Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Green World Record 10.20 @ 130.96mph,allboost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blitz118

Why is so important for you to know what they ran on the other passes? Are you trying to find out if the other passes backed up the 10.20 pass? Yes, it sounds like they are running a AEM now from the video when they start the car.
Off topic but... does every AEM start like that? If so... that is a shame.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crcain
Off topic but... does every AEM start like that? If so... that is a shame.

Yes, that's how they start and what's there to be a shamed of? When tuned by someone who knows what they're doing the car will run better than stock. AEM is not the only choice here, so they can use other standalones that will start the car faster, but it's not really a big deal to some people here and in PR.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:36 AM
Account Disabled

CAR IS SICK!! excellent job and congrats!
Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

blitz118, the other passes tell the potential and consistency of a tune/car. That's why many of the posters make more than just one post about their MULTIPLE passes. It gives the readers something to evaluate. Since we posted our 10.61 @130 mph post 4 1/2 months ago, it's good to see what the competition is doing, not just ONE pass of information. I posted MANY passes in great detail. I'm only looking for the same info that I've posted. I guess we could all just clam up and quit posting anything but a single result, but then, no one learns what's going on.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Not to take anything away from you guys, but Curt Brown wasn't very far off running a completely stock turbo. Nevertheless a 10.2 is awesome, but there's still probably room to go yet.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
Not to take anything away from you guys, but Curt Brown wasn't very far off running a completely stock turbo. Nevertheless a 10.2 is awesome, but there's still probably room to go yet.
Absolutely, the turbo WILL push a car into the 9's this year. Whether in PR or the US Mainland. Either way, we 'Little Guys' win.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
Curt brown also only picked up 2mph and the kept the same ET with the EvoGreen. His car is fast no doubt, with any setup, but it's definitely not the norm. All of his cars are stupid fast for the mods they have.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 9sec9
blitz118, the other passes tell the potential and consistency of a tune/car. That's why many of the posters make more than just one post about their MULTIPLE passes. It gives the readers something to evaluate. Since we posted our 10.61 @130 mph post 4 1/2 months ago, it's good to see what the competition is doing, not just ONE pass of information. I posted MANY passes in great detail. I'm only looking for the same info that I've posted. I guess we could all just clam up and quit posting anything but a single result, but then, no one learns what's going on.
Just because you post every thing you do doesn’t mean they should too. Maybe they want to keep something to themselves and there’s nothing wrong with that either. They’re on the verge of running 9s, so why should they tell you everything they’re doing? You’re the competition. Do you think Buschur and AMS tell everyone what they're doing?
Old Jun 13, 2008, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by housedj
damn that car shifts like it has a dogbox!!! very nice...
Amazing shifts , who needs a big old GT-LAG -O-5R when you can do it with a greeen.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

blitz118, I don't remember asking WHAT they did to the car. It's WHAT the CAR did at the track. If a car makes a WORLD RECORD, the questions are the natural progression. I don't think, if you ask the PR crew, how they feel about our car and our attitude towards them, that they would say anything but thumbsup. WE have mutual respect for each other. Somehow, I think your on the outside trying to defend something that doesn't need defending. I agree with the part of your post that says that I've been willing to post everything and I'm sure that SOMETHING I've posted has been of some benefit. That's OK too, that's why I share what I learn. Trust me when I say, I'm not intimidated. After applauding them, I just put my head back down and go back to getting the record back. Our biggest problem has been that we haven't made a single pass since January that was using a setup in top condition. You can't help but KNOW that the COMPETITION is going to catch you if you aren't running. But the not running bit will change in the very near future. As far as the 'BACKU UP' passes, it doesn't have anything to do with whether they ran the 10.2 or not. It simply lets the others know whether it can be easily duplicated or not. I don't think that even that is in question. They'll be running faster than that soon, I'm sure of it.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CAD EVO
Amazing shifts , who needs a big old GT-LAG -O-5R when you can do it with a greeen.
CAD EVO, it's the ROLY factor. That guy can certainly drive a car. I'm sure the car say's "OH SHEET" when he climbs in. Somehow, it probably knows it's in for a bangin.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 9sec9
... and I'm sure that SOMETHING I've posted has been of some benefit.
I think it is a bit arrogant to presume you taught these guys in PR anything. I don't have a 1% of the drag racing knowledge as the guys in Puerto Rico do and I don't think I learned anything from your thread except that an Evo 9 can fit a 26" slick.

I thoroughly enjoyed your thread, but I didn't learn anything. Tons of people go low to mid 11's with the Green with street tires. What you are doing is what should happen when you put slicks on with VP Import and cut 1.5 60 fts.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

I take that back.. I think you did a cam test between HKS and JUN and so that was something which is likely to have benefited numerous people. But I think most people had a pretty good idea of the diffs between those cams.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

I think it is a bit arrogant to presume you taught these guys in PR anything. I don't have a 1% of the drag racing knowledge as the guys in Puerto Rico do and I don't think I learned anything from your thread except that an Evo 9 can fit a 26" slick.

I thoroughly enjoyed your thread, but I didn't learn anything. Tons of people go low to mid 11's with the Green with street tires. What you are doing is what should happen when you put slicks on with VP Import and cut 1.5 60 fts.
Jeez, I'll try not to waste your time answering your future questions, and mine showing the courtesy. I've learned PLENTY through yours. Thanks for the additional lesson.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

I take that back.. I think you did a cam test between HKS and JUN and so that was something which is likely to have benefited numerous people. But I think most people had a pretty good idea of the diffs between those cams.
It's always easy to say "I already knew that". The simple fact of 'CONFIRMING' what someone already knew, or 'suspected' is learning something, is it not?

Quick Reply: Green World Record 10.20 @ 130.96mph,allboost