Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Green World Record 10.20 @ 130.96mph,allboost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2008, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You always behave like you have answered a bunch of my questions. Any question I had for you was just making conversation. Nothing to do with performance really.

9sec9 your thread and posts were great but it was just getting a bit too self-congralutory for my liking and when you assert these new world record guys must have learned something from you I had to speak up.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

They bolted a Green to the motor.. installed some cams... ported a few bits maybe... dumped in some race gas, put on slicks and clicked off a sick time using a great driver. Where is the secret knowledge that people are either hiding or sharing? I don't see it.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Please, do me a favor and the world. Quit asking questions and begin learning. Your own post say's it all:
Originally Posted by crcain
I've been through one used shortblock I bought from a friend, 3 front diffs, 1 gearbox, 1 bell housing, one oil pump, one rear diff hollow shaft, and one driveshaft stuck to a t-case

Knock on wood that is it for a while
Maybe it's time to start learning from all of your questions. You haven't gotten it right yet. If nothing more than how to conduct yourself in open forums, I would have thought that you would learn something from my posts. If not for content, then for approach. This is my very last response to any of your questions or posts. Thanks again for allowing me to come into your living quarters.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

It's laughable you post that quote from me. 3 front diffs... hmm. Have you ever compared the size of the front diff on an Evo 6 versus an Evo 7/8/9? I didn't think so. If you did you would understand why a 2.4, 35R and VP Import is causing problems with it. I have Kaaz diffs in now. The used shortblock I bought from a friend was ****ed before I even went to tune it. You wouldn't know that either.

Why resort to trying to insult me on the basis of not knowing what you are talking about? And then while doing so tell me about forum behaviour.

I've said my peace here. I don't like how you assumed you've taught the new green world record holders "something". I said it and that is that.

Sorry for the OFF-TOPIC. Congrats to the tuner, driver, and owner of the new Green record holder.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 02:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see the old crcrain is back. You didn't learn anything from 9sec9's posts? get real. He has done nothing but be an open book to many tuners out there who had stock ecu problems or were stuck trying to figure something out. How many people have you helped on this forum? I have not seen anything about your personal car on here and the results from racing. So before you start slaming someone who has contributed loads of truthfull info you should look in the mirror you might not like what you see. Sorry for the . PR guys keep kicking azz with the green. Indy

Last edited by Indy Evo; Jun 13, 2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by crcain
They bolted a Green to the motor.. installed some cams... ported a few bits maybe... dumped in some race gas, put on slicks and clicked off a sick time using a great driver. Where is the secret knowledge that people are either hiding or sharing? I don't see it.

Last week, you said you didn't know anything about the PR car. ----------->
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...6&postcount=53

Apparently, you still don't. Now, you think that they just "bolted a Green to the motor, put in some cams, ported a few bits maybe, dumped in some race gas, put on some slicks and clicked off a great time?" If you're joking, it's not apparent. If you're not, it shows that you have no clue what it takes to run the times that are being done by the PR team and by OKIX/9sec9.

When you are just starting out, shaving a .10 here or there is not difficult. The faster you go, the harder the .10s come off the time.

9sec9 has been a real benefit to a lot of people on this board, and not just those who are running a Green. He has explained and documented the methodical process of improvement.

I would concur with your statement that he has not taught you anything, and that's a shame, since a great many knowledgeable people learned plenty. I suggest that in your case the problem is in with the student, not the teacher.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so sick
Old Jun 14, 2008, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CO_VR4
I suggest that in your case the problem is in with the student, not the teacher.
And why is 9sec9 a "teacher"? What should I have learned exactly? From my perspective he is a fellow member who had a good story to tell. Why are you all so upset? I said I enjoyed the thread but didn't learn anything? I've learned A LOT from TedB on this board, not 9sec9. 9sec9 thought he ran 10.8 at 14 psi and you are telling me I should have learned something from him?

As for the PR Evo and how they ran 10.2, I don't know what they did, I was simply saying I thought it was arrogant for 9sec9 to assume they had to have learned soemthing from him to run that time. I think that under estimates their drag racing experience. The comment I made was just a simplification to convey the thought I don't think there are hidden secrets to take a green to this level.

It's just opinions guys.. stop jumping on my back for having one.