Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Buschur Racing running at Pinks this weekend.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2008, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks for all the good wishes guys. Unfortunately we let ourselves down and you guys. Here is the full story of the days events for our little corner of it all:

Well as you all know we got into the Pinks show and decided to take our black car.

The truth is we could have cared less about actually making it onto the "show" and the final 16 cars. We had one goal in mind and that was to try to re-set the record.

The car was, what we thought, more ready than it had ever been. We have been using the same transmission since we built the car and just freshen it up when needed. Daniel, my brother and the Bushwacker trans end of our business, had some experimental parts built for the EVO transmissions. He had been waiting for just the right time to try them. This weekend was to be the right time.

We decided since the line would be huge to get in the gate we would leave a little later and show up when the gates actual opened. Then we figured the line would atleast be moving, even if we were at the end. Well that didn't work out. We arrived at the track around 10:45 am. Gates opened at 11 am. At around 4:45 our line we were in finally MOVED an inch. Not a big deal, we all hung out and talked all day, Shamus went and got everyone some Wendy's, we had cold drinks, it wasn't all bad, even if it was sitting still for 6 hours in line. Then we worked our way to registration. The girls working there thought we all had ESP and knew what to do, which pissed me off. They gave Daniel his drivers wrist band and we headed back to the truck. Then we get stopped and asked for the rest of our wrist bands. Well we had no idea we needed them as the stupid girls working didn't mention it. Park again, walk back, pay for everyone else's wrist bands. We then get onto the road in front of the track. At this point there are probably 100 cars still behind us to get in. 30-45 minutes later we make it from one end of the track down to the pit gate at which time we are told, "Go around the block and come back in." My brother and I had been talking already and realized that this event and the tech sheet were much more involved than we expected. We had moved the battery to the back of the car and skipped putting in a kill switch. We considered just turning right and going back to the shop. We decided to just keep trying to "grin" and we'd work on it in the pits. We go "around the block" and end up back where we started and in the spectator side of the track. We get in, get pitted, put the awning down (did I mention it was 96 degrees?) and jump on the pit bike to go find a battery shut off switch to buy. The part story at the track is closed.........great. I am buzzing back to the track through vendor's row and stop at a large trailer, I'm in luck, they have a switch, no wires, no lugs but a switch. By the time I get to the trailer Daniel is about 70% complete installing a switch and has wires and lugs too. THANK YOU TREVOR!! Trevor just happened to have a brand new kit in his trailer. Just as we finish the install we hear a very loud noise. The wind took our awning, broke the metal support and threw it over top of the trailer. Great day we are having here, let me tell you.
Shamus jumped up on top of the trailer and pulled it back down. I got a drill a new bolt and some snips and rebuilt the end of the broken support got it fixed and put back on.

Up to this point of the day it has been frustrating. I've never been at an event this long and not even made a pass yet. It is now about 7 pm and we are just getting into tech. As we sit in the line for tech I hear Trevor made a pass in the Magnum (our old Time Attack EVO he bought) and broke. We make it through tech, car is perfect, sign our waivers for the TV show and then are told we can go immediately up to make a pass. Wow, hectic all day, sit and wait and now we decided to hurry up and make a pass. Daniel is feeling pretty overwhelmed but suits up and we all drive to the staging lanes.

It's HOT. The cars are going down the track in true Norwalk style, they are running them through quick! So it won't be long and we finally will get to do what we came here to do...............then a Mustang wrecks, bad. Hit both walls. Two ambulances and a very long time later, life flight shows up. The guy was knocked out, broken leg and severe stomach pain. I hope he is OK. We get back to racing after another hour or so.

Daniel pulls up and attempts to do a small "burn out". The car doesn't spin the tires at all. That's OK.

He launches the car and it hooks so hard it bogs. 2nd gear shift was the best I've seen ever, 3rd gear is good too then I hear the engine free rev and the car just drives the rest of the way, 10.0 or something horrible. At this point I am thinking I really-really hate racing (I do that quite often actually. Trent is behind us and I watch him click off an 11.3 on pump gas, nice clean run.

I run down to see what happened. Daniel's not happy. He starts apologizing and I tell him "**** happens". For whatever reason the car has absolutely no signs what-so-ever of a 4th gear. Sitting still it goes in and feels fine. Shifting it, even on the return road, no 4th gear.

We head back to the trailer to find Joe Gilk waiting on me to check the log in his Conquest, Trevor waiting for us to look at his car and Daniel and I pissed off over our own car. We load up our stuff. I check the log and Daniel heads off to try and help Trevor. Quick fuel adjustment on Joe's car. Trevor isn't so lucky. It appears he has a broken T-case. We all decided to go back to our shop and fix the cars.

Our shop is 10 minutes from the track. We end up getting there at about 9:45 pm. It's been a long day. Sunburns, broken parts, lack of food and drinks, heat, stinky sweaty and pretty pissed off/disapointed.

Daniel and I decide on the way back to the shop we don't care about Pinks. It was nearly 12 hours for one run. We'd rather fix Trevor who came all the way from Wisconsin for this and just fix our car later and run it on a normal night when it's not so hectic and we can concentrate on our own car and not everyone else's. It's also late and I don't see the point in pulling our car in and being up until early morning rebuilding a transmission to go sit in line for 1 pass the next day.

Luckily I have been holding onto ONE premium transfer case for the RS or black car. It is the ONLY spare we have. Trevor ripped the teeth off the pinion gear in the transfer case.

Daniel pulls it out, swaps the Cusco diff into the transfer case I have and we are eating pizza an hour later.

It's now Saturday morning, I slept like a rock. I'm typing this and feel very glad we weren't up late fixing the black car.

It's hot as hell again here today and I'm going to just ride the motorcycle out to the track and help Trent, Trevor and Joe with their cars.

We'll get our car out Wednesday or Friday night of this week and run it again.

Oh, I forgot. The scene is completely off the hook at the track. This is by far the largest event I have ever participated in. The track is literally FULL. To the credit of the hard working track people it has to be an extremely difficult task to manage this many people. The delay getting into the track, while it was long, wasn't a big deal, it was almost relaxing. The midway is HUGE with manufacturers, stuff for kids to do like rock climbing walls, those big rubber bands they hook up to and bounce on a big water slide. It's pretty nuts.

Also, Trevor actually made two runs. I tuned the car on Thursday at just 34 psi and have the car set up so it can be drag raced, autocrossed or road raced at that level. He ran a 10.3 at 139 mph, pretty freaking impressive.

Good luck to the guys that are left in the show today, not just our guys but all of them.

Off to the track.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the update David, Sorry about your bad luck, at least you got a good nights sleep. That's racing, it's a love hate thing. Just dont forget to have fun! Hope Trevor has good runs today.

Man I really hate super prepped tracks in a AWD. Every launch feels like something is going to break.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Jun 7, 2008, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mirebih
SPEEDtv.com will be offering streaming video of the process Saturday, beginning at 12PM ET right HERE on StreetFire.net.

Watch the Featured Channel Video player on the upper left hand side of the StreetFire Home Page.

Has anybody had this work yet? Mine just keeps saying loading.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 09:52 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Good showing regardless, David! Thanks for the update.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by 2.3 Evo 8
Has anybody had this work yet? Mine just keeps saying loading.
http://www.speedtvgames.com/PAO-Live/

try that its working for me
Old Jun 7, 2008, 09:58 AM

Sounds like a good time.. cheers and keep at it.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the update. Real sorry to hear about 4th gear.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The live stream sucks, can't even hear what their saying
Old Jun 7, 2008, 10:36 AM
fre
Evolved Member

They should have another camera that has a close up on the time board or have some way of porting the sound from the announcer directly into the web cam so it overpowers the background noise . So far a few quick evos and a low 9 second civic. The quickest evo I think was red with black something on the side.

Last edited by fre; Jun 7, 2008 at 10:40 AM.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fre
They should have another camera that has a close up on the time board or have some way of porting the sound from the announcer directly into the web cam so it overpowers the background noise . So far a few quick evos and a low 9 second civic. The quickest evo I think was red with black something on the side.
Have you seen the one on Streetfire? I can only get the one on SpeedTV to work
Old Jun 7, 2008, 11:24 AM
fre
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NIevo
Have you seen the one on Streetfire? I can only get the one on SpeedTV to work
I think streetfire just links you to speed. Maybe they are covering it as well tomorrow though I dunno? I just happen to catch what the announcer said when the civic went 9s.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

it seems like this sorta thing always happens when a import gets on tv. thanks for the update and sorry to hear about 4th
Old Jun 7, 2008, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fre
I think that was old Buschur TA car

http://www.buschurracing.com/racing-attackevo.htm
Old Jun 7, 2008, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

man sorry to hear this dave. hope you guys have a better next week!

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing running at Pinks this weekend.