30, 2008, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mchuang

I shooting for 8s this sunday Weather permitting and my nose is healed up some. We are working on taking out another 100lbs today

Im going to try the trip the light back up and make my run from the burn-out box method i heard it makes for a higher mph!
Old May 30, 2008, 08:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Mike you have 2 accounts?
Ask a moderator to check the IP address. Crispeed is from Miami and my shop is 75 miles from him.. Good try though detective..
Old May 30, 2008, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Ask a moderator to check the IP address. Crispeed is from Miami and my shop is 75 miles from him.. Good try though detective..
Bah i just saw mike on the sig relax. I could care less if you had 20 accounts
Old May 30, 2008, 08:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Mike you always side with the Buschur camp never with ours

Im sure it depends on the track and the NHRA involvement there. all my videos will have vids of the tree and the tire
Paul be very careful who you are accusing of typing under which name.. your really pissing me off now.. I was asleep when this thread went on and i just got into myshop and read this thread for the 1st time..

I dont side with the buschur camp Paul.. I have my own opinion and i voice it when i feel i have to.. You made the huge stink last week about buschurs car last week and then you tell me it was really AMS that was pissed.. I heard hours upon hours of crying about the BR car..You got your panties all in a bunch over nothing.. 90% of everyone on here agreed the car should stay on the list and not be strongarmed into being out on his own list.. Get in your car and run some times and stop worrying about everyone else.. The way it looks right now you have been knocked down to #4.. Look who is right below you in a street car on that list!!!

Quick Reply: No Excuses rules discussion - I have a question